Cafe Racer, Flat Deck, Mistress

Notices

Cafe Racer, Flat Deck, Mistress

Old 03-06-2016, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Whats your budget? Spending less sometimes ends up costing way more. Ask me how I know. Actually don`t.. I`ll start to cry.
PMd you my parameters.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues
PMd you my parameters.
R&B, like I said to you on the phone on Thursday, Cigarette rule of thumb, buying a pre 1998 Cig. for less than $50,000 all you are buying is a hull.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your concern and your interest. I'll find something. It might not be right away but I'll find something. Theres plenty of boats out there, question is do I want them or not.

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 03-06-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Registered

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your concern and your interest. I'll find something. It might not be right away but I'll find something. Theres plenty of boats out there, question is do I want them or not.
From what I gathered someone else is answering that question for you.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RWS Cigarette
From what I gathered someone else is answering that question for you.

I've got quite a few feelers out there if thats what you mean, for sure. Well nothing on the west coast mostly great lakes and east coast. I've actually talked to a ton of super helpful people, you included.

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 03-06-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Registered

I've got quite a few feelers out there if thats what you mean, for sure. Well nothing on the west coast mostly great lakes and east coast. I've actually talked to a ton of super helpful people, you included.
No that's not what I mean, what I mean is how do you expect to purchase an older Cigarette when your trying to finance 100% with your Credit Union and they are placing the values on them and by what means are they getting these values for these boats.
Sorry to inform you pal, but this is a cash game.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'll respectfully say It's very doable Bob. I'll just need to find the right boat. It need not be "old"; it'll just take the right combination of components. Btw an offer of 30k on a 37k asking price is well within the scope of reason and respect; the latter of which I think is wayning currently in this thread.... I realize you have both sentimental and quite a bit of monitary value in the boat which is why you were asking 60 some-odd $k for it when it was last advertized. Sorry it didnt sell, guess it wasnt worth what you thought it was worth. I'm not going to rake around the muck on this.. Apparently you've got some sort of issue with me looking for a boat. How you let me continue to look unencumbered by naysaying...

EDIT: we can strike "you included" from post #75, undue credit...

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 03-07-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Rhythm and Blues;4412774]I'll respectfully say It's very doable Bob. I'll just need to find the right boat. It need not be "old"; it'll just take the right combination of components. Btw an offer of 30k on a 37k asking price is well within the scope of reason and respect; the latter of which I think is wayning currently in this thread.... I realize you have both sentimental and quite a bit of monitary value in the boat which is why you were asking 60 some-odd $k for it when it was last advertized. Sorry it didnt sell, guess it wasnt worth what you thought it was worth. I'm not going to rake around the muck on this.. Apparently you've got some sort of issue with me looking for a boat. How you let me continue to look unencumbered by naysaying...

EDIT: we can strike "you included" from post #75, undue credit...[/QUOTE
I don't have anything against you, but as for as your offer I would burn it in the back field first. As any older Cigarette owner knows we put the time and money in them because it's in our blood, we know we will loose the money in the end, it doesn't matter and then there's guys like you. Good luck

You still didn't answer my question

Last edited by RWS Cigarette; 03-07-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

"guys like me"? Oh, you mean guys whove been boating for 25+ years who love classic Cigs or any Cig for that matter and are looking their 1st? Or "guys like me", who work 1/2 their lives on the water because the love of the ocean, boats, ect..? Or "guys like me" who are festidious with maintenance, appearence, and stewardship who are looking for the right boat to start with. Yes it may be an unconventional way of buying one but you have no clue as to my aptitude or vessel experience.
Spare me the "Holier than thou" speech Bob. I'm sorry It didnt work out but your outta line.

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 03-07-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my Cafe late fall of 2014, it would have been in your budget. At the time there were several Cafes on the market so values were down as supply was high. I have yet to see prices anywhere near where they were when I bought my boat and I would certainly not sell it in this market for what I paid for it, but I have done several upgrades since purchasing it. You will eventually find what you are looking for, but you will need to be very patient, and very quick when the right boat hits the market. I had the deal struck on mine 3 days after it hit the market, it would have been gone quickly had I waited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.