What should I do? >

What should I do?

Notices

What should I do?

Old 03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts
Angry What should I do?

I was just wondering what you all think I should do. I have had problems with my 2001 302 since I bought it and they have never been taken care of. Baja finally took the boat in November to the factory and they told us that it would be fixed by spring. Well spring is here and nothing has been done to the boat yet. I can't even get a phone call back from them. I posted a thread last year and the following quote was the opening of the thread. After talking to Baja last year I was confident that they would take care of the problems even though they had been dragging there feet all last summer --I had the boat at one of their dealers for over 8 weeks with essentially nothing done by Baja. Anyway is time to call an attorney or what? Can I have all of you guys flood Baja with calls demanding that my boat gets fixed? I just don't understand how they can run a business this way. I am 23 years old on my second Baja already and thinking of trading up after only 2 years again. I traded my first one after only a year. If I keep this process up I will have bought 5-6 Baja's by the time I am 30. Why would they treat me like sh!t and make me want to buy another brand simply because of service.

Sorry so long I just need to vent.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Ironmanwb
I finally got Baja to come and look at my boat. They have already done some "minor adjusting" (ie adding 2 inches to a strake on one side and sanding out a 1/8 hook in the other) to the hull but the boat still lists to one side.

They want to take it back to the factory and do some more "adjusting". I bought the boat new and they seem to think that refitting the hull of the boat does not lessen the value of it. I think that I should get some type of compensation for their mistake. I didn't know I was getting a scratch and dent boat --- I thought I was getting new boat.

Sorry for the rant but I have been dealing with this problem for over a year. Please write back with what you think I should do and if you think Baja owes me anything.

Thanks,

Aaron

PS. For those of you who don't know I have a 2001 302 w/ 454 mpi mags. I bought it new last year.
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Registered

Lots of looks no responses I am I out of line?
Old 03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Bajabuoy

Ironman

You sound pretty bummed out. I bought a 2001 302 and just loved it. Just traded for a 38 Special to be delivered April 17th. The 302 had 496 MAG's and ran 69-71 depending on water, load, gas , etc. The boat always listed a little to port and I had to compensate with port trim tab. Wasn't a big deal. What engines do you have and what's you top end at what rpm. Mine topped out at 4700- 4800 rpm's with Mirage three blade props. With 4 blade props the best I could do was 66 but it sure jumped out of the hole and hung on the corners. The dealer you purchased the boat from is your best bet of getting service through so it's worth a little work(compliments& butt smacking) to build a good relationship. I've heard of hulls with hooks but their fairly rare. Wish I could help more. Good Luck. I've had good luck and service through my dealer.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a bumb deal. Have you tried to contact any personnell in operations? ie. regional manager, vp, president. if that doesnt work you have the lemon law. Any further you would have to go to the BBB. Beware if you start with the BBB you may not reap any bene's. Just my 2 cents
Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Registered

Bajabuoy

I have 454 mag mpi turning outward and they run around 4850-5100 rpms with the 3 blade mirages. Just curious were your props turing in or out.

I have been in contact directly with baja. I bought the boat from national marine and they have not helped at all I called and called and they only came out to the boat once and it was never fixed.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Registered

I would continue to pester the living chit out of Baja and National Marine it is BOTH of their responsibilities. If they continue to do nothing I would document all correspondence with them and post it in the bad business section here on OSO....that should get some response. You can post it as 2 separate issues, one being with Baja the other with National Marine.

If they continue to not respond you may have to try the BBB or some type of other recourse. If they treated me this way there is NO WAY I would do business with this manufacturer or dealer again. The sole purpose of having a dealer network is that you compliment each other...otherwise why not sell direct. It sounds to me like you are getting hosed by both of them.

Also, how pushy are you? I know I reach a point in situations like this that I absolutely lose it...then I am an absolute A**hole and I will get some kinda response...be it what I want or not. I'm not recommending this route but eventually enough is enough

Just my .02
Old 03-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I remember your issues, Ironman, with the listing from your previous posts. I'm surprised it's taking so long to get you resolution. Either Baja is stumped as to what is wrong and don't know how to fix it or they just don't have the time.

I've read recently that Baja is totally sold out for 2004 and can barely keep up with production. Which is a good thing, but may be what's preventing them from providing attention to your boat.

Sorry to hear, though. I do not think that you are at all out of line. I would be calling them every day to bother the crap out of them. It is unexcusable, in my opinion, to leave you high and dry this long as well as promising a fix date that they could not uphold.

As a refresher, what was causing the list? Was is apparant when sitting still or just when underway?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Registered

i have had issues with baja myself, and wil not own another baja after my 342. baja has always had a reputation for poor customer service. some people praise them, but for the majority they are awful. there were hopes that they would improve when acquired by brunswick corp, but that did not materialize. the threat of you not buying another boat from them is trivial at best. as baja daze has quoted, they are sold out for 2004, and really do no care about you. take your lumps, and use this as a lesson, and dump your boat. i am not saying some other company will be any better, but baja certainately is not the answer for you. good luck...
Old 03-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Registered

Daze

It only happens when underway. From planning to about 4300 Rpms if I trim out the drives. But I can't always run 4000+ rpms and have the bow in the air. If I don't trim the drives out it will list even at WOT. I can use the tabs to trim it out but I have to have the right tab half way down to correct it.

They never promised me a specific date but they did say that they would have it done in early spring. The engineers that took the boat out last year said it had a hook and they could fix it at the factory. I know that they are extremely busy right now. In fact I am getting help from the new Dealer in the area Fox Chapel of Port Clinton they have been great, and I know that Fox Chapel has been helping Baja do water test and diagnois problems for them. I just want my boat back. I am thinking about moving up to a 33 ol or a 342 mabey evne a 36ol of the price is right. But I can't trade the boat if has problems and if I don't have it in my possession.

I have not called them everyday yet or gotton rude with them but I am at my boiling point, that is why I am posting on here. I have to vent or I will explode.

Last edited by Ironmanwb; 03-31-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Ironmanwb
I have to vent or I will explode.
I know the feeling.

Thanks for the response. I hope that with the help of your dealer, this gets resolved sooner than later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.