Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by greg bakker
Go Scott !
????Shogren????

thought so too, until he renig'd on the deal he brought to me to resolve this "motors issue" i have with them. i was VERY surprised ---- but, like i told scott during that call, it is now par for the course. 1st pier 57 told me they'd fix the problem, which they renig'd, and now 2nd time there was an agreement reached, an invoice sent from me to pier 57, per scott's request, and then came the phone call stating pier 57 was renigging on the agreement THEY brought to me?????

talk about insulting and zero class!!!!!!! i still can't believe it. again, we're talking 11-12k. in the grand scheme of things, i wonder if woods/shogren think it was worth breaking their word for THIS??????

shame.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
SVT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
????Shogren????

thought so too, until he renig'd on the deal he brought to me to resolve this "motors issue" i have with them. i was VERY surprised ---- but, like i told scott during that call, it is now par for the course. 1st pier 57 told me they'd fix the problem, which they renig'd, and now 2nd time there was an agreement reached, an invoice sent from me to pier 57, per scott's request, and then came the phone call stating pier 57 was renigging on the agreement THEY brought to me?????

talk about insulting and zero class!!!!!!! i still can't believe it. again, we're talking 11-12k. in the grand scheme of things, i wonder if woods/shogren think it was worth breaking their word for THIS??????

shame.
I have read this whole thing and although there is always two sides to every store you have articulated yourself very well and you seem like a very reasonable person. Its a real shame to be honest. I own a family business that has been around for 40 yrs, we may not be the cheapest and we may not have the millions of dollars in inventory but we kill on customer service and we always live up to our word. Your word is everything.

If you ask me they should make this right even if that means sucking up their pride and admitting their fault.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by svt
i have read this whole thing and although there is always two sides to every store you have articulated yourself very well and you seem like a very reasonable person. Its a real shame to be honest. I own a family business that has been around for 40 yrs, we may not be the cheapest and we may not have the millions of dollars in inventory but we kill on customer service and we always live up to our word. Your word is everything.

If you ask me they should make this right even if that means sucking up their pride and admitting their fault.
+1
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
+1
+2

Thanks for posting all of this Joe. I've seen some boats that I liked that Pier 57 had up for sale, but have never done business with them or known anyone that has and didn't know what to expect. But if what you're going through is any indication of how they treat their customers, I'll be sure to stay away. And their squaking over 11k? I could see 110k... But not 11k.. For a company that's suppose to be as big baller as they come off, I'm surprised that they would let their reputation take a hit like this. Maybe their just smoke and mirrors.. Besides, I don't need to piss Phil off.. You should have went back to Phil....
Old 05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SVT
but we kill on customer service and we always live up to our word. Your word is everything.

Excellence
Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tim mccray
+2

Thanks for posting all of this Joe. I've seen some boats that I liked that Pier 57 had up for sale, but have never done business with them or known anyone that has and didn't know what to expect. But if what you're going through is any indication of how they treat their customers, I'll be sure to stay away. And their squaking over 11k? I could see 110k... But not 11k.. For a company that's suppose to be as big baller as they come off, I'm surprised that they would let their reputation take a hit like this. Maybe their just smoke and mirrors.. Besides, I don't need to piss Phil off.. You should have went back to Phil....
tim, funny you say that.... i was at phil's and had just looked over the 700 Zul gladiator that was in his shop. i found phil and told him i decided i wanted a gladiator and really liked that one, knowing the boat since it was new, and that it lived 90% of it's life in fresh water here on lake travis (texas.

i shared with phil that i was ready to write a check for it, when, to my surprise, he told me tommy literally bought it the day prior!!!!! adding insult to injury, after several months of back-and-fourth with Pier 57, tommy was apparently ready for something else and put it up for sale. sure wish i would have waited. although, i must say... i do like that the gladiator i have is a side-by-side, with the larger cockpit etc... --- as i'm really not interested in top speed and so-fourth with this boat. it's purpose is to just cruise around the bay area here at home (no big water etc...).

on another note, i had a broker negotiating on my behalf to buy the red 488 v-hull skater. we were agreement on price... i was just having a hard time getting away ASAP to fly in for the sea-trial etc... (just started a new biz venture), and ron z. made the guy, basically the same, offer... except the boat was right there in his back yard. guess it wasn't meant to be. but, very, very cool boat (up to 120 MPH or so, which was fine with me)!!!!!

who knows.... by the time i have the time to actually take a week off to go boating, maybe zolac will be ready to sell the big v!!!!

talk to you later....

joe
Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Excellence
yeah, i just don't get it. i guess the bottom line is, i chose (on my own free will) to trust the word of someone whom i thought i knew. lesson learned.

i still say... i'd rather go thru life believing in the good in folks, and occassionally making a bad call vs. living every day jaded. it all works out in the end... and i must say, i feel very blessed how my life has turned out thus far.

i always say, when life get's tough... commit to doing 'the next most right thing', as hard as it may be to do... and things seem to somehow turn out (maybe not easily and without struggle)... but, IT DOES turn out much better than knee capping someone when the opportunity arises.

joe
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Up dates Joe. Boat running ? Hope the new biz is doing well. Find a poker runner yet ? Artie