Considering Sale need help >

Considering Sale need help

Notices

Considering Sale need help

Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
That's true GRD, but my point was more to what the banks are doing, than what someone would be willing to give/borrow for the boat. To sell your snowmobile you only needed to find someone that had $4K in the bank. It's a lot tougher to find someone with $60K in the bank.
Banks are tightening up on a lot of things these days. You might be right with what they may be willing to lend however there are still a lot of cash buyers out there. Personally I hate dealing with banks. Perhaps an appraisel might help. I have four muscle cars valued at easily over 130k. I would never think to sell either one of them to someone trying to get a loan on a blue book value that probably doesn't even exits.

68 Dodge Charger
69 Mach 1
73 Cuda
73 Z-28

I understand where your coming from also and perhaps just letting the seller know that there may be some obsticals however the boat is simply worth what an individual is willing to pay for it. I also hear you with stating basically is it for sale or do you want to sell it. He may just decide to keep it after looking into it also. Time will tell. If he does so decide to sell it for near book value I sincerely hope he puts me SECOND in line.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful boat. Just something about that style graphics I have always loved. You don't see very many. Allot of people stay away from it because they say it dates the boat but so what it's a classic anyway. When you find a buyer he will have to have a current survey done for insurance. Forget the NADA and go have one done yourself. That way if the numbers are right it will help you sell it and at the same time help the buyer with his bank and insurance company to make the deal go allot smoother. Just make sure it is a very good person that does it and very familiar with Cigarettes. Trust me been there done that with my Mistress.

I'd keep it.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Banks are tightening up on a lot of things these days. You might be right with what they may be willing to lend however there are still a lot of cash buyers out there. Personally I hate dealing with banks. Perhaps an appraisel might help. I have four muscle cars valued at easily over 130k. I would never think to sell either one of them to someone trying to get a loan on a blue book value that probably doesn't even exits.

68 Dodge Charger
69 Mach 1
73 Cuda
73 Z-28

I understand where your coming from also and perhaps just letting the seller know that there may be some obsticals however the boat is simply worth what an individual is willing to pay for it. I also hear you with stating basically is it for sale or do you want to sell it. He may just decide to keep it after looking into it also. Time will tell. If he does so decide to sell it for near book value I sincerely hope he puts me SECOND in line.

You are correct it is for sale but there is no way I would sell it for what NADA says it worth. I was thinking it was worth somewhere in the $55k-$70k range but due to the market closer to $55k . I really dont need to sell it nor want to at all but there is a boat out there that I have always wanted and it has been put on the market and the wife says I have to sell it before I look at the new one. Since she fell for it last time when I bought the cigarette and I told her I would sell the Baja quick which I still have
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

First, sweet looking Cig. I've always liked the flat decks. And I also like the classic paint job. I've been trying to talk a friend of mine into a nice 35' Mistress.

Now the bad news...the market SUCKS! If you want a relatively quick sale, I would personally try to keep it under the 50K mark. Maybe $49,500? I know opinions are like....the cliche, but that's my 2 cents. I'll be looking for it in the classifieds. Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Rockstar I hate to disappoint you but there are currenting at least half a dozen flat decks like yours in the $ 21 to $ 33k range. Half of those are equiped with no 3 drives . If you are looking to get $50 K for your boat i would think it will be on the market for quite some time . TRS flat decks can be had for $ 16 to $ 25 K you either need you adjust your sights or keep your boat. Remember every year you wait your boat is just another year older. I don't mean to offend but that is just the current market. My sense is that market will be like this for at least another year if not longer.

Rick G.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rick G
Rockstar I hate to disappoint you but there are currenting at least half a dozen flat decks like yours in the $ 21 to $ 33k range. Half of those are equiped with no 3 drives . If you are looking to get $50 K for your boat i would think it will be on the market for quite some time . TRS flat decks can be had for $ 16 to $ 25 K you either need you adjust your sights or keep your boat. Remember every year you wait your boat is just another year older. I don't mean to offend but that is just the current market. My sense is that market will be like this for at least another year if not longer.

Rick G.
I think the cheese slid off your cracker buy saying his boat is worth 16-25. Especially when you have your wellcraft priced at 65 reduced from 80.

His boat has New
454's
Trs drives
Gel-coat and Graphics
Interior
gauges, throttles
400 fresh water hours on the hull
60 hours since rebuild

The power is not big but that also means the crap was not run out of it.

Last edited by PURPLE HORNET; 02-09-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rick G

Rick G.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

I just did a search on google. There are some pretty good deals out there. Where were these deals back when I was buying boats every couple of years. Regardless I believe the overall condition of the boat will dictate the selling price.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I just did a search on google. There are some pretty good deals out there. Where were these deals back when I was buying boats every couple of years. Regardless I believe the overall condition of the boat will dictate the selling price.
I agree if its as clean as the pics show and the outstanding shape it should be in with 400 hours of freah water use. The boat should stand tall and sell itself.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

I appreciate all of the nice words and advice!!! I love the boat and really don’t want to get rid of it and it looks like the boat I have my eyes set on may be gone. There is a second boat that I have been looking at and the dealer offered me $50,500 for trade which I thought was a pretty good deal for a trade offer. Now I just need to get them down a bit on theirs and we may be signing papers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.