Project Cafe Racer 2022

Notices

Project Cafe Racer 2022

Old 11-03-2022, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

Stay tuned for the episode cafe racer custom dash
The following 4 users liked this post by division1:
Griff (11-03-2022), J-Bonz (11-03-2022), thisistank (11-03-2022), TomZ (11-04-2022)
Old 09-21-2023, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
I’m the world of upside down in a project let’s break it down ……….
you buy a running boat for 100k at this point that gets you a late 90 cigarette. So let’s just say you do that I’m not saying there isn’t any nice ones out there that will run the way they sit but at this point there all 25 plus years old. Everyone of them needs some sort of glass work , wiring work, paint work ect. After digging in to mine that was well kept in its life I found a crazy amount of exposed wires from the factory exposed wood ect. Know if a person buys a hull for less then 2k put time and elbow grease they then know exactly what they have. I’ll break it down even closer
my 90 topgun
purchase price 35k on trailer with headers and drives
575 sci power package 20k
interior 6k
so know we’re at 61k on the water
then I decided to redo
materials for transom stringers and all glass work 4k
miscellaneous material gel coat /paint for bilge ext 3k
paint job after all glass work 17k
so know we’re in the mid 80s so figure anther 10 grand for all new wiring all new switches and all new hoses. So let’s just be Generous and call it 100k for a 38 topgun new from stern to bow that you know is solid and the feeling of know you put hours of hard work you weathered the ups and downs of the project you made friends along the way to traveled states away to buy parts and meet other cool people in the industry most important you learned things along the way. That’s why people do projects Matt will have 30k in a cafe with all new wiring new fuel tank stringers and some piece of mind and along the way I promise you he will have good stories to sit and tell over a beer at kelly’s. Yes if we paid to have the work done it would be upside down. I have been told I prolly have over a 100k in glass work if I had to pay someone to do it so that would be a problem these projects are guys who either know what there doing already or guys who arnt afraid to research and learn with a bit of trial and error. Can’t wait to see how it turns out !!
Time is money. You aren't figuring that into the equation at all.
You spend god knows how many hours on the boat. Some spend years before the boat can even be running.

Last edited by Midwestcruiser; 09-21-2023 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

I’m not forgetting that at all I’m aware time is money but in order to turn time into money you have to do so thing with that time unless you have a machine I don’t know about that turns time into money. To each is there own. Yep I’ve spent 3 years on my build and I have a brand new boat from front to back top to bottom. So I’m happy
The following 2 users liked this post by division1:
Helmwurst (09-23-2023), jeff32 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

The time is money thing.

Most charge $100 per hour.

Since I do not make $100 per hour I am money ahead when I can do what I can.