Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Sunkin Ejection Stories >

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Notices

Sunkin Ejection Stories

Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I definitely was not on at that time. I was on earlier in the morning to delete my avatar and personal info as I will no longer support or frequent the site.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I definitely was not on at that time. I was on earlier in the morning to delete my avatar and personal info as I will no longer support or frequent the site.
Same here. Online WAY earlier to check out the active users deal.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

I think its a pretty safe assessment that OSO gets 100X more traffic. OSO has 45,000 members. When you search for technical topics or boat topics, OSO shows up - no one else.

Also, SOS doesn't allow you to read threads unless your registered, which is just a creative way to boost and artificially inflate membership. OSO is 45,000 members strong, but if you count the non-registered lurkers, as SOS does, I would venture to say more like 100,000+. SOS says their membership is around 4,000, which I also doubt.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

95 south I was not on line after 9
Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

sooooooo, being as all this came from lies and deceit. Wouldnt this be a false representation to potential advertisers aka lying and decieving, or deceptive business practice...jus' sayin
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
sooooooo, being as all this came from lies and deceit. Wouldnt this be a false representation to potential advertisers aka lying and decieving, or deceptive business practice...jus' sayin
Naw, it's a value added feature. SOS is where you go to just hang out and have a good time. Your screen name gets to hang out long after you've left the site, increasing your overall good time.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
Naw, it's a value added feature. SOS is where you go to just hang out and have a good time. Your screen name gets to hang out long after you've left the site, increasing your overall good time.
If you are not already, you should be in Marketing!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is probably a safe assumption that some of those are registered, never post, maybe visited once or twice, but got that "update" email and logged in to see what the PM was about. More inflation via PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Strange...I was on this AM but I am not on that list...
Whatever that means
Old 05-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

im just blown away by the fact that this Chris wouldn’t come on here and confess, by lying and not admitting to certain things that are proven to be lies, it kills his credibility. I for one would probably still be going on SOS site had i just heard the following

"hey guys, im sorry, i lived vicariously through my key board, telling stories i heard throughout the yrs from my race friends, or other boating buddies as though it was me. telling you all these stories gave me clout, it gave me power and credibility and more than that it gave me confidence and made me feel good... i embellished and told some tales that weren’t true of my boating past, career, and boats ive owned... it was stupid, immature and just a lala land i wished i lived in of a guy i was able to portray on the internet.... the real me is middle class, owner of a few project boats, with probably only 10% of the real life history, knowledge and boats owned that i portrayed... sorry for getting carried away. This doesn’t take away any of my love, passion or desire of the sport, it was just a low point for me getting carried away trying to impress you all with a life I was not, xxoo CS"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.