How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ? >

How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ?

Notices

How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ?

Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Truth is a matter of opinion. People are free to read the thread and make their own decisions based on what was posted by both parties..
truth is a matter of opinion??
Old 12-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
IMO, creating a "bad customer" section is a bad idea and completely unprofessional.
I agree 100%

I am sure there are plenty of customers that some business do not like to deal with and other business love them,,,,

just as I am sure some costumers do not like certain business while other customers can not say enough good things about,,,

all you could do is deal with it case by case and move on I guess..
Old 12-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

NONE of us know the FACTS unless we were there and saw it with our own eyes.

EITHER side of that story could be true

Brian, You are losing customers fast with your posts on here.......

Dave W is a great engine builder, but he is not perfect. There are many people with complaints about him. That's normal in business.

THERES NOTHING WRONG with someone warning fellow OSO members to protect themselves from a builder. Saber did not BASH anyone.
The only thing that went wrong on OSO is that the users are blowing the thread out of proportion. Saber has brought up a good point that us customers need to protect ourselves from shops that could hold our valuables hostage for possible incorrect charges. That's what estimates and signatures are for. Shame on Dave W for being too overbooked and lazy to use this technique.

Just to clarify, I don't believe Saber or myself are saying that nobody should go to Dave W, just that you are protected and that you have clear communication when you are dealing with him.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
truth is a matter of opinion??
To clarify......its a matter of opinion when you are not there and only read about what happened from different perspectives.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore312
What ever happened to developing and MAINTAINING a SCHEDULE? I deal with VERY demanding clients, and when we set a schedule for a project it is clearly defined that a lack of response or action on their part may delay the schedule & add cost to the project. At that point, they own the delay & the cost of getting "back on schedule." While I'm not an engine builder or boat builder, most projects that I run are $1-$25 million. Many of those projects are food or medical projects that have no room for delays. The clients that I deal with understand "cause & effect" as in the lack of response from said client may "cause" delays that require extra forces or shifts, and the effect will be increased cost to complete the project on time. I don't see why the same methods can't be utilized in engine building or boat building. As in, "Mr Customer, this is our schedule. This schedule is BOTH of our responsibilities to maintain. If I need your approval to proceed, you have XX hours to respond before I am forced to move to the next project in line. If you choose not to respond, and your work has to be rescheduled, then we will do so but please be advised that the initial schedule is null & void due to your prior lack of response."
It's the way business should be conducted...it's called communication.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Griff I meant to add your quote to this post that a bad customer section was bad business. I like the Idea
So you think it's alright for a customer that had a bad experience at a shop to come on here and bad mouth them. And they do ....But the business shouldn't have a right to know who the deadbeats are.
I'm trying to get the fairness in that. People can draw their own conclusion as to what they THINK happened after reading the thread.If the Deadbeat has a comment or excuse he has the right to post There are a lot of people in this broke country trying to get over on who they can,every chance they get .Do you think sabre should have just been able to pick up his motors, no charge.......NOT

Last edited by motor; 12-17-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

Brian, You are losing customers fast with your posts on here.......
Really?? I am one of Brian's customers and he is one of the best in the business!! And I applaud him for sticking up for his well known competitors on the west side of the state!! He could of said bring your engines to me. Instead he decided to help out a competitor that he knows does good work and has a very good reputation. That is a great businessman! I live in VA now and when I build my next engine I will load it in my truck and drive back to MI to have Brian tune it on his dyno.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I believe the Truth lies somewhere in the middle. when ever the stories are 180 degrees apart something usually smells!! BUT I have been on the front lines of customer satisfaction my entire career, and I found that from the business side you NEVER yell at any customer, I have had "bad customers" that I would walk away from and tell them that we will work the situation out when they are ready to talk like and adult. 95% of the time an equitable solution was found and those customers actually became my most loyal and trusting clients. the other 5% I would give them what they wanted and more just to show them how foolish they looked and kindly/respectfully asked them to find another vendor. Most of them returned again with a new respect for my team. Moral NEVER yell at a customer. Only my opinion. Respectfully....
Old 12-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by motor
Griff I meant to add your quote to this post that a bad customer section was bad business. I like the Idea
So you think it's alright for a customer that had a bad experience at a shop to come on here and bad mouth them. And they do ....But the business shouldn't have a right to know who the deadbeats are.
I'm trying to get the fairness in that. People can draw their own conclusion as to what they THINK happened after reading the thread.If the Deadbeat has a comment or excuse he has the right to post There are a lot of people in this broke country trying to get over on who they can,every chance they get .Do you think sabre should have just been able to pick up his motors, no charge.......NOT
I dont think sabre want it for free,,,,I think he was asking if $400.00 was fair...

I think he should have paid what he oked and signed on the repair order,,,unless he gave him a open check book authorization..

I do not know either one and I was not there so only they know what was oked..

Last edited by boatnt; 12-17-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, never yell at a customer ...But the shop owner did say it was the first time he had run anyone off. Would you have been happy with a customer yelling at your relatives ..How about a customer demanding to an employee to "give me my stuff" with no offer of pay .I think you can give a business owner, or a customer for that matter one pass. Two.. maybe ,maybe not. Anyone can have a bad day..If it starts to be the trend then it is what it is.I've been on both sides of this more than once and the older I get the more "tempered" I have become .Makes a better point to just walk away.....IMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.