Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Notices

Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by schmiddy
Do you have any more pics? Does the Corsa have the hook like the Martini, and if not how did the lack of one increase speeds?

Oh, and you won't find anything in NADA and your insurance co. won't believe they were ever made either, I had to use safeco
The bottom had been reworked and was straightened. The sides had a wooded splash rail lip screwed in with bondo. They had reshaped the sides with 1/2' thick gel and it definately looked like a plug. After a lot of sanding and some bead blasting ,it was saveable. The deck was the old round style. It was a great 1st offshore boat for cheap. here are some pics, it was built in the drive way in a tent.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any info on Martini boats?-03-17-2009-02%3B12%3B34pm.jpg   Anyone have any info on Martini boats?-corsa.jpg   Anyone have any info on Martini boats?-corsa1.jpg  

Old 03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa 26

Here is my 26' Corsa I just picked up. Has a 502ci with a SSM#3. Im new to the offshore stuff