Notices

Mistress repower #2 begins....

Old 02-17-2016, 05:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

hmmm easy out? lol

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Whats if your wife says it`s the boat or me?
Old 02-17-2016, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Well I am honestly sick of tearing into my fufking engines 2-3 times a year, Like Kevin said I spent TONS of money to be "worry free" and I have yet to not worry.... I could have saved 20 THGOUSAND dollars and had better results...I my eyes to change cams is more then it seems.... cams, springs, timing sets, and most likely pushrods due to Bobs small base circle, so that's not just swapping cams... as much as it sucks I am pretty much forced to run what I have, I also have a wife that is sick of being second to the boat and I cannot keep doing this crap. if it breaks it breaks I will deal with a solution at that point, I know everyone will say " I told you so" but I don't have much choice, I have many other things to deal with at the same time at home, house, family...

So things are what they are, I pray I get lucky and I do not have issues...
Tim, I feel that with these mechanical toys, doesn't matter who builds it, there can always be problems.

Hell, my engines were rebuilt 4X before ever running on plane inside the boat. 2X original builds, 1X after first dyno run, 1X after idling out of the river less that one hour of run time (that one wasn't a rebuild but a tear down, but it took long enough to "fix" and I still paid for everything). You just never know with these things.

It's not a hobby for a light wallet. I think that's what's most painful. When you're at the end of your budget, or even overextended, it's damn near impossible to deal with unknowns or failures.

I've spent probably 2 or 4 times what I originally set out to spend. I guess it's an expensive education to say the least.

"Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want."

I would say just leave them and run it. Think how pissed you're gonna be when you change cams, then have a failure mid-season for no apparent reason, or possibly related to messing with the cam swap. Then, when you get divorced and kicked out of your house, you'll have to come live with me, and no one wants that.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exactly and you had a well known builder also. I am gonna run it and see how it goes, if it breaks we are gonna boat with you!!!

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Tim, I feel that with these mechanical toys, doesn't matter who builds it, there can always be problems.

Hell, my engines were rebuilt 4X before ever running on plane inside the boat. 2X original builds, 1X after first dyno run, 1X after idling out of the river less that one hour of run time (that one wasn't a rebuild but a tear down, but it took long enough to "fix" and I still paid for everything). You just never know with these things.

It's not a hobby for a light wallet. I think that's what's most painful. When you're at the end of your budget, or even overextended, it's damn near impossible to deal with unknowns or failures.

I've spent probably 2 or 4 times what I originally set out to spend. I guess it's an expensive education to say the least.

"Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want."

I would say just leave them and run it. Think how pissed you're gonna be when you change cams, then have a failure mid-season for no apparent reason, or possibly related to messing with the cam swap. Then, when you get divorced and kicked out of your house, you'll have to come live with me, and no one wants that.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

I agree, run it and enjoy it. 'Cause if it;s not that, it'll be something else....

I am looking forward to this season, for the first time in 3 years!
Old 02-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't wait to have some beers in the boats for once together haha

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I agree, run it and enjoy it. 'Cause if it;s not that, it'll be something else....

I am looking forward to this season, for the first time in 3 years!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Both you cig guys better include a donzi guy. Lol can't wait its going to be one of the best summer's at ki yet. Rest up your livers boys its going to be a long summer... when it gets here
Old 02-17-2016, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I maintain mine all winter. That way I don't sleep my Sunday's away.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hahhaha
Old 03-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally uploaded Dyno pulls a couple of them...Thx Ryan (Precision) and Joe (Mild Thunder) for a fun weekend!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmM7YHqnaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sQmgFHOf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3H2RcinV4
Old 10-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boat came home today, 110 hours on these builds, running perfect, not bad for some idiot that can't build reliable engines.... hoped to leave them in this winter but coming out to transplant into a new ride... stay tuned!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.