Cafe Racer, Flat Deck, Mistress

Notices

Cafe Racer, Flat Deck, Mistress

Old 03-07-2016, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Most places use Buc book values, which are a little closer. Boats are a different bird anyway. An ass for every seat and it all depends on what someone is willing to pay. Older boats are more difficult to judge. Problem is as we dump more money into older boats it makes it tough. Other then HELOCs or personal loans nobody will finance old boats. So it limits the buyers. You need to find a cash buyer. Then you look at if someone had that much cash, should they buy much newer and finance versus putting down 60k plus in cash? So it turns into a double edge sword. Which is the better buy?

Exactly, the older boats are tough because you end up pouring buckets of $$$$ into them, and they hopefully turn out like Bobs, Ryan's or ICDEDPPL's. But the return on that investment doesnt yeild high returns. My credit union will lend on any year any make any model, no salvage or total loss. The newer 90s Cigs if relitively clean maybe newer power and well kept original; people arent as vested into those boats financially or emotionslly so they end up going for a margin closer to the book value..
Old 03-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues
Sure, I'll play..
Bob, did you assume I was financing 100% of the boat through my credit union? You know what they say about ass-umptions.. The value of the boat/trailer is based 100% on NADA value and unfortunatly not on a survey.

Didn't assume anything that's what you told me they would give you and that what you offered "Corry"

Last edited by RWS Cigarette; 03-07-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Registered

Exactly, the older boats are tough because you end up pouring buckets of $$$$ into them, and they hopefully turn out like Bobs, Ryan's or ICDEDPPL's. But the return on that investment doesnt yeild high returns. My credit union will lend on any year any make any model, no salvage or total loss. The newer 90s Cigs if relitively clean maybe newer power and well kept original; people arent as vested into those boats financially or emotionslly so they end up going for a margin closer to the book value..
The institution's, finical, insurance, survey's and dealers that are prominent in the industry use the BUC guide.

Last edited by RWS Cigarette; 03-07-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

True but a mid 90's boat is now 20 years old to start, Flat Decks and Mistresses are 30 years. Prices are determined based on care, equipment, paint scheme, trailer, updates, interior, performance. Ect. Some cigarettes that are for sale, have been for sale for years. Some of them I was looking at 3 boats ago....lol. Be careful on what you buy or you may have to be buried in it....
Old 03-07-2016, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hear you both. Like Matt said, something will come along and with my due dilligence I'm confident that whatever I buy will be a well bought boat.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Registered

"guys like me"? Oh, you mean guys whove been boating for 25+ years who love classic Cigs or any Cig for that matter and are looking their 1st? Or "guys like me", who work 1/2 their lives on the water because the love of the ocean, boats, ect..? Or "guys like me" who are festidious with maintenance, appearence, and stewardship who are looking for the right boat to start with. Yes it may be an unconventional way of buying one but you have no clue as to my aptitude or vessel experience.
Spare me the "Holier than thou" speech Bob. I'm sorry It didnt work out but your outta line.
Wow, you got all that from my saying "and then there's guy's like you"
Amazing, talk about "Holier than thou"
Not even close.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Negitive implication Bob.. Your statement was contrary..
By all means expand on your compliment then....,
Old 03-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

as for the example listed on the 93 cig any lender that knows about boats will not give added value for standard eq. ie trim tabs / fresh water sink ect . you can get away with it with some lenders / underwriters but not all trying to buy a 37,000 listed cig with an offer for 30 / I would probably say thanks for wasting my time and leave and not return your calls even if you agreed to pay my 37. my café could be for sale for 45,000 and that means 45
Old 03-07-2016, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

True, as the case may be tho NADA works differently as discussed. The value shown is accurate in their mind. Where I come from a 30k offer on 37k is an honest offer. If you ask 45k firm for your Cafe your intitled to stay firm on that, and thats the beauty of a free world.
I just sold my Ducati 1299, it took 3 months because I was firm in the middle of the winter..

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 03-07-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

R & B............................In a total opposite situation than yours, this Mistress found me (small cash deal and a true barn find at that) with all your laser feelers out there can't believe this slipped by ya!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ab-29-a-2.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.