Notices

Beware endeavour32

Old 09-17-2017, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
It's got nothing to do with principles any more, it's sheer pig-headedness.
DO YOU REALLY SEE IT THAT WAY?if you do maybe you need to get the eyes checked!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
DO YOU REALLY SEE IT THAT WAY?if you do maybe you need to get the eyes checked!
Just having some fun but to a degree, yes.
The argument has weighed heavily against endeavour32 which may cost him future business. 90viper on the other hand is significantly out of pocket and stuck with something he doesn't want.

They've both had plenty of opportunity to pay the shipping (right or wrong) and clear one's name (E32) or recoup most of the loss (90V) but their principles won't let them. Someone should 'man-up' and end the fight. PHRAGLE, little bit toungue in cheek, offered to do it but nobody agreed so I guess endeavor 32 is stuck with a bad rap on OSO and 90viper is stuck with the old carby..

In my mind, that's pig headedness.

RR
Old 09-18-2017, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Once again here guys, this carb was used for one season, it's the current model, there was nothing wrong with it, unless something happened in shipping. Which nothing was ever mentioned until this post started. What most of you fail to remember is I, OFFERED A REFUND! I also shipped this to him on my dime. Viper90 obviously doesn't like paying for shipping because he wouldn't pay for it when he bought the carb ether.

Why don't a few of you call Holley. This carb is obviously a 2008 after dealing with all the BS on it. Like I said before, there was a '99 SC900 for sale and it had the raised lip dominators on it, without the changeable air bleeds. That only leaves the carb to be a 2008, which when I got it I was told it was a year old. When I called Holley to confirm what Viper 90 told me, of which, none of it was true. I was told from the tech, after I gave him the model number, that it was 100% current. I even asked if I could run it on a twin carb application, next to a new one. The guy chuckled and said "yes".

This carb was not found on the bottom of the lake and sold as excellent condition, was the picture posted of a different carb? NO, did it need to be rebuilt, no. In fact, I'm pretty sure when I tore it down and inspected it, I changed all the jets back to stock. All viper had to do was box it up, pay for the shipping and he would have been refunded. However, he did not want to do that. Instead, he wanted to prove his point. Now I've raised he!! over some items in the past. Salt water engines sold as fresh, steering systems missing parts, items just thrown in a box with no packaging. Even with all of that, I've never started a post in the beware section.

As to the heads. When I bought them, I was told that they were just inspected and there was nothing wrong with them. Seller told me the only reason he was selling them is because he wanted larger heads for his new engines. I'm not going to spend the time to find the posts, but if I remember right there was a lengthily write up of his new boat having completely rebuilt engines that lasted 45 minutes before they blew. One of the heads was damaged in the process, of which I had Browoski here in Chicago repair, which was not the set Matt bought. The heads were clearly sold as rebuilt, and not new with little run time, nor was their any mention of how old the actual heads were.

Back to the carb, if Viper had just spent the $15 +/- to ship the carb back he would have been whole. In fact when all this started, I reached out to a couple of OSO friends and got their opinion on what to do in this situation. They all said, he should pay the shipping back. So for all of you saying I should do the right thing, I did! With all of Viper's ranting over this carb he has now ruined it's value. Why would I now, offer to buy it back, after he has gone on and on, in three different posts, on how it's old, outdated, and due to those two things, not worth using. He and his buddy's have made it a point to smear my name, in order to again prove a point. Again, it was used for a season, it's the current model, you paid 65% less than new, and got free shipping, how did I rip him off. I'm at a financial loss as it was on the carb, so there was no financial gain. In the end, he got a good deal, on a nice carb, end of story. If anyone wants to make more out if it than that, then go ahead.

