How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ? >

How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ?

Notices

How about a BAD CUSTOMER section ?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I dont think sabre want it for free,,,,I think he was asking if $400.00 was fair...

I think he should have paid what he oked and signed on the repair order,,,unless he gave him a open check book authorization..

I do not know either one and I was not there so only they know what was oked..
If you read sabres first post he DID state he was going to collect the parts through the winter .Easier to pay for is what he said .That doesn't make a boat shop owner stand at attention. Just sounds like another cheap ass day dreaming
Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

400 is fair in my book .The time spent on teardown isn't just the time of pulling the parts .Starts when tools start coming out and ends when tools are wiped down and put up. Engine (didn't want to say motor" doesn't just jump off floor onto engine stand either.
Hell KID would have lightened him up for 2000 which is totally out of line
Old 12-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be kinda neat but we have customers you can never satisfy but they always come back. Question is do you want some of them back or post them on here etc.etc I had a guy who is on here that painted his outdrives with Berliner like crap and wanted us to fix and paint them. He welded on some nose cone contraption that looked like a blind man did it but hey his son is the best welder in the world. Everyday he came by telling me how to do it and don't paint the studs etc,etc, originally he wanted to just paint them but the work was so bad I wouldn't so we started making nice. Low and behold the next day here he is again. I ordered the imron and was a day away from etch prime and prep and here he is again wanting the paint to stick and not peel but not wanting us to tear the gimbles down and other stuff. Finally just blew up and sent him down the road and charged him 250 for a 1100 of work so far. I just learn my lesson and moved on. The thing I'm trying to say is eventually they will forget about you or need you again and I just charge accordingly or do you post them on here and forever more they run your name in the ground. Some of them you want to beat with a crowbar and some you just take the bull crap and move on! It sucks and I've had to have my tongue glued and stitched a few times back on.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has been a lot of typing going on here and still no answers to my 3 very straight forward questions:

If the short blocks where or where not out of his boat- how does that affect the amount of time needed to disassemble and assess?

When the blocks where accepted was there a time frame discussed?

Saber28 stated he called at one point and told the "next week". Do you confirm or deny this?

So...time to speculate.

No I don't think the time frame to disassemble and asses a short block is affected by if the motors where out of a customers boat or if conjured up by Gypsy magic. Anyone disagree??

I would guess that a time frame was discussed and I am confident that the customer was not told the blocks might be looked at in the next three or four months. There are shops where holding a customer's property hostage has become common practice. This is sometimes intentional and is sometimes caused by mismanagement of resources. Either way- Shame on them.

Finally yes I do believe that after an unreasonable time waiting, Saber called and was told "next week". I don't believe the blocks were ready that next week. You can push some customers farther than others.

Saber asked "should I pay". Maybe the question should have been "Should I pay full price after my property was held hostage?"

Each party involved here is trying to portray themselves as the victim. Looks like just like in real life they both were wrong and right.

No one has the right to hold someone's property hostage just to get a job.

The customer needs to understand that yelling at and intimidating an employee or owner is unacceptable. Any human being that's worth anything will defend themselves, their employees, and especially their family when attacked either physically or verbally. Any chance for an amicable solution has now gone out the window.

The only good that can come out of these two threads now is the rest of us can learn from others mistakes.

If you take on a job- be honest upfront about the time and cost involved.

No matter how upset you get over a situation understand that losing your self control is only going to make it worse.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

In this arena (Forum) it is a fine balancing act how you treat a (special Needs customer) I'm glad I have retired from the circus! I'm done with this horse beat him to death.... Time to check the classifieds for a big Skater!!

Last edited by abones; 12-17-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how people start a chit stirring thread and you don't hear from him anymore lol...
Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i could be wrong but didnt this thread get removed last night .its over lets move on people
i suggest the op shut this one down .talk about beating a dead horse

MERRY CHRISTMAS oh thats right we can't sat that anymore either . HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Saber never mentioned the business but simply asked if the charge was fair.. why he got so beat up does not make sense to me.
I`m not surprised he`s not chiming in anymore.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
If you read sabres first post he DID state he was going to collect the parts through the winter .Easier to pay for is what he said .That doesn't make a boat shop owner stand at attention. Just sounds like another cheap ass day dreaming
So those of us who have to spend months or years saving money for upgrades, or buy our parts as we can afford them, should just keep our mouths shut and get our work done when the builder feels like it or when the high rollers stuff is taken care of? Pretty arrogant attitude IMO. As long as a price is negotiated and the customer pays his stuff should get done in a timely fashion.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
Griff I meant to add your quote to this post that a bad customer section was bad business. I like the Idea
So you think it's alright for a customer that had a bad experience at a shop to come on here and bad mouth them. And they do ....But the business shouldn't have a right to know who the deadbeats are.
I'm trying to get the fairness in that. People can draw their own conclusion as to what they THINK happened after reading the thread.If the Deadbeat has a comment or excuse he has the right to post There are a lot of people in this broke country trying to get over on who they can,every chance they get .Do you think sabre should have just been able to pick up his motors, no charge.......NOT
You seem to think that you know what I think when in reality you have no idea.

I said it was unprofessional. I never said anything remotely like what you are implying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.