Operation 87 Cafe rescue >

Operation 87 Cafe rescue

Notices

Operation 87 Cafe rescue

Old 05-07-2024, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe

she did great yesterday and the wife approves finally after all this time LOL seen 75+mph on 3 different gps’s the 24p bravos I need to go up a pitch or two I believe we will see. Comes out of the hole in seconds. Planes well. So happy about this dang thing! Next project is getting the hatch back on!
What RPM are you seeing at 75 with the 24p?

What is your target RPM range?

The 317s seem to be working out well.

How is the cruise RPM and vacuum?
​​​​
Thanks, Art
Old 05-08-2024, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Rpm

Originally Posted by Tartilla
What RPM are you seeing at 75 with the 24p?

What is your target RPM range?

The 317s seem to be working out well.

How is the cruise RPM and vacuum?
​​​​
Thanks, Art

I can blow these 24’s out of the water I could stand to go up a couple pitches I believe and get the engines down to around 5600-5800 wot I can spin them well well past that now. I am going to be honest I didn’t concentrate too much on my rpm’s when I was pushing her up through the limits. I was watching all of my temperatures like a hawk or the best of my ability LOL first time ever running this boat and these engines. As for speed was on my cell phone, my wife’s cell phone and the GPS on the dash ( how accurate that is I don’t know )

she cruises GREAT with a little bit of trim tab around 35-40mph range with what seems like absolute zero effort from the engines.

vaccum I can’t answer.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 87CigCafe
I can blow these 24’s out of the water I could stand to go up a couple pitches I believe and get the engines down to around 5600-5800 wot I can spin them well well past that now. I am going to be honest I didn’t concentrate too much on my rpm’s when I was pushing her up through the limits. I was watching all of my temperatures like a hawk or the best of my ability LOL first time ever running this boat and these engines. As for speed was on my cell phone, my wife’s cell phone and the GPS on the dash ( how accurate that is I don’t know )

she cruises GREAT with a little bit of trim tab around 35-40mph range with what seems like absolute zero effort from the engines.

vaccum I can’t answer.
Great to hear. I prefer running a bit more RPM on the top end as per your plan. Easier out of the hole, and not working hard on the cruise RPM.

The 317 Promaxx heads really seem to be working out.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Right!

Originally Posted by Tartilla
Great to hear. I prefer running a bit more RPM on the top end as per your plan. Easier out of the hole, and not working hard on the cruise RPM.

The 317 Promaxx heads really seem to be working out.

i will say one thing. The power and the “ pull “ they make throughout coming from and out of the whole and all the way up to higher rpms she truthfully pulls hard all things considered! Nothing like these other guys I’m sure but I really enjoy it so far!
The following 3 users liked this post by 87CigCafe:
1983ScarabIII (05-09-2024), sonicss42 (05-10-2024), Tartilla (05-13-2024)