Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Jeeze I am being sucked in again because a post is addressed to me, if I did not have some PM's I would have been off here by now. Rob everything you have posted I have read, the only question I still had, which I stated numerous times in previous posts was what happend to the cash at the party, according to some PM's and some phone calls that was a situation that had fallen through the cracks until I brought it up yesterday. It appears at this time there is no documentation on where the cash went. Chris says (through PM's) that he did not take the money but put Brian's cash in the jar. Alec says he sent a personal check to Platinum after the party who supports M A W, however at the time he was supporting SOS so his threads indicated that the check was from the party. I don't think there was much cash and it is hard to trace how much money was thrown into a jar, especially at this point. I am in no way condoning how this was handled just stating what was told to me or posted. At this point I have no more questions, but thank you for asking
Sure thing I had already left the site when kw was going on but after reading your post I made some calls as well, it seems its around 700 bucks. As for Chris, if his lips are moving and his fingers are typing 99.99% of what is coming out is a lie.
Please take a minute to realise that he has wormed his way into many a good peoples lives by saying he knows them and is their friend, he is a cancer and the only way to stop it is to totally remove it, or to stop associating with him, and that includes his site.
I'm not telling anyone what to think or do, but in my opinion, by even posting and putting content on that site, it validates his pathetic life and his lies and thievery. the question arises for anyone that adds content, at what point when he speaks can you honestly say you wonder whether it is a lie? For those that add content, you know that he is a pathological liar, how will you feel for the guy coming up that when Chris uses his relationship with you to gain a persons confidence and then rip them off? how liable are you(anyone) in the lies?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris says (through PM's) that he did not take the money but put Brian's cash in the jar.

Craig and Brian say different.

The truth is lost forever.

Thank you for receiving Chris's position.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
It takes a special kind of person to admit that she is ignorant about a topic, too lazy to research it, yet opinionated as all get out. No offense but I could tell by your second post on this topic that a train wreck was about to occur and dammed if you didn't take this thread right off the tracks.
+1, she wants to defend chris, but doesn't want to read.

Heres a news flash Ms Patriyacht. If he would of donated the money then he never would of needed to alter a bank document, would he?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Craig, I am really getting tired of this assault on me, first off are you are so blinded by your anger against CS that you think my questions are in defense of him, you are acting like I am the bad guy here. For what? asking a question, since the answers all seem to be in your favor you should be happy I asked not belittle me for it. Are you forgetting it was because of you, Ted, Nick, and Alec that many of us got sucked into SOS, in fact some of us were even bullied into becoming active members there. You also state that he is my friend where did you get that impression. He was however your friend, never mine. I can appreciate and feel for you that you got taken, but step back a moment and realize I am not your enemy here. So instead of bullying me because I ask a few questions you should apologize (and maybe you have) that you and some of the others must have known by December that the money, as you claim, never made it to the charity but Alec made up the difference, yet for some reason you and the others continued along contributing to the facade.
I have read a lot of the posts, not all, but enough, I still have not seen a mention about the cash donated at the party until I brought it up today, several posts ago.

If the boyz that helped start SOS are tired of being asked questions then they should either not start or contribute to the threads. However it seems fine and dandy when they are the ones pointing fingers and making jabs, but boy it sure turns ugly if you dare to ask a question or voice an opinion. If you look at this thread it would have died out before page two but the past "core" members are the ones that kept fueling it. I feel their pain and agree with most of their message, but their pit bull method of delivery has left me with a short fuse. They were gung ho about a new web site, I went along reluctantly, as many others did. Now they are back here airing out all their dirty secrets, well bully for them, to bad it took so long, and now those of us that made friends along the way seem to be expected to apologize for it.
Donna,
First off, I answered your questions to the best of my ability, but felt that you either didn't read them or didn't believe what I was saying because you kept asking them. I gave you all of the info that I could. Second (as I posted) I can't log on to SOS and therefore can't provide you with a link to a thread over there. Many threads have disappeared from the site and there is only one person still there that can do that. Since your post is full of the SOS rebuttal talking points that everyone has already heard, I just don't get what you are after.