As far as selling stuff on here. LOL, nothing sells on here anymore. The swap shop used to be a busy place, infact this site used to be a busy place, now you can list something and it it will be on the first page for 5 days, like most of this site. This place has gone from from the primary place I sell stuff to the last place I list stuff. I'm not the only one. When was the last time you saw Smokin Gun list something on here? Now I see why, sell enough stuff, and eventually you are going to get someone like Viper. Either way, the time for a refund has LONG past. My last e-mail to him was very clear, return the carb, pull your negative post, and you will be refunded, BUT he had to pay the shipping. Obviously he would rather complain and post; than be out shipping, and have a refund. Since my last e-mail to him, with that offer, there has been no communication. Only garbage posts like this. The choice was his, and he is the one that made it!!!! Make me out to be the bad guy all you want, at this point I could careless.

Last edited by endeavour32; 09-18-2017 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning from abroad RR. For those that know me on here it is not about the money. As I stated before what if this was a big ticket item and could change a persons enjoyment of boating. It started with his emails which I will start posting. You will see why I felt this post on beware necessary
Old 09-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Did you ever think, "I should have asked a few more questions?"

Big ticket items. I've sold a few engines in the past few months, none from traffic on this site I might add. Every person asked smart questions. Was there a leak down test, compression test, serial number, maintenance records. All smart questions. All questions that I then got the answers for. There was no made up or vague answers. On the 600 SCs I had listed here, I quickly corrected the fact that they had new head gaskets after I posted they had not been opened up. I did not, delete the post and repost to hide anything. If you have a question, ask and I will answer, with an accurate or as accurate as I can answer. As a buyer, it is your responsibility to ask smart questions. If the buyer doesn't like that answer, they do not need to purchase the item. It's really that easy. If you were so concerned about the build date, why did you not ask what it was. Why don't you do a quick search on Holley build date. You will quickly find unlimited posts on the subject. Many going nowhere an listing confusing or conflicting information. From your first post about all of this, you also did not know how to read the build date, as you claimed it was a 1988. If you want to keep posting like a drama queen, go head, but posts like this are exactly why all of the big sellers are long gone from this site. Carry on, and I hope your posting makes you feel good!

Last edited by endeavour32; 09-18-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Really??? Your ad said it all ONE YEAR OLD!!! Why would I need to ask anything else!!!! By the way ask DeVinchi or Nickerson. There has been changes since 1988,1998.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a $hitbag position to take E32.

This place is somewhat of a brotherhood. If a fellow boating brother bought something from me and wasn't happy, BECAUSE I MISREPRESENTED THE ITEM, I'd refund the man in full, including the 12 freakin dollars to
ship it. Come to think of it, that goes for any online deal, not just here.

The claim that you are indemnified because you sold something that you were ignorant about the true history / story on, and assumed the guy you bought it from gave you accurate info on it, is BS!

The onus to know what you are selling and represent items accurately is 100% on YOU! It's the buyers responsibility to read your add, trust the description is accurate and pay his bill. He's not responsible to play sleuth and ferret out the real condition and age of the item.

Last edited by vintage chromoly; 09-18-2017 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-18-2017, 07:51 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Make me out to be the bad guy all you want, at this point I could careless.
that just about says it all for me.... a seller who couldn't care less what his customers think of him.....
Old 09-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

e32 has proven that he is not an honest seller,he posts untrue information about items he has for sale and when called out he has all kinds of excuses and blames the buyer to cover his lies,why oso continues to let this guy list items for sale is beyond me.what amazes me even more is why anybody would trust him after his true colors are shining through.the way he handled this situation tells a lot about his charector,or lack of!viper,maybe e32 is right,you should of asked how old the one year old carb is,what a crock of chit.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Once again here guys, this carb was used for one season, it's the current model, there was nothing wrong with it, unless something happened in shipping. Which nothing was ever mentioned until this post started. What most of you fail to remember is I, OFFERED A REFUND! I also shipped this to him on my dime. Viper90 obviously doesn't like paying for shipping because he wouldn't pay for it when he bought the carb ether.

still completely irrelevant. you list the carb as "ONE YEAR OLD" NOT USED ONE YEAR. Which means what you listed it as and what it is are two different things. doesnt matter if its the same as a new one. its not the same as a new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.