Banana Boat 24 set up >

Banana Boat 24 set up

Notices

Banana Boat 24 set up

Old 10-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by pasta
This year I planed on taking part in the Poker Run Stockholm and therefor I invested for me and my friend the 2 most expensive T-shirts ever.
Had an idea of doing them with a focus on history.
Talked to Charlie and got some logos to use and took the history text from the http://bananaboatco.com/

I think they came out pretty well. Allthough I should have increased the font size on the history text.
Pasta shirts look great. Maybe I can come over next summer and take a ride....you should be up to 100 by then.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26 Spyder
I will say these hulls can run well over their intended speeds from back in the day...
My '82 24' Squadron which is a very similar hull, is in the mid 90s and is awaiting a bigger prop next spring to get my engine off the limiter...
Also going to do a little bottom work this winter to get some rocker out..
It is not a similar hull. It is the same hull. When Don started Squadron he called me up and had me build him a 24 hull out the 24 Cigarette molds he sold me. We built it with a lot of cross supports and ran it down to Florida for him. That hull was the plug he used for the 24 Squadron molds and also he later split it in half and made it into a cat. That was his first experiment in trying that....as we know now he later did the same thing with the big 39 USA cat.

My 24 with twin 400 small blocks ran on it's best day at 88 MPH. So your big motor running 90 is very believable. Nice boat, good luck with it.

Last edited by Top Banana; 10-05-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's a few of my old 24 Banana with twin blown smallblocks, originally "Hells Banana" M666. It handled incredibly well, flew level (had twin tanks, one in the cabin well) and would wind the Nordskog speedo past 90 (way before GPS) It was built like a tank with a huge center stringer. Beat that thing off the coast of Gloucester MA for several years. Bought it as a project back in '89, re-rigged it, blew up countless motors/countless late nights in the driveway pulling engines only to blow it up again on the weekend... Learned a LOT back then.. Sold it back in 1995 to a guy from Lake Winnipesaukee. -He still has it!

Last edited by Biggus; 10-06-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Kurt these twin engine boats had about one inch of safety at rest. Theses boats sat so low that you had to keep them in gear to be safe and moving forward all the time.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Kurt these twin engine boats had about one inch of safety at rest. Theses boats sat so low that you had to keep them in gear to be safe and moving forward all the time.
Oh I remember all too well (notice the water line in the top pic!) One morning while running off Newburyport MA, I lost an engine quite a few miles out. While idling back on the other I had a fuel issue and was dead in the water...Fortunately seas were calm but even with the gentle rocking of the rollers, the transom would take "sips" every few.. After a few nervous hours dead in the water, I got towed in by a buddy.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Oh I remember all too well (notice the water line in the top pic!) One morning while running off Newburyport MA, I lost an engine quite a few miles out. While idling back on the other I had a fuel issue and was dead in the water...Fortunately seas were calm but even with the gentle rocking of the rollers, the transom would take "sips" every few.. After a few nervous hours dead in the water, I got towed in by a buddy.
Bacardi race to Bimini, 1977 Modified class racing side by side with Bill Elswick in his 28 Magnum... Evil Ways... We both broke within a mile of each other, it was a rough race and we were about 3/4 of the way to Bimini. Long ride home on one engine with the wind coming off the stern blowing AV gas fumes in our noses. My crew took turns riding on the bow with legs hanging over to give some offsetting weight to the engines. That sealed our friendship for the remainder of our racing careers. Sorry to say he has gone on to his final finish line a few years ago. He and I both moved up to Open class with Top Banana and Long Shot.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

This one was on Lake Huron last year. I just thought someone might like to see it.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great photos Kurt. Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
This one was on Lake Huron last year. I just thought someone might like to see it.
Thanks for posting the photo.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Charlie for your help with t-shirt.
You know you are wellcome any time. Bring the familly and get over here.
Ill set you up with a place to stay and a t-shirt.

Quick Reply: Banana Boat 24 set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.