Where is the Betty Cook Scarab? >

Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Notices

Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Old 10-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Im in for some!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Yes, Bulldog has one of them. We need to get a listing going of these old boats and their location...something like this KAAMA boat is too good to be lost out there somewhere, especially when Lucidee can restore it and race it again, when we start the open ocean race series in HORBA.

What do you think Betty??

Cool pick

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

If HORBA made up a version of what you suggest, what kind of demand for that do you thnk there may be?
I´d buy one.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

How about a series of HORBA OFFSHORE LEGENDS tee´s??
I will forever be stuck in a nostalgia time warp so I would be interested in buying quite a few no doubt!!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply.
I would like to ask once more not for healing short term injuries but whether the elder racers have the impression or have medical evidence that the pressure caused by hits on the spine backbone (spinal column) when the boat hits back on the water after a leap, has left damaged of the spine backbone/ neck bones. If you don't have that impression that the hits on the spine backbone leaves damages at the neck bones... please just post that there is no evidence for damages caused by the energy of that kind of pressure.
The question came to my mind when I watched the videos, there is no further reason for the question.
Thank you.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Originally Posted by littlenige
How about a series of HORBA OFFSHORE LEGENDS tee´s??
I will forever be stuck in a nostalgia time warp so I would be interested in buying quite a few no doubt!!

We are taking a look at combining a lot of these excellent suggestions into a new T-shirt line.....the vendor is pricing them up for us as we write this....will be back to everyone as soon as we settle with designs and prices...thanks for the input ......it is a way to help offset the cost of keeping the free website open.

www.historicraceboats.com
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ducktail
Thank you for the reply.
I would like to ask once more not for healing short term injuries but whether the elder racers have the impression or have medical evidence that the pressure caused by hits on the spine backbone (spinal column) when the boat hits back on the water after a leap, has left damaged of the spine backbone/ neck bones. If you don't have that impression that the hits on the spine backbone leaves damages at the neck bones... please just post that there is no evidence for damages caused by the energy of that kind of pressure.
The question came to my mind when I watched the videos, there is no further reason for the question.
Thank you.

I can say for sure that I have damage to my neck, spine area from x-rays and Dr's comments. What I can't say for sure is that it came from offshore as I raced for a number of years in smaller classes like SK boats that had flat bottoms slammng on waves too.

The helmets we had back then were very heavy and didn't help with the snapping back and forth.

But, it isn't any big thing and certainly didn't stop me from doing anything else later on...like car racing and skiing.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in one a few T's also!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, Bulldog has one of them. We need to get a listing going of these old boats and their location...something like this KAAMA boat is too good to be lost out there somewhere, especially when Lucidee can restore it and race it again, when we start the open ocean race series in HORBA.

What do you think Betty??
I'm in!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If HORBA made up a version of what you suggest, what kind of demand for that do you thnk there may be?
I'd want a few.

Quick Reply: Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.