Gladiator reviews >

Gladiator reviews

Notices

Gladiator reviews

Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
This is the cleanest Gladiator available anywhere, bar none. 2004.5 (newer style vents and updates), fresh water and perfect in every respect. Condition wise, it will match any 09 coming out of the factory today!
Is it for sale though?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IM4A2Z
Is it for sale though?
hell ya it is, just watch the owner... hes as mean as a junk yard dog.... ugly as one too.....
Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
This is the cleanest Gladiator available anywhere, bar none. 2004.5 (newer style vents and updates), fresh water and perfect in every respect. Condition wise, it will match any 09 coming out of the factory today!
put a link up you tool.... dont make me hurt you....

put it in your sig line... i gotta teach you everything!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
put a link up you tool.... dont make me hurt you....

put it in your sig line... i gotta teach you everything!!!!
All in good time, my friend. Have patience. Need to take some new photos.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Who would be interested in sayyyy a 20'6" boat that is styled after a gladiator?single engine, 525 to 700 sci power?
Did you ever been find this boat?
Old 08-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the sit down boat just fun to ride
Old 02-29-2024, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
No they are not more prone. Its moron behind the wheel as to why rolls and spins happen. Theres no reason to crank the wheel over at 60, 70 80 mph. Slow down and take your turn. I have about 250hr seat time in the boat and have never felt uneasy in any situation. All Gladiator, T/S, or any boat is prone to anything if not driven correctly.
There is a reason if someone comes out of the blue and cuts you off unexpectedly. That's what happened to one of the Donzi 45ZX's that rolled and sunk. And that aint driver error, except the other driver. I have been in my boat, in the channel and someone just decided to throttle up and cut directly in front of me from outside the channel at a 90 degree angle into it and right in front of me. Complete stupidity but I had to do an evasive maneuver to not hit the A-hole.

The first generation of stepped bottoms manufacturers learned a lot. Wasn't just Cig. Donzi 22ZX and 45ZX are in the mix too.

What manufacturers seemed to do on version 1 of their stepped hulls is simply put steps in their old V bottoms. What happens then is the boat rolls in turns just like the older straight bottom boats. This means the boat rolls to one side of the V, then slides on air/water and there is a definite sideways momentum that builds. This is not a problem.... unless the middle of the V 'catches' during the turn which stops the center middle of the hull from sliding and all that sideways momentum ****s to the top of the boat so it rolls over. If one is lucky it's just eject-o-seat-o. unlucky or too much speed and it rolls/sinks.

On newer stepped bottom hulls you'll see little tweaks to alleviate the roll. When you turn at speed the boat will remain relatively flat versus old straight bottom V's. The feeling is totally different too. Turn at speed and the ass end just kinda shifts from side to side and you are pointing in a new direction versus that dig in and roll we used to get in straight bottoms. Watch the Donzi Miami Vice trailer/promo on youtube
and you can see multiple examples of how little the boats roll and how the rear ends just kinda move around in turns.... that is only when they are moving fast enough to be ventilated. During slow speeds they act just like a regular V, so you get big roll slow.

attached is a pic of my old 28ZX, you can see there are 2 small delta pads on the bottom after each step highlighted in red... at speed it helps keep the boat flat and stops the sharp part of a normal V from catching in a turn.

Old 02-29-2024, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
There is a reason if someone comes out of the blue and cuts you off unexpectedly. That's what happened to one of the Donzi 45ZX's that rolled and sunk. And that aint driver error, except the other driver. I have been in my boat, in the channel and someone just decided to throttle up and cut directly in front of me from outside the channel at a 90 degree angle into it and right in front of me. Complete stupidity but I had to do an evasive maneuver to not hit the A-hole.

The first generation of stepped bottoms manufacturers learned a lot. Wasn't just Cig. Donzi 22ZX and 45ZX are in the mix too.

What manufacturers seemed to do on version 1 of their stepped hulls is simply put steps in their old V bottoms. What happens then is the boat rolls in turns just like the older straight bottom boats. This means the boat rolls to one side of the V, then slides on air/water and there is a definite sideways momentum that builds. This is not a problem.... unless the middle of the V 'catches' during the turn which stops the center middle of the hull from sliding and all that sideways momentum ****s to the top of the boat so it rolls over. If one is lucky it's just eject-o-seat-o. unlucky or too much speed and it rolls/sinks.

On newer stepped bottom hulls you'll see little tweaks to alleviate the roll. When you turn at speed the boat will remain relatively flat versus old straight bottom V's. The feeling is totally different too. Turn at speed and the ass end just kinda shifts from side to side and you are pointing in a new direction versus that dig in and roll we used to get in straight bottoms. Watch the Donzi Miami Vice trailer/promo on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7JO_PlrMeA and you can see multiple examples of how little the boats roll and how the rear ends just kinda move around in turns.... that is only when they are moving fast enough to be ventilated. During slow speeds they act just like a regular V, so you get big roll slow.

attached is a pic of my old 28ZX, you can see there are 2 small delta pads on the bottom after each step highlighted in red... at speed it helps keep the boat flat and stops the sharp part of a normal V from catching in a turn.

Dan should hire you to run R&D for bottom design at Outerlimits!!
The following users liked this post:
jbraun2828 (03-01-2024)