Gladiater big water ???

Notices

Gladiater big water ???

Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The worst part of a Gladiator is the lack of a rub rail. Think of everytime you leave the boat your fenders have to be perfect, particularly if the waterway is busy. I had a buddy that had the boat touched up annually from all the scuffs.
The rub rail on the Top Gun doesn't stick out farther than the crease along the side, so the sides will get the same amount of damage as not having one at all. Same goes for most of the other models.

Bumper it up, grab a table viewing the docks, order a beer, and gaze at the sexy lines of that bad boy.

Last edited by BLee; 03-25-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added
Old 03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Take a seat Jr.

I owned a 94 Gun and own an 02 Gladiator

Mr Tanner has a 98 Gun, which has the same hull as my 94

So when I am giving the man my unbiased opinion on comparing the two rides, I am giving him accurate info that he can relate to. He asks will the Glad handle the 3-5's as good as his Gun....My answer is yes. Is it the exact same ride....NO. Agian, will it handle the waves...YES.

1st hand knowledge. lots of seat time in both
Mr Scanlon-

with all due respect, i still think your wrong!!! as far as your comparing apples with apples. A 94 TG is 14 yrs old today, you cannot compare them to the TG of today, or even of a few yrs ago, they may have the same hull but they are laid up different, different materials are used making them lighter and possibly improving the center of gravity.... not just in the hull, but the seats, the instruments, the cabins, etc........ equipment and rigging has changed,... you owned a TG when a glad wasnt even around, an 03 TG vs your 94 TG are different, even if the hulls were the same.... as well as an 03 TG vs an 03 Glad!!

dont get me wrong, i'd love to have your Cig past, and you definitly know your ****t, i just disagree that we are comparing apples with apples

im certain you are going to have a reply to this proving me wrong, so i am going to go back to what i know best which is drinking and hooking up with fat chicks

Last edited by Boomer35; 03-25-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Scanlon-

jr, do us a favor... will you never again give him this much respect , once you do we all have to do it... dont do it again....
Old 03-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
The rub rail on the Top Gun doesn't stick out farther than the crease along the side, so the sides will get the same amount of damage as not having one at all. Same goes for most of the other models.

Bumper it up, grab a table viewing the docks, order a beer, and gaze at the sexy lines of that bad boy.
BLee,
I don't know about that. If A TopGun is at the dock, it's the rubrail that is up against the pilings, not the paint.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the opportunity to run a Gladiator a lot of years back and thought it was a petty dope ride!. Loved everything about it.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by pm203
BLee,
I don't know about that. If A TopGun is at the dock, it's the rubrail that is up against the pilings, not the paint.
I really mean the middle section. On the 92 and 02 Guns I had, it was just about flush from the rubrail to the crease on the middle cleat, so in dead calm waters it would be fine by about an inch. If the boat was tied up in a rough harbor however, that crease would rub in the middle when a boat wake or wave passed. The back was fine. I had to always make sure the bumpers wouldn't slip to the side or I'd have to have that middle area touched up.

Last edited by BLee; 03-25-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I really mean the middle section. On the 92 and 02 Guns I had, it was just about flush from the rubrail to the crease on the middle cleat, so in dead calm waters it would be fine by about an inch. If the boat was tied up in a rough harbor however, that crease would rub in the middle when a boat wake or wave passed. The back was fine. I had to always make sure the bumpers wouldn't slip to the side or I'd have to have that middle area touched up.
That IS true for anything other than calm water. I was thinking about calm water, like at the gas dock.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

I would agree........
Attached Thumbnails Gladiater big water ???-dsc01319.jpg   Gladiater big water ???-dscn0038.jpg  
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Mr Scanlon-

with all due respect, i still think your wrong!!! as far as your comparing apples with apples. A 94 TG is 14 yrs old today, you cannot compare them to the TG of today, or even of a few yrs ago, they may have the same hull but they are laid up different, different materials are used making them lighter and possibly improving the center of gravity.... not just in the hull, but the seats, the instruments, the cabins, etc........ equipment and rigging has changed,... you owned a TG when a glad wasnt even around, an 03 TG vs your 94 TG are different, even if the hulls were the same.... as well as an 03 TG vs an 03 Glad!!

dont get me wrong, i'd love to have your Cig past, and you definitly know your ****t, i just disagree that we are comparing apples with apples

im certain you are going to have a reply to this proving me wrong, so i am going to go back to what i know best which is drinking and hooking up with fat chicks

Once again Jr, Take a seat...

I dont believe Mr Tanner is trying to compare a 39 Unlimited to a glad. I believe he is asking comparables on his current boat to a Gladiator. I could be wrong here...Its happened once before. If I am wrong, Then I am not able to give an opinion due to the fact I have never been out in a 39' and cant not reasonably compare the ride between the two boats.

And BTW, whats wrong with hooking up with fat chicks
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by otis311
Once again Jr, Take a seat...

I dont believe Mr Tanner is trying to compare a 39 Unlimited to a glad. I believe he is asking comparables on his current boat to a Gladiator. I could be wrong here...Its happened once before. If I am wrong, Then I am not able to give an opinion due to the fact I have never been out in a 39' and cant not reasonably compare the ride between the two boats.

And BTW, whats wrong with hooking up with fat chicks
i think jr needs to feel the wrath of the mob.......

punk kid......

Quick Reply: Gladiater big water ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.