Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!! >

Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!!

Notices

Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gino,

My son always told me he enjoyed his dealings with you back when he was working at Trick (almost two years ago) Thank goodness he left when he did

I considered Fred a friend as well. it is why I encouraged my son to move to SC and work for Fred

You just never know

I have worked with two other boat type businesses in the past few years ,and the people i worked with I thought were my friends as well. right up until they proved that it wasnt my friendship they wanted but my contacts and knowledge then they started screwing the people I brought to the table as customers

For a while i thought I had a black cloud over me because i wanted to be in the boat industry. And those I hooked my trailer to just put me out in front of the bus
This after 20 years selling parts to the automotive manufacturers

I am back to having my own company (we deal with many industries including boats but not exclusive) and I am much happier

I try to be good to my customers, and if there is a blip on the screen we try to keep communication open in order to have no surprises
None of us are perfect in business, but the blatant screwing of friends and customers just gives all businesses a black eye especially the boating industry

I hope this serves to teach us all a few more lessons, and help us to all move forward with just a little more scrutiny on those we deal with

I also hope this does not ruin it for everyone

There are many great and honorable businesses in the boating industry with many great people involved

I love the sport, and the people involved.
I will not give up on it, I just look more carefully as I move forward dealing with people
Old 12-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Would things have been any different if he would have posted immediately and said "Im in over my head, and I cant give anyone a refund right now"???

Would that be better admitting something went wrong and not being able to do anything about it or just not posting or answering calls?
Yes it would have if he explained that he was going to do what he could to make it right even if it took him a few years.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I read everything and think to myself; "There's no way this could all be true. This is like some kind of poltergiest episode."

I guess I don't have the mental capacity for all this crap....
Old 12-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Here is somthing interesting if you are into deductive reasoning

Call 866-921-4553 Trick Marine Phone

Then call 224-569-2900 Graffrig

Are there any similarities ???

Just an observation
I look at this 2 ways....

Fred has some how sold out to Graffrig and will forget OSO and move on.

Or Fred has "Conned" his way up to the next level in the boat business.

Either way it's not good and OSO and your long friendships are'nt even a blip on the rear view mirror...
Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am Sooo Glad. I don't know Fred and Trick . I purchased a few little things long ago. But. I understand a bit about business. I made poor decisions before, Got stuck and screwed by vendors, subs, lost thousands. All my years I found that an open and honest communication is the key. Not even price. I been in trouble before and through openness and honesty even vendors and other companies helped me out. They were willing to delay their billings or take partial payments for a while. And I helped others when they were in trouble and honest about it. I just got a call from a vendor that I owe him $600+-. (for 4 months) I thought I paid it, I forgot it. I admitted it, he understood and the issue is resolved with no hard feelings. (I know .. small amount) but the principle stand. HONESTY/INTEGRITY goes a long way.
Reading all this “Fred BS”, I have a message for Fred and to some one has communication with him.
FRED needs to come “clean”. Fred needs to say something to all his “friends” and be honest about his situation, no matter how hard or painful it is. His “disappearing act” hurts him a lot more then the $ issues.
Trust…. or lack of , is a lot harder to overcome and to forgive than a financial loss.
I can always forgive but never forget.
My company’s motto: “Quality Construction Services through integrity”. I f’’ed up before, and with open honesty with Subs, supliers, Owners etc. the situation was always resolved. Fred has not learned that the truth can be his best friend. An awful lot of people are very helpful to some one else when the truth is offered, and help is requested.
Fred.. !!!. you need to stand up and be honest. !!! All your OSO friends deserve it, as well as all of your customers.
My $.02

Last edited by PARADOX; 12-08-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:55 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post #27 from Paradox really sums it all up. I would think that if he was in some kind of $$$$ trouble, it would've been better to just explain the situation, and try to make some kind of restitution. Alot better than avoiding the problem.
I guess I just have a hard time believing that someone like him on this board, with all the respect that he has gotten from all of us over the years, would stoop so low and screw all of us over the way he did.

Just a real fk'n shame. Makes you have a hard time believing in anyone these days.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PT-109
This is a picture of Fred & Jamie
I see he has the Mr T starter kit. Who wears that chit today (not including Reggie?)
Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PT-109
This is a picture of Fred & Jamie
Not to get off subject but the person on the left in the red shirt.... I thought was a cross dresser...Chick dressed like a man...

Anyways...
Old 12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those Yahoo spiders find all kinds of stuff

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.