Banana 24 restoration progress >

Banana 24 restoration progress

Notices

Banana 24 restoration progress

Old 01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
I think 4200, but maybe 5200, can't remember.

As for the height of the drive:
The X dim is from the crankshaft center to the bottom of the boat. You want to be around 17-1/2" with a standard length drive. This would put the prop 4-1/2 to 5" below the bottom.
I believe this is where you want to set it up to run 3 and 4 blade props.
Give me a call if you want to talk about drive height and props. I've done a lot of testing on similar hulls.
You can also compare to the Super; it was right on the money.

I will measure it next time I go up there. Jefro told me when he redid the transom, he raised the x 2 inches and that is all I know about it. I am sure there will be lots of trial and error in prop selection for awhile
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
I will measure it next time I go up there. Jefro told me when he redid the transom, he raised the x 2 inches and that is all I know about it. I am sure there will be lots of trial and error in prop selection for awhile
Back in the day with TRS drives the prop shaft was typically set at about 7" below the bottom for use with 3 blade mirage or cleaver props. The TRS is about 2” longer so the hole should not have moved that much...
Believe me when I tell you, set it up for the prop shaft 4-1/2" to 5" below the bottom. I'm not saying re-cut the hole, but maybe you will need a spacer to get there. If you try to run with a higher propshaft you’ll just shoot a big rooster tail rather than going fast...
Run Bravo 1 4 blade props for the best all around performance. When you get her dialed in with the right pitch, have BBlades lab the prop for that extra 2mph...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

So this is the boat that's getting all the old Superboat parts. I got the swimplatform...would've looked good on that Banana

Pat is right about the X. A standard Bravo is 21 13/16" long. If your X is 17.5" that should set you below the keel approx. 4.25". Good luck with the project.

Last edited by jdub; 01-29-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After measuring the drive, which is not installed just pushed into the gimble, it is 17 1/2" from the shaft to the bottom of the V. The prop shaft is 5 1/2 to 6"s from the bottom of the V.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Registered

That sounds about right with the drive tucked all the way in. You will have a little negative trim. Once you get your trim pump hooked up and set your drive at nuetral trim you should be just right. Lookin good.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
That sounds about right with the drive tucked all the way in. You will have a little negative trim. Once you get your trim pump hooked up and set your drive at nuetral trim you should be just right. Lookin good.
thanks jdub. Yeah I would have liked to have the swim platform too, but I don't think it would have worked well on the banana, the beams are over a foot difference.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

You're right I forgot the Banana was 8'. To be honest my wife is the one that wanted the platform anyway
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
You're right I forgot the Banana was 8'. To be honest my wife is the one that wanted the platform anyway
At the transom a Banana is like 7' a Super or Corsa like 6'.
You'll like the platform. It works well when you have to pee...

Hey Chad,
The next time I'm down to see my Dad, I'm calling for a ride...
Old 01-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

You'll like the platform. It works well when you have to pee...

so true...thanks again Pat.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

Any more progress

Quick Reply: Banana 24 restoration progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.