I don't have anger towards cs and SOS, I have a deep feeling of embarrassment for being naive and supporting what went on there. My love of boating remains, my involvement on boating forums is greatly diminished. I do appreciate the good friends that I have gained in the last 10 years.

I'm sorry that you felt that I was attacking you, but as I have already said, I could care a less if you continue to go to SOS. It just doesn't matter to me. I have no problem with you. I stated that I handed the money from the bucket that I collected at the party to chris sunkin and Brian (Sydwayz)stated that he handed chris sunkin a hundred dollar bill and watched him put it in his wallet, so who you believe is completely up to you.

Enough information is out there for people to make their own decision about the credibility of the owner and sole proprietor of SOS. It's a free country, go to whatever website that you want to.

I have a question for you. When did you meet cs? ....and have you ever seen him on one of his boats?

I've known you for a long time, please at least do me the courtesy of going back and reading my posts on this thread. That's all that I have to say about it. I'm done.

Last edited by OldSchool; 05-25-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
Where did all the "donation" money go when SOS was first started? When he gave out supporter status etc etc
Good question. I'm one of many that paid to help support the site. Hopefully those funds went into a site account that was overseen by the board and not just CS.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Good question. I'm one of many that paid to help support the site. Hopefully those funds went into a site account that was overseen by the board and not just CS.
The board was not involved in any financial operations .

It was simply a group of volunteers that spent their efforts on moderating, creating enthusiasm and aiding in picking and choosing the topics and features on the site that would best entertain the members ( ie. parties, contests, photography section, attendance at events etc. )
Some individuals lived on that site while moderating.

Chris Sunkins injection of $ 120k for software and 30k for the classifieds was all his money. So was the $ 3800.00/month to keep the site up.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
For those that add content, you know that he is a pathological liar, how will you feel for the guy coming up that when Chris uses his relationship with you to gain a persons confidence and then rip them off? how liable are you(anyone) in the lies?
Here's my position as of today... This is my first and last post on the subject.

I will not publicly inject my opinions about the details pertaining to the subject at hand, nor will I answer any questions about it on this or any other forum since I feel it's not my place to say.

However; I do feel comfortable adding, which can be verified by reviewing my post history on SOS, is how I've stopped providing content on SOS roughly two months ago.

With that being said... Enjoy the summer and I hope to see everyone on the water sometime soon!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Well, myself and Ted have both posted that we collected money at the party. There was one other person who collected money and that was Nick. I talked with Nick today and he was selling the T-Shirts that Alec bought. He probably sold a dozen or so @ $15 each. Your friend sunkin got that cash as well.

There was ONE person who left the party with the money that was donated and his name is chris sunkin. He gave none of that money to Alec. Alec wrote a check for $1000 to the charity.

What else would you like to know Donna??????

..and for the record, I could give two chits if you or anyone else likes chris sunkin or SOS, but don't forget that I dedicated 18 months of my life to help build that site. If you think that Ted, Nick, myself or Alec or any of the other dozen or so people who helped build SOS and have left because the the owner is a fraud are happy about what went down then you are sadly mistaken.
There was also a crispy $100.00 bill handed to CS while he was standing on the stage at Guy Harvey's immediately after I won the "Boat ride with Mikey" auction as well.

Which leads me to wonder about the money from the other auction winning bids ???????????????????????????????????
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM

I stated that I handed the money from the bucket that I collected at the party to chris sunkin and Brian (Sydwayz)stated that he handed chris sunkin a hundred dollar bill and watched him put it in his wallet, so who you believe is completely up to you.

Craig- that's a total and absolute falsehood. I had nothing to do whatsoever with that particular collection. That was Nick and Erin- they brought the shirts, banner, etc. I didn't even know it was happening. I had a room full of guests to speak with and no time for some impromptu collection. As far as Brian's money- of course I put it in my wallet- so it could be safely conveyed to where it needed to go- and it was.

Here's what I find funny- just a few weeks previous, I sat next to you and Nick and Alec at the Platinum run in Fort Myers. When it came time to pass the hat on the bicycle raffle, Alec says "let's get a hundred from everyone at the table" I said OK. After a 5 minute circle of the table, he came back empty handed with a disgusted look and some unkind words. He and I then split a $1,000. donation on behalf of the table and in your names. Not "for" you but because we wanted to. But is that the behavior of a guy that would swipe a donation or a beer bucket full of dollar bills- in plain sight of everyone? You want to paint this picture of a guy that steals from a collection plate. But every time someone is passing the hat, I've been there- usually first and usually with one of the larger donations.

