Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!! >

Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!!

Notices

Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me, it turns out he was just another scum bag in the boating industry that ripped people off and thinks he can just walk away after doing so. Let's all just wait and see what he actually gets away with. It's happened so many times before to us, who here hasn't been screwed over by a Marine Industry Business, and it will happen again I'm sure. But 1 thing is for sure, thanks to OSO we can spread the word so He can't pop up under another name and try it again.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If these items were paid for by credit card is there a way to dispute the charges and get your money back?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
If these items were paid for by credit card is there a way to dispute the charges and get your money back?
Yes but that depends on the card provider. If you have waited more then 30 days then your job becomes harder and harder at every passing moment.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=CAP071;2365493 It's happened so many times before to us, who here hasn't been screwed over by a Marine Industry Business, and it will happen again I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

I sure have!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am shocked by all of this.. I have bought quite a few things from him and and he always came through. I infact bought a set of Gibson Mufflers from him showed up fairly quick. Actually right after I bought the mufflers I installed them and lost one after 5 minutes of use (another story for another time my fault) but I called Fred to order another one and he said that he thought that he could get another from Gibson free of charge I was like Ok see what you can do. After about a week I called Fred and he told me that Gibson said NO and told me how much he would charge me (at cost) for another one and I said ok, but when I started to give him my Credit Card info he stopped and said let me talk to them one more time I said are you sure he said yea. This went on for about 2 weeks and I called Fred and said what's up, he said he got Gibson to send another one free of charge!!! Now it did take another two weeks to get to my house, but I did get it and it was Free infact he didn't even charge me shipping. I thought this was something that he didn't have to do and I was very greatful, and this is why I was so shocked to read all of this. I almost feel guilty cause maybe these were the kind of things that made him go out of buisness!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeFormula
I too am shocked by all of this.. I have bought quite a few things from him and and he always came through. I infact bought a set of Gibson Mufflers from him showed up fairly quick. Actually right after I bought the mufflers I installed them and lost one after 5 minutes of use (another story for another time my fault) but I called Fred to order another one and he said that he thought that he could get another from Gibson free of charge I was like Ok see what you can do. After about a week I called Fred and he told me that Gibson said NO and told me how much he would charge me (at cost) for another one and I said ok, but when I started to give him my Credit Card info he stopped and said let me talk to them one more time I said are you sure he said yea. This went on for about 2 weeks and I called Fred and said what's up, he said he got Gibson to send another one free of charge!!! Now it did take another two weeks to get to my house, but I did get it and it was Free infact he didn't even charge me shipping. I thought this was something that he didn't have to do and I was very greatful, and this is why I was so shocked to read all of this. I almost feel guilty cause maybe these were the kind of things that made him go out of buisness!!!!
Or the muffler he sent you belonged to another paying customer that never got what he payed for...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Maybe Fred should change his last name to "ponzi". Oh... Norty, you really know how to rub people's noses in the poop!... too funny!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I too, have made several purchases from Fred. I had one small issue with a pop-up cleat that I had bought . It wasn't machined properly. I told Fred about it when I met him at the Miami boat show last February. he was very cordial about it and told me to contact him after the show He replaced it, no problems. It's sad to see all this happening.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

I am sad to hear about all this, but if I hear one more time that Joy is hot, I'm going to hurl. If you look at her myspace, she has the face of a bulldog.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
Joy is hot, I'm going to hurl. If you look at her myspace, she has the face of a bulldog.
And what you've never done a BULLDOG LOL , i heard Joy was all the assets that are left and your credit can be worked off LMAO

Quick Reply: Fred Cecil Trick Marine Chershaw Sc Bad Deal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.