Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
No meant issues surfacing lol
lol Oh.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Put a couple of those fancy Ferd engines in there and call it a day!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Facts...

Bob M is very much working with me to find issues and resolve.

I a
Have talked to AFR and they are working with me and already have a new casting on the way to me and been very helpful, I am going to send my bad casting back to be investigated.

I have talked to Johnson lifter chief engineer and have his cell number we are looking at any possible causes that could be there if any at all.

Scorpion rockers engineer has email with pics sent and I am waiting for response.

I am not gonna bash anyone as all parties are very much helping me...
Glad to hear Bob is working with you and you should be glad as well. While you may not have bashed him you made some derogatory statements that I felt were premature since you didn't have a definitive cause for you're failure at that point, and still don't. When all the dust settles I seriously doubt that the valve guide clearance will be the cause of your engine failure. I'm glad to hear you have the support of all the companies involved. Looks like everything is moving along nicely. Don't take what I said in the beginning personally, I'm with ya brother, not against ya. I did however feel like you started pointing fingers a little quickly.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
Glad to hear Bob is working with you and you should be glad as well. While you may not have bashed him you made some derogatory statements that I felt were premature since you didn't have a definitive cause for you're failure at that point, and still don't. When all the dust settles I seriously doubt that the valve guide clearance will be the cause of your engine failure. I'm glad to hear you have the support of all the companies involved. Looks like everything is moving along nicely. Don't take what I said in the beginning personally, I'm with ya brother, not against ya. I did however feel like you started pointing fingers a little quickly.
Emotions get the best of ya sometimes, I feel as does Bob there are a few things on the edge that created the perfect disaster, much of it being tighter tolerances and Lake Erie water....

I apologized to Bob and we moved on.

I did learn that no matter what you need to take heads apart and make sure other tolerances are looser for Great Lakes boating if you run engines cold, I always did in past and just assumed heads would be loose for marine, that's on me....
Old 05-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really hope my answers today are the problem and it's ok after this.... I can't do this again..
Old 05-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

From AFR website.

"Valve Guide Clearance:
Our typical valve guide clearances are .0013”-.0016”. In some severe applications (nitrous, marine endurance racing, or blower usage) looser guides might be required. Check with your engine builder. "
Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Right, thats the miscommunication I was saying... Water under the bridge
Old 05-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant blame a guy for being pissed and being emotional, he is only human, we have all done it.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Any plans to change current setup in regard to cooling? Possibly go to a recirculating pump and t-stat since the motor is NA and you have aluminum heads?

Good to hear things are moving forward and hopefully the situation is resolved without too much additional $$$ output.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I will be using my crossovers and making the tolerances what they need to be to be ok with cold water use, but also I will add restrictors or stats to get some extra heat in engines, never needed them before so inleft it alone.

Like I said it's a combo of small things that created the perfect storm, new boat name lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.