Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
BEWARE of Coastal Marine Export Purchases >

BEWARE of Coastal Marine Export Purchases

BEWARE of Coastal Marine Export Purchases

Old 08-28-2019, 09:49 PM
Registered

Default BEWARE of Coastal Marine Export Purchases

I saw an ad for New Mercury Maximus propellers in the classified section of OSO. I ordered a 30 pitch RH Maximus short tube prop. I contacted Mike Wood from Coastal Marine Export and he sent me a picture of the prop and said he had exactly that one in stock. He then sent me a prop with a 32 stamped Hub that had been repitched and restamped (by hand) 30 pitch. I tried it and it doesn't even work close to what a 30 pitch prop should work like. So my question goes out to all of you.. as potential customers.. and OSO... do you think this was a fair deal? I ordered a new 30 pitch prop and received a 32 pitch reworked prop. I contacted Mike Woods and asked for a refund and he refused. Be careful what you order from Coastal Marine Export. You may receive something you didn't order and then not be able to return it 1486.71 dollars later. It doesn't seem ethical to me.

Then he sent documentation to Amex that didn't match mine. His invoice says no returns on propellers on it but the one he sent me does NOT have that printed on it. All I wanted is what I ordered and he told me that he had in stock. I didn't get that. Be careful when deciding on where to send your money..
Old 08-28-2019, 10:17 PM
Registered

Donít worry...I got coníd too last week. Ordered a brand new RH 26 bravo prop. Explained to Mike I needed it overnighted because of an upcoming poker run. Received it only to find dings in the hub. Iíd never expect dings/dents in the hub of a brand new prop. He stated I could return it but it canít be used and has to be in the original box...meaning I canít run the poker run for which I just spent $200 to overnight. Bunch of bullsh!t if you ask me. Now I have to send it out for it to be corrected. Will never do business with CME again. At a minimum they should be paying the re-work associated to make the prop right.

for the record...the prop box when delivered had already been opened, meaning CME knew the condition of the prop before shipping. thereís no defending sending damaged props.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 08-28-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Registered

Hopefully you paid by credit card. You both didn't get what you ordered.

Send Amex pictures of what you received and explain it is not what you ordered. I can't see how you would not get a refund.

Sorry for your troubles. There are many threads (bad) about him. Some even said he removed serial numbers off parts.

Last edited by underpsi68; 08-28-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:26 AM
BUP
Registered

No serial numbers on anything PERIOD that is trackable for Merc. That is fact no matter what anyone thinks. Sorry to say but again its a fact.

I have heard the product is out the back door from the Merc / Mercruiser international shipping warehouse - think about this -- He is not a Merc dealer nor ever was period - He sells below dealer cost so how does anyone put it together logically where he gets his products to sell all over FB and ads all over ??? If you call Merc they will say to you CME who ? Mike W who. Think about that for a min.

You can call Merc and ask plus also complain very LOUDLY how they let this go on everyday ??? . Merc has many complaints about the actions here but fails to do one thing about it - again keep in mind he in not a employee nor a MERC dealer period - so Merc just turns their back about all of it.

Call Merc tell them about your issues very loudly. Let them hear about that a person is selling their product and misrep the buyers.

Last edited by BUP; 08-29-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:28 AM
Registered

Coastal Marine Exports did not send me what I ordered.. they said they had a new stock Mercury Maximus prop in a 30 pitch and sent me a 32 pitch that had been reworked. This was not what I ordered. I don't think this is a very good way to run a business and I want to make sure everyone warned about them.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:40 AM
BUP
Registered

Originally Posted by relaxalot View Post
Coastal Marine Exports did not send me what I ordered.. they said they had a new stock Mercury Maximus prop in a 30 pitch and sent me a 32 pitch that had been reworked. This was not what I ordered. I don't think this is a very good way to run a business and I want to make sure everyone warned about them.
CALL MERC and B i t c h like H e ll. --- Like I said above -- A non dealer, a non Merc employee misrep selling their products everyday. Ask Merc where he is getting the product to peddle all over the webs ? Ask Merc are they under the table all the products to him ?

So he has gone to a new course of selling by restamping props for profit and prob a used prop as well or a new take off ? Unreal
Old 08-29-2019, 12:45 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

This is not the first beware thread about Coastal Marine Export / Mike Wood.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:48 AM
BUP
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1 View Post
Donít worry...I got coníd too last week. Ordered a brand new RH 26 bravo prop. Explained to Mike I needed it overnighted because of an upcoming poker run. Received it only to find dings in the hub. Iíd never expect dings/dents in the hub of a brand new prop. He stated I could return it but it canít be used and has to be in the original box...meaning I canít run the poker run for which I just spent $200 to overnight. Bunch of bullsh!t if you ask me. Now I have to send it out for it to be corrected. Will never do business with CME again. At a minimum they should be paying the re-work associated to make the prop right.

for the record...the prop box when delivered had already been opened, meaning CME knew the condition of the prop before shipping. thereís no defending sending damaged props.
All boxes are opened so anything traceable on Mercs end can not be because it was removed - meaning any stickers - any paperwork and serial numbers when applicable will be gone as you know who removed them before they shipped to your door.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:07 AM
Registered

Maybe Offshore only should reconsider allowing Coastal Marine Export to advertise or at least have a warning that their customers may not recieve what they ordered. ??
Old 08-29-2019, 02:04 AM
Registered

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser