Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Notices

Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Old 04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Hello everyone - My first thread start, been lurking for about 9 months making sure I knew what I wanted. Looking to find a nice Cafe, prefer late 80's due to the cabin style, and price point. I am a LONG way from being in the "money is no object" crowd.

I found one that I am interested in and has a blower system on it that I have never seen before. Does anyone have any information on this style of system that is pictured here. I am assuming it goes through an intake of some kind, through the silver box, which looks like it is an intercooler, and then on to the engine from there. Can anyone comment on this system - I am more interested in it's reliability, and any further operating details, than the system's ability to make power.

Thanks a lot - (hopefully I attached the file correctly)

Eric A.
Attached Thumbnails Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system-88492195_6%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also post in the tech section Looks like it is a procharger though do a search
Here is a link to there web page

http://www.procharger.com/marine.shtml
Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Take a look at my buddies. It seems like the boat for you!!

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o11427-en.html
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Procharger with what appears to be the smaller 304 intercooler and blow through the carb "box". PSI is probably 3, could be up to 5. That system isn't designed for any more than that. (I just removed 8 PSI Prochargers from 500EFI's and went back to regular N/A). If setup correctly they run fine but burn a chit-load of fuel. Set-up is key here, and if done incorrectly a motor will not live long.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=fountain40icbm;2090861]Take a look at my buddies. It seems like the boat for you!!

QUOTE]

Yeah I have been eyeing that ad a LOT. Really nice boat, but I saw two things that were "problematic" for me.

One was the newer style interior, and the other was the SC'd engines. I want my first experience in High Performance boats to be a good one and am trying to find a Very reliable package to ensure it is.

Do you know if he has the scoops still on the sunpad? That could be problematic for the Fiance. I noticed in one picture he shows them and in the other he does not?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes he still has the scoops on. They take up no room what so ever. He just went through the motors and they are good to go. Before the freshen the boat ran great. Now it's even better. These are small blowers with 1 carb so they are a very reliable setup. I suggest coming to look at the boat. He may be flexible in price as well. Give him a call, it wouldn't hurt.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

That boat is at my marina and is very clean and in excellent shape. The problem with shopping online is that guys put pics on from 5 -10 years ago and then you show up for a huge disappointment. You have to remember these things are not Volvos driven by soccer moms, you need to look long and hard when buying an older boat. This is the right boat! By the way in your description on year and interior you are probably going to end up with TRS boat and that is not always the best thing for resale.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Why are you against the newer style Cafe interiors (changed in the early 90's)? Just personal preference? When I was searching for a cafe I was looking to NOT buy the older style cockpit/cabin format. The newer style isn't much more than the older. That cooler that is in the newer cabin was the selling point for me!!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Why are you against the newer style Cafe interiors (changed in the early 90's)? Just personal preference? When I was searching for a cafe I was looking to NOT buy the older style cockpit/cabin format. The newer style isn't much more than the older. That cooler that is in the newer cabin was the selling point for me!!
My preference for the older style is not for the price difference. I have a feeling that on MANY occasions we will have some over-indulged friends sleep on the boat and the two couches, while not overly comfortable, will at least provide them SOMEWHERE to crash.

Truthfully - I love the newer cabins, I think they give a much more open feeling, but the ability to sleep 2 more is a strong selling point for us to the older style. In reality, I am pretty torn but with a slight preference for the older.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
My preference for the older style is not for the price difference. I have a feeling that on MANY occasions we will have some over-indulged friends sleep on the boat and the two couches, while not overly comfortable, will at least provide them SOMEWHERE to crash.

Truthfully - I love the newer cabins, I think they give a much more open feeling, but the ability to sleep 2 more is a strong selling point for us to the older style. In reality, I am pretty torn but with a slight preference for the older.
cig's are for hot rodding and wave crushing. hotels are for sleeping. i have never over nighted mine.
todd

Quick Reply: Hopeful first time offshore purchaser - Need info on SC system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.