Back to the bucket... It goes further- You all saw me shortly thereafter in Miami. If there was any issue with the proceeds of that or any other collection, you all had every opportunity to make a casual mention of it. It's just now that you suddenly remember it. Suddenly, after all the rest of the trash you've fabricated is wearing thin. Had this been a real issue, you guys would have had this one at the top of your list when you made the move to take over the website. Do you really expect anyone to believe that with all of you so fully absorbed with this that you didn't remember? Come on.

In the end, this is nothing more than a vendetta. We set out to build that site for us. I wasn't the guy with the crazy push to commercialization. Remember the conversation a few weeks prior to the takeover attempt? You said "You act like you don't even want the money- people are ready to hand it to us". Doesn't that conflict a bit with the picture you and your pals have been painting lately?

Fortunately, we still have a dozen or so Board members and mods that still believe in the original vision- a fun, no-nonsense place where people can enjoy themselves. I suppoise these threads are the ultimate validator of our original premise. We'd have never allowed this to happen.

Now everyone can be treated to some funny Jayboat caricatures, Nort can put a silly picture of me in his avatar and everyone we banned from the site can join together and scream LIAR LIAR!!!. You guys can go back to harassing people that visit the site. You can make phone calls to people in the industry. You can bribe and coerce whoever you like. We'll be happily enjoying what it is we're doing with our friends. And this can continue to be your all-consuming passion.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donna,
First off, I answered your questions to the best of my ability, but felt that you either didn't read them or didn't believe what I was saying because you kept asking them. I gave you all of the info that I could. Second (as I posted) I can't log on to SOS and therefore can't provide you with a link to a thread over there. [COLOR="Magenta"]Craig this statement proves that one does not always understand posts correctly, I never asked for links to threads on SOS, since everyone kept telling me I should read more of the threads on here I did look at more, no matter what I looked at I never saw the cash donations at the party talked about, so I asked you or whoever to point those out. And as since been pointed out there were none until I brought it up[/COLOR].
Many threads have disappeared from the site and there is only one person still there that can do that. Since your post is full of the SOS rebuttal talking points that everyone has already heard, I just don't get what you are after.

I don't have anger towards cs and SOS, I have a deep feeling of embarrassment for being naive and supporting what went on there. My love of boating remains, my involvement on boating forums is greatly diminished. I do appreciate the good friends that I have gained in the last 10 years.

I'm sorry that you felt that I was attacking you, but as I have already said, I could care a less if you continue to go to SOS. It just doesn't matter to me. I have no problem with you. I stated that I handed the money from the bucket that I collected at the party to chris sunkin and Brian (Sydwayz)stated that he handed chris sunkin a hundred dollar bill and watched him put it in his wallet, so who you believe is completely up to you.

Enough information is out there for people to make their own decision about the credibility of the owner and sole proprietor of SOS. It's a free country, go to whatever website that you want to.

I have a question for you. When did you meet cs? ....and have you ever seen him on one of his boats? Craig I now must ask if you read my second post on the topic, the one that pissed people off and has everyone accusing me of taking sides with Chris. You must have missed the comment about me being at many lake Erie events and never seeing him in a boat, I thought I stated that pretty clearly. I ans to the other question I met Chris three times, the first I did not remember, apparantly I met him on the dock two years ago at Kelly's island, the next time was at the drawing at Kelly's Island, and the third in Key West 2010.

I've known you for a long time, please at least do me the courtesy of going back and reading my posts on this thread I suggest you do the same because it seems like you might have miss understood or not read some of my comments, I could be wrong but I was not the first to get sarcastic. That's all that I have to say about it. I'm done.
I started to type a post yesterday that I have always liked you Craig but feel bad because you have tried to make me look foolish for trying to remain neutral and support and remain friends with people I boat with that have done nothing to me personaly. But further posts got me sidetracked, you might not have realized it was received on my end like a personal attack but it was.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-25-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.