Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Need help on this guys >

Need help on this guys

Notices

Need help on this guys

Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The notch gained about 1.5 of -X- on a TRS boat. When they switched to Bravo's the -X_ was actualy dropped to only raise the drive about 1/2".

Originally Posted by First Gun
Scott (cig3) or anyone who might know,when cig went to the notch transom how much higher did this allow the TRS drive to be mounted compared to the flat transom TGs? Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Notched Transom Top Gun

I actually plan on Konrads,Gonna run the boat now in Fla/MD with TRS and see how it goes. I actually like the simplicity of the drive having the Transmission inside the boat. What model Konrad should I consider? I want to use the same mounting as the TRS. Not trying to build a Race boat here but would like to get the boat to a top speed maybe around 70???? Any thoughts?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tom rockstroh
I actually plan on Konrads,Gonna run the boat now in Fla/MD with TRS and see how it goes. I actually like the simplicity of the drive having the Transmission inside the boat. What model Konrad should I consider? I want to use the same mounting as the TRS. Not trying to build a Race boat here but would like to get the boat to a top speed maybe around 70???? Any thoughts?
the 540 prs is the one that is the trs replacement
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

If you are only going to be shooting for 70 in the top gun. the TRS's are pretty much bullet proof. Not to mention you could pick up a spare drive pretty cheap, been seeing them around the swap shop. I ran 675 HP through TRS's without any trouble in my Mistress for 90 hours.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Trs

Tom - I am getting ready to part out my buddy's Formula. A couple of years ago I got him the last NEW set of TRS's that Mel Riggs built directly from Mel. They have about 30 hours on them. We are selling the pair for $2,500. each. Just a thought.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRS Drives

Barry, Definatly interested....I'm going to run the boat next week in Pompano then have it brought up here and put in my shop. 1st job will be pulling the Drives,and checking them out at Ventnor Marine (Next to my house in Pasadena).The boat has CMI headers with mufflers AND Silent Choice. I can't do the silent Choice with Konrads. So put my name on them and I'll get up with you after the begining of the year. Can you get some Pics and send them to me? E/M [email protected]. also the boat I bought is on youtube titled "Niagara River Cigarette top Gun vs Skater"
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I can't do the silent Choice with Konrads.
Kudos to Konrads for disallowing you to run Silent Choice.

I HATE my silent choice. The seals leak every year or two and you have to pull the exhaust. Next time the engines come out they will be in the swap shop.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Tom - I am getting ready to part out my buddy's Formula. A couple of years ago I got him the last NEW set of TRS's that Mel Riggs built directly from Mel. They have about 30 hours on them. We are selling the pair for $2,500. each. Just a thought.
Like I said the TRS's are fine for your application. and the above deal sounds good. Mel knows TRS. and the price is good too. Spare set is always nice. Of they fail, its usually pinion gear on the RH drive I believe. GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Drives

Barry, Definatly interested....I'm going to run the boat next week in Pompano then have it brought up here and put in my shop. 1st job will be pulling the Drives,and checking them out at Ventnor Marine (Next to my house in Pasadena).The boat has CMI headers with mufflers AND Silent Choice. I can't do the silent Choice with Konrads. So put my name on them and I'll get up with you after the begining of the year. Can you get some Pics and send them to me? E/M [email protected]. also the boat I bought is on youtube titled "Niagara River Cigarette top Gun vs Skater"
Tom - I just e-mailed you a picture of the drives. Your word is good, they have your name on them. Have a great holiday, enjoy the run in the boat!

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

you bought the pf flyer. nice boat congrats. that boat spent alot of time here in buffalo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.