Notices

Hey Joe

Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

pets... i presume your 'pets' have all been eaten by alliators!!!

dave hunter told me one night when we were air boating in the glades that there is a group of rednecks that lets their kids swim in one of the lakes deep in the glades. they tie a rope around their waiste so that if they see alligators beginning to get too close to them while they are swimming, they can reel them in and away fom the gators. what the heck?????

good times!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

ps: just got back from the engine shop earlier. one motor should be done next week. can't wait to get it repainted and back into the boat.

joe
Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe if Your Cigs not a poker run boat then what are You looking for??? Love the dash on the Cig. How are the motors comming. Artie
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Joe if Your Cigs not a poker run boat then what are You looking for??? Love the dash on the Cig. How are the motors comming. Artie
something i can cruise in SFl without getting beat up in the ocean on an average conditions day.

my mechanic is doing all of the typical cosmetic engine room touch-up's this coming week. if i wasn't so busy right now, i'd be jones'ing to get her in the water.

i made an offer on a poker run boat last week. it was apparently not meant to be... i didn't really need the distractions of flying out to run it etc.... right now anyway!!!! still passively shopping.

joe
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered

Good luck with Your search. Can't wait to see what this will be. Artie
Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered

Up dates Joe. Hope You had a great Easter . Artie
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Registered

Hows the boat comming Joe???
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Up dates Joe. Hope You had a great Easter . Artie
hi artie, since you asked, i'll give a bit longer of an answer than you may be asking:

Scott (Shogren) was made aware of my post and contacted me. i don't know Scott, nor have ever met him. But, I must say, his reputation of being a stand up person, in my experience, is 100% accurate. We came to a financial agreement (remember, this debacle occurred way before Scott bought Pier 57), he asked me to send him an invoice, which I did, and he would have a check cut. Several days later I received a message from him stating that David Woods told him not to cut the check.

So, to recap, when I bought this little Ciggie, the Pier 57 person who did the sea trial with me commented that the difficulty starting one of the motors was most likely from a bad connection on that motor's starter, and that he didn't have time to fix it then because Woods had him on a rush job to get the 50 OL cat ready, as it was sold (although I called two days in advance stating I would be bringing a truck down to buy and leave, that same day, with the boat).

Being that I thought Woods and I were "friends", I agreed to leave with a boat that clearly had "some kind of" problem with it, with the verbal agreement that whatever it turned out to be, Woods would take care of it --- ship me the parts or whatever (I was even willing to pay the labor to my guys back in Houston to do the work, which needless to say, was not my burden, but, up and until that point, it had always been a give-and-take relationship between us ------------- to the point several years back in LOTO, I was walking into a restaurant that Woods was ducking out of quickly to get somewhere and was going to leave his girlfriend to pick up the tab w/ his credit card, which she would then have to try to catch up and find them after. I told Woods we were about to sit down and eat, and that I'd gladly pick up the tab so she could leave with him.... it was no big deal (and as you can imagine... it wasn't a small or cheap group he ate with).

Anyway, we are talking here more about being screwed by someone you thought you knew more than the 12k or so that it would have cost (retail) to have the motors fixed.

I told Woods, if we hadn't been 'friends', there would have been NO WAY I would ever have paid for and left with a used boat that wasn't running right. I would have told the dealer to have the boat fixed and I'd then buy it. I certainly would not have paid in full for a boat that had a possibly major engine issue (which it turned out that it did).

I don't know why David snapped in such a sad direction over this -------- to the point he accused me of not returning a set of propellers he thought I had of his. Huh.... I told him I gave them to one of his guys (not going to name his name here, but did tell Woods whom), where he unlocked the Sport Chassy, put them inside and then one of my buddies and I stood and chatted with him for quite a bit thereafter?????? What the heck ---- we're now arguing over a $600-$700 set of props ---- what about my motor issues????

Well, one of my attorney's father and mine went to law school together, and we have been friends for decades. We happened to go to dinner last week and I was telling him how disappointed I was about all this. He quickly made a call while we were sitting at the table to a buddy who's area covers Tennessee.... and was ready to go. Needless to say, I put the brakes on it and shared with him how there was no way I would be willing to spend my time going to Tennessee to fight this in court, and I don't bluff.... so, I wasn't willing to send a demand letter or file suit with the idea if he didn't pay-up, I'd just drop the suit.

I really just wanted this person I have developed a pretty good friendship over the last 5+ years to fix this and make it right. Guess that isn't going to happen. Sad. I'd heard several stories in the past how Woods had left people hanging on certain issues. I just chalked it up to "two sides of a story." Well, I now know what the other side of the story looks like.

On a positive note --- I must say, I would be willing to buy a boat anytime from Scott (as long as he was not affiliated with Woods. Again, he is quite a stand-up guy!

---- Scott, Thank you so much for what you were willing to do (over something that had absolutely nothing to do with you). Again, my point is more about who someone is and how they handle themselves. Thank you for being true to your reputation. Best of luck with Pier 57 and working with Woods.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Thats great to hear Joe. When I look to upgrade I will give Scott the first call. Glade Your getting You boat ready. I'm thinking about a Formula 40ss an Shogren has a couple. I will have to go meet Scott when I'm ready. I'm going to the races this weekend. Yeaaaa
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

well, i heard from two of my good friends this past week. the first said how great of an experience he had with Pier 57 selling his used boat, and another talking about a not-so-agreeable situation --- for completely different reasons. i hate to hear i may possibly not be the only person who has had a difficult time with them. i was hoping it was, for whatever reason, an isolated incident.

on another note, i also hear that congrat's are in order for bruce bullock in becoming the new MTI (and Mystic) dealer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.