Gladiater big water ???

Notices

Gladiater big water ???

Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
how bout if i show you my ass.....
AGAIN ?? Thats been seen more times than and exit sign off the highway. Show me you wifes !!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw
I disagree, and I have owned both at the same time. Sitting down is hot, the visibility at speed is not as good, and the hits are transferred right to your spine. I would compensate by pushing with my feet into the foot well and slide my back up into the seat about 6 inches off the seat and let it work like a shock. I have run my Glad in 5-6 footers with lifeline, helmet and a maniac on the sticks.... we hit so hard I got a bloody nose. The big hits were on getting up to speed and coming down from speed, at full tilt it was classic cig.

My gun enjoys a more comfortable and cooler stance, visibility is far better at speed, and the hits are easily absorbed. Given the choice I will take the gun any day over the Glad. The rub rail issue was never a concern.

Brett
Brett, I do agree with you on some points here. The Glad doesnt have the visability that standing in a Gun has. Reading the waves sittind down takes some getting used to. You do get a much better feel for the water sitting and its much easier getting into a rythem or grove while sitting. The question he asked is will the boat handle as good as a Gun, Not will your body handle it the same. You are most likely stating your past history in a Glad from your racing past in which you were forced to run as hard and fast as you possibly could. I am talking about taking the boat and running as good and as fast as the conditions allow. I have run 70+ mph in 3-5' seas on several occations with out a hard hit. I have also pushed my boat past the comfort zone int he same sized seas and got out of the groove and taken some pretty hard hits on my body. Im 44 y/o with a bad knee and a torn up back and Ill take sitting down in the Gladiator MOST anytime over a standup Gun. I will say that if you are in the nastiest of seas and just trying to get from point A to point B a Gun or Tiger would be my 1st choice of travel, but for most pleasure crusing Ill take my Gladiator
Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino
Hows it going, I hope to hear that 540 sing by the house when the ice clears.
You will dino, she was all tuned up on scorpion racing engines dyno.....Those guys are great......Made 700 at 6000 rpm i am real excited for this year.....
Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
you guys are nuts, you cannot compare a glad to a new top gun 39' or even a same yr glad vs top gun 38... a gun will eat a glad up all day,

ive been in both, and i am not sit or stand biased, but the top gun has the glad all day long

p.s. otis you cannot compare your 1993 gun to a 2003 glad with your above "ive owned both" statement.......... although its true that you have owned both, you cant compare a 1993 gun to a 2003 glad, your not comparing apples with apples

Take a seat Jr.

I owned a 94 Gun and own an 02 Gladiator

Mr Tanner has a 98 Gun, which has the same hull as my 94

So when I am giving the man my unbiased opinion on comparing the two rides, I am giving him accurate info that he can relate to. He asks will the Glad handle the 3-5's as good as his Gun....My answer is yes. Is it the exact same ride....NO. Agian, will it handle the waves...YES.

1st hand knowledge. lots of seat time in both
Old 03-24-2008, 08:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
You will dino, she was all tuned up on scorpion racing engines dyno.....Those guys are great......Made 700 at 6000 rpm i am real excited for this year.....
Sounds great!! see ya soon.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
I can't believe you said this and nobody replied. You just love setting yourself up huh Stecz!?
dont make me hurt you tank.....
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by otis311
Take a seat Jr.

I owned a 94 Gun and own an 02 Gladiator

Mr Tanner has a 98 Gun, which has the same hull as my 94

So when I am giving the man my unbiased opinion on comparing the two rides, I am giving him accurate info that he can relate to. He asks will the Glad handle the 3-5's as good as his Gun....My answer is yes. Is it the exact same ride....NO. Agian, will it handle the waves...YES.

1st hand knowledge. lots of seat time in both

his daddy lets him steer the big boat once and a while and now he knows it all.. young punks.....
Old 03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
his daddy lets him steer the big boat once and a while and now he knows it all.. young punks.....
Young punk is right, but you gotta love him !!

He is a Britton ya know !!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i'll young punk ya!! Stecz you better watch your tone, maybe if you are nice Bob or I might let you ride on one of our boats for a poker run, i might even let you steer so you can make a comment on one of your next 125 post per day rants on the Cig Mystique vs Glad forum

Bob next time you are in latham stop by D'amico Engines and light a fire under franky's ass, ive washed the cig twice a week for 2 months now and i still havent dunked it!!

Last edited by Boomer35; 03-24-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

you and paul are breaking my balls, tank wants to have sex with me.. i cant catch a break... theres always tomorrow...

Quick Reply: Gladiater big water ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.