What would you do in my situation. >

What would you do in my situation.

Notices

What would you do in my situation.

Old 11-04-2023, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Here we go.

We are really fixing to find out if they “ are fine “ tear down and mag flux all will be documented per lawyer instructions by a great engine builder near me
Old 11-04-2023, 04:29 PM
Registered

Default .

We are really fixing to find out if they “ are fine “ tear down and mag flux all will be documented per lawyer instructions by a great engine builder near me

Old 11-04-2023, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Don’t take this the wrong way but, a great race car engine builder is not always a great high performance boat engine builder. Do your homework, you’ve been thru enough pain already. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Cms51 (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 07:38 PM
Registered

Default Tear down

Originally Posted by sonicss42
Don’t take this the wrong way but, a great race car engine builder is not always a great high performance boat engine builder. Do your homework, you’ve been thru enough pain already. Good luck.

mostly for tear down and mag flux purposes but I do agree bud!
sonicss42 (11-05-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 07:41 PM
Registered

Default Bright side

Originally Posted by sonicss42
but on the bright side he does build alot of boat engines and was born and raised in Miami back in the “ days “ we will see what happens in the future after tear down etc
sonicss42 (11-05-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 09:33 AM
Registered

Default Engines

Me again. Got the engines torn down by the builder finally this week. That being said

we have a set of Frankenstein’s

heads are mis matched
head gaskets are wrong and mis matched
cams are mis matched
Valves/ seats are/ where not seating properly
mis matched cranks
mis matched pistons
just to name a few things.
they are punched .030 over

Will have photos here tomorrow or so.

luckily no catastrophic damage has been done or can’t be machined out.

luckily they are 4 bolt main blocks lol. I will update the list as I learn and know more.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:08 PM
Registered

Default .

“Left my shop ready to go no issues running fine “

let’s all laugh together

wrong head gaskets and the new intake gaskets that got installed after I sent them back where also completely wrong.

Old 12-26-2023, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe
Me again. Got the engines torn down by the builder finally this week. That being said

we have a set of Frankenstein’s

heads are mis matched
head gaskets are wrong and mis matched
cams are mis matched
Valves/ seats are/ where not seating properly
mis matched cranks
mis matched pistons
just to name a few things.
they are punched .030 over

Will have photos here tomorrow or so.
luckily no catastrophic damage has been done or can’t be machined out.
luckily they are 4 bolt main blocks lol. I will update the list as I learn and know more.

You bought used motors with no warranty. The lawyer is going to charge you whether or not you actually collect a dollar. Unless you can uncover something that implicates the seller of fraud you are going to have a tough time collecting anything but legal bills. You can have all this documentation and then when on the stand the seller can simply say: "He didn't know that, he took the motors on trade and was told they were in great shape."

I think you would get more leverage by outing the seller here and preventing his slimy sales from happening here again.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jupiter Sunsation:
87CigCafe (12-26-2023), articfriends (02-20-2024), Helmwurst (12-27-2023), sonicss42 (12-27-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You bought used motors with no warranty. The lawyer is going to charge you whether or not you actually collect a dollar. Unless you can uncover something that implicates the seller of fraud you are going to have a tough time collecting anything but legal bills. You can have all this documentation and then when on the stand the seller can simply say: "He didn't know that, he took the motors on trade and was told they were in great shape."

I think you would get more leverage by outing the seller here and preventing his slimy sales from happening here again.
See post #19 and 25.
The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
87CigCafe (12-26-2023), tmmii (12-26-2023)
Old 12-26-2023, 03:27 PM
Registered

Default .

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I think you would get more leverage by outing the seller here and preventing his slimy sales from
happening here again.
it’s well outed on here and I am not the only one it seems if you follow through some other “ for sale “posts on here.

that being said I know the lawyer costs money and I’ll probably never see a dime. I understand that but I am one that stays pretty consistent on things and there is enough proof he sold me sh*t and knew it.

the original ad for the engines Is listed in this thread. If I can make it hard for him to ever sell a ham sandwich I’m gonna do just that. We aren’t talking 2-3k here we are talking 16,000 bucks. That’s not an easy lick to take. Even for me anyway.

If he had even made an offer to give me SOME back hell not even half I was cool with it. Now I’m going another route as that ship has sailed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.