Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Cary / Cigarette 32 production >

Cary / Cigarette 32 production

Notices

Cary / Cigarette 32 production

Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the first one listed the other day. It is on a lot about a half hour from me. Harry, your description is right on. I got up and took a look and she is rough but still looks solid. she is missing one of the drives, don't know if they have it or not didn't ask. I didn't lift the hatches to see what the engines are like but my guess is nothing has changed since it came up to South Carolina from Florida. If it was a flat deck I might have asked more about it but I was never a big fan have of Jean Claude deck. The ribbing on the front of the deck reminds me of a tin roof.

If anyone is remotely interested I could go take some better pictures.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
The boat for sale on Boat Trader was for sale about ten years ago in Florida. Greg Gluck at American Offshore Marina in Dania had the boat. It had staggered 500HP/496CI stroker motors, and Speedmaster II or III drives. Three man bolster and a small cabin. The boat had the signature Jean Claude deck. I believe the boat could have been had for about $15k-$20k back then. It was pretty rough and needed lots of love. Sat on an original steel Target tri-axle trailer. I always liked the boat, it was just too much work at the time. I wonder what the ask is these days . . . I have the old photos somewhere, I have to find and scan them.

Harry
You beat me to it. I looked at it with Greg October 1999 when I was down for the Ft Lauderdale boat show. It looks identical today as it did back then. I think it had 3's on it, and the cabin needed to be fixed up if you planned to spend any time down there. The 3 man set up is very, very tight. If I remember right, a Saudi 20-something year old owned it at the time. Pic from when I looked at it. Cool boat, but a big project for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Cary / Cigarette 32 production-cary32.jpg  
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah a project for sure. If it didn't have that deck I might have asked some more questions. With Staggered engines and what looks like ballast tank drains that have been filled, I wonder what its history was? Wonder if it was ever raced?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steeb
The version with four outboards, The Cigarette and Wild Willie Boss O'Nova
The Wild Willie Boss O'Nova wasn't a Cary but one of the first boats built by Cigarette in 1971.
It was the same mold of the Cary 32' with a modified deck.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
The Wild Willie Boss O'Nova wasn't a Cary but one of the first boats built by Cigarette in 1971.
It was the same mold of the Cary 32' with a modified deck.
Yeah, like i wrote in post #5 :-). Bill Wishnick´s Boss O'Nova II, was not a Cary, but a real Cigarette 32' (it had the deck from the new Cigarette 36'). During 1972-73 Willie MacDonald drove the former Boss O'Nova II as Wild Willie Boss O'Nova.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Billie McDonald also had a grey/silver open class Cigarette called "Impossible Dream".
Old 11-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Billie McDonald also had a grey/silver open class Cigarette called "Impossible Dream".
Impossible Dream was a Gara 40',If the memory doesn't deceive me.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by steeb
Yeah, like i wrote in post #5 :-). Bill Wishnick´s Boss O'Nova II, was not a Cary, but a real Cigarette 32' (it had the deck from the new Cigarette 36'). During 1972-73 Willie MacDonald drove the former Boss O'Nova II as Wild Willie Boss O'Nova.
Sorry steeb,but I had not pushed to read up to the post #5.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Impossible Dream was a Gara 40',If the memory doesn't deceive me.
Billy also had a 35` cig. Greyish blue color. Bud Larrow rigged it for him when they were together. They had a shop over of NE 17th ave. in N. Miami, have no idea where that boat ended up. Bud would probably know. 7XCHAMP
Old 11-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Does anybody know if there is any 32s left in original condition? Or are they all destroyed or rebuilt?

Quick Reply: Cary / Cigarette 32 production

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.