Mistress repower #2 begins.... >

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Notices

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Old 05-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

It moves in bore where it normally does but cannot get out if the bore as if the slammed and mushroomed the bottom some, I was told that's impossible so I am not sure why I can't remove it... I got video if that too...
Old 05-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

For whatever it's worth tim, I'd take the year off. Ride on friends boats this summer.

Put the boat away, save some dough, collect your thoughts and let the pain subside a bit.

Hastily putting the engine back together to make a date you have in your head will likely net you similar results as this time around.

I know that's not what you want to do, but I'm looking at this with zero emotion.

Good luck in whatever you decide man.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am not gonna take the summer off that's for sure, I would put stock power in it first.... It's not me to let a toy sit any of them, that being said we have a handle on what's going on and what will be addressed, it will be ok... Lesson learned...issue was not rushing, I am not called Quickchange for nothing!

Last edited by Full Force; 05-28-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I`m sorry to hear about your issues Tim , I talked with my head guy today and he sets up the guide clearances a couple different ways depending on the head. If the guide extends into the head without any "meat" around the guide he starts with .0015 at the top and a bit more in the portion that extends into the head. (.002) he also seems to think heat had something to do with your situation. May not all be the guide.

The issue I see in the tech section or OSO in general is you can`t say anything negative against ButtHurtBobby . How many threads where he wasn`t seen in the best light were just poofed? Not locked just disapeared.... information is lost... cheerleaders come out of the woodwork and anyone who isn`t carrying the BHB torch gets extinquished.

Mild had mentioned a few times that the parts BHB moves are not ready to bolt on and that even per AFR themselves the clearances need to be checked but he gets labeled a "troublemaker ".

I commend you for saying something.. there are a bunch of stories out there just no
one with the balls to tell em.

Count down to thread poof I guess.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, bad day yesterday and found other engine with surfacing issues, I gotta really find out what is going on, it's not all just guides there is Another issue, just don't know what yet, I will figure it out just very frustrated right now with it, I would like to and should be boating.... Not watching my garden grow....
Old 05-29-2015, 06:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`m sorry to hear about your issues Tim , I talked with my head guy today and he sets up the guide clearances a couple different ways depending on the head. If the guide extends into the head without any "meat" around the guide he starts with .0015 at the top and a bit more in the portion that extends into the head. (.002) he also seems to think heat had something to do with your situation. May not all be the guide.

The issue I see in the tech section or OSO in general is you can`t say anything negative against ButtHurtBobby . How many threads where he wasn`t seen in the best light were just poofed? Not locked just disapeared.... information is lost... cheerleaders come out of the woodwork and anyone who isn`t carrying the BHB torch gets extinquished.

Mild had mentioned a few times that the parts BHB moves are not ready to bolt on and that even per AFR themselves the clearances need to be checked but he gets labeled a "troublemaker ".

I commend you for saying something.. there are a bunch of stories out there just no
one with the balls to tell em.

Count down to thread poof I guess.

Troublemaker........you need to get off the BS about Bob, he has done nothing but help people on this site and others make reliable HP with combinations that work including some of the members in your circle.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My take.....

Tight guides, cold water, 600lb spring pressures, valve grows and adds pressure, pushes oil from plunger, makes lifter more like a solid, then I have lash and best the fuk out if valve tip and rocker, not issue at 3800-4000 rpm soon as I get to 5200 make heat in valve, all them factors play a time when valve expands with .0010 clearance no place to go, hangs valve go boom..... Make sense??

I am not gonna bash anyone at least not now, I am more concerned with finding actual cause and I have 4 others agree with theory above..

Bob and I have been in contact and he is working with me for answers, I am also using my machinist to help determine things and not just sending parts back to parole to be "evaluated" I wanna do it local where I can see with my eyes what's being done, I have a call into Johnson lifter to talk to them, run this theory by them also....

Afr wants heads back or I am on my own, that's go. A take a few weeks from what afr told me, I ordered one casting from them, I will get other 3 and that new one machines to my specs .0020 intake guide and .0023exh guide and reassemble, looking into if I really need 600 lbs spring pressure wearing on valvetrain as that still seems high to me...

For the record, I am upset at Bob for a couple things I was told, besides that he has been in contact with me and trying to help me...

I need to get my boat fixed, I am upset but can only move forward...
Old 05-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Yea, bad day yesterday and found other engine with surfacing issues
Like deck/head mating surface issues?
Old 05-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No meant issues surfacing lol
Old 05-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Facts...

Bob M is very much working with me to find issues and resolve.

I a
Have talked to AFR and they are working with me and already have a new casting on the way to me and been very helpful, I am going to send my bad casting back to be investigated.

I have talked to Johnson lifter chief engineer and have his cell number we are looking at any possible causes that could be there if any at all.

Scorpion rockers engineer has email with pics sent and I am waiting for response.

I am not gonna bash anyone as all parties are very much helping me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.