My 20 Cig Project >

My 20 Cig Project

Notices

My 20 Cig Project

Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Daren boats gorgeous, saw it down at Phil's while he was doing mine...and just missed you Friday when you test drove it, I pulled in right after you and Phil couldn't stop talking about the boat
Amazing boat and as always, pictures don't do it justice...the attention to the details are incredible!

Good luck with it and enjoy tearing up lake wini
Jason, thanks very much! Yea, Philly and his crew did an amazing job!! True professionals and fun to work with. Sorry I missed you, hopefully next time we will get a chance to meet. I have followed the work you have had done to your Top Gun and it looks incredible! I hope you enjoy every minute on that beauty!

Daren
Old 08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woooooowwwwwww!! speechless. Congrats on an amazing project
Old 08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW that sure came out nice. Well done.

How does the BH do getting on plane? What G/R and prop pitch are you running?

I notice you have a cav plate pick up for your drive shower. My BH drive never put enough water thru there to keep the drive from turning white. I found running a 6AN tap from the raw water cooling thru the transom to the shower cap made a huge difference in drive temps. It also kept cooling the drive when idling along after a hard run. Never turned a cap white after making that modification. Keep an eye on the drive, they tend to get pretty toasty because they're really isn't anything in the water to transfer heat away from.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great Daren - love the windshield vs. windscreen look, and the paint is a nice balance of cool and classy.

Congrats on a long-time-coming -- one-of-a-kind project, Phil out did himself on this one, as did you!

Mark
Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Guys, thanks for all the very nice comments!

Mark, stop over some time and check the boat out.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
WOW that sure came out nice. Well done.

How does the BH do getting on plane? What G/R and prop pitch are you running?

I notice you have a cav plate pick up for your drive shower. My BH drive never put enough water thru there to keep the drive from turning white. I found running a 6AN tap from the raw water cooling thru the transom to the shower cap made a huge difference in drive temps. It also kept cooling the drive when idling along after a hard run. Never turned a cap white after making that modification. Keep an eye on the drive, they tend to get pretty toasty because they're really isn't anything in the water to transfer heat away from.
Airpacker,

I am running a 1.5:1 Gear Ratio. We tried a set of 29's and it got on plane effortlessly. I was very surprised, but happy. The boat is set up with 380S K-planes which help out. I am going to try a set of 31's when I get it back home.

Philly runs the same type of drive shower setup on his 20 and I don't think he has had a problem. I will keep an eye on it and I appreciate the advice!

Daren
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

That looks incredible!!

This is probably a dumb question, but why still use the BH drive instead of something newer like the Indy, Imco, Konrad etc? I guess i dont know what benefits the BH provides over a single prop drive.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BDiggity
That looks incredible!!

This is probably a dumb question, but why still use the BH drive instead of something newer like the Indy, Imco, Konrad etc? I guess i dont know what benefits the BH provides over a single prop drive.

Thanks!

The dual prop works really well keeping the boat tracking nicely at high speed. The BH with it's surface piercing design runs really well on these smaller high HP boats that run over 80.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Way cool came out awesome!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What an awesome example of what can be done to a Cig 20!!

I would soooo like to be able to do that with mine someday....... just keep dreaming......

Quick Reply: My 20 Cig Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.