Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts??? >

Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Notices

Buy a boat from Marine Tech Concepts???

Old 09-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
OH Christ! here we go again with the assumptions.

My posts about the BBB dont have anything to do with Jeff Wilson or MTC, I was simply pointing out that the BBB isnt the ironclad authority on bad business practice that many people think it is.

My only connection to Jeff or MTC is that Jeff picked up the lunch tab without being asked, for an entire poker run that I put on a few years back. Thats a pretty deccent gesture if you ask me. If you consider it trying to "save face" then so be it.
Thrill,

That is a great gesture as long as he didn't rip someone off to have the funds to pay for the lunch. We probably should cut him some slack though, it's pretty sad that this thread has been up for nearly 2 months and not one positive thing has been posted.......
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by eyeswideopennow
Be that as it may Thrill.... there was still apparently a VERY unhappy customer that reported them. I'm with BattleCry... if you treat your customers right then there shouldn't be a problem with the BBB. Now, add that to the fact that the first thread I posted mysteriously disappears when negative information was posted against MTC. Then we hear from a guy that was receiving threatening messages in his inbox from MTC and states that his experience with these people was way worse than BAD. And, NO ONE has posted ANY positive buying experiences with them! DUH??!! What would you think???!

Eyeswide,

Not sure how strongly you feel about what you have found, but with the BBB information, the threat to me here on OSO, and the stories that I've heard from a couple of others (not sure if you talked to them or not), I recommend that you change the title of the thread to-- Beware, read before buying from MTC or something like that.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

Hey Scott, what's with the crickets? With friends like you, a person sure doesn't need enemies.......
Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
The advertisers rule these forums by the looks of things....

No but common sense does. We have three pages of nothing except "dont buy from them" .... no reason, no explanation.... If there was a problem then the problem needs to be explained or this thread is going to disappear. I dont know MTC. Never been there. Dont care one way or the other BUT if you are going to say something negative about ANYBODY then either back it up or dont post. Period.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
No but common sense does. We have three pages of nothing except "dont buy from them" .... no reason, no explanation.... If there was a problem then the problem needs to be explained or this thread is going to disappear. I dont know MTC. Never been there. Dont care one way or the other BUT if you are going to say something negative about ANYBODY then either back it up or dont post. Period.
Why am I not surprised to see this....

Racegirl, Remember this threatening e-mail sent here on OSO on the first page of this thread????

I am going to remind you again that my attorney is monitoring your threads on the site. If need be, we will be contacting eyeswideopennow and get the specific detail on your conversation. You need to be very careful. I am fully prepared to pursue civil charges for defamation if this continues.

This is not Jeff Wison responding to you; this is the owner of the company.

Your cooperation is appreciated.[/quote]

This is exactly what other people are dealing with. Leave the thread alone until people can determine exactly what to say without these a$$ wipes threatening so sue again.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Why am I not surprised to see this....

That tells us NOTHING. We dont know who sent it. Why they sent it or if anybody really did. We dont know you any more than we know MTC. Maybe you get upset when they dont call you back for 1/2 a day or maybe you get mad when they wont deliver your purchase from Ohio to wherever for free or maybe you just didnt like the color of their building. Point is WE DONT KNOW what the problem was.

I think I'll start a thread and say .... something like ......"TCBoss did something bad to me so dont be nice to him" Kinda the same thing dont ya think?

I dont get why some guys dont get that a thread with a vague "they made me unhappy" gets people frustrated. Either explain the problem or dont post. Simple.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered

That tells us NOTHING. We dont know who sent it. Why they sent it or if anybody really did. We dont know you any more than we know MTC. Maybe you get upset when they dont call you back for 1/2 a day or maybe you get mad when they wont deliver your purchase from Ohio to wherever for free or maybe you just didnt like the color of their building. Point is WE DONT KNOW what the problem was.

I think I'll start a thread and say .... something like ......"TCBoss did something bad to me so dont be nice to him" Kinda the same thing dont ya think?

I dont get why some guys dont get that a thread with a vague "they made me unhappy" gets people frustrated. Either explain the problem or dont post. Simple.
WTF, Did I start this thread??? No, someone inquired about whether or not to do business with MTC or not. I simply replied that they should make damn sure they get a survey if they are buying from Jeff Wilson and left my phone number if they (eyeswide) wanted to here my experience. The next thing I know, I get a chitty PM from MTC. If I started the thread, I could see your point, but I didn't. With that said, Eyeswide was not the only person that called me and I think the people that had the problems will post them eventually.

I suggest you reread the thread to understand who started it and why.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I suggest you reread the thread to understand who started it and why.
Youre right. I shouldnt start a thread ... I should just post that you are a bad guy on a thread and dont explain it to anybody who asks. Big difference
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

Youre right. I shouldnt start a thread ... I should just post that you are a bad guy on a thread and dont explain it to anybody who asks. Big difference
Is there a way to mark a thread as a waste of time? That is five minutes of my life I will never get back.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by joew.
Is there a way to mark a thread as a waste of time? That is five minutes of my life I will never get back.

LOL - This one is gonna disappear unless somebody actually posts something relevant

Going once ......

Going twice .......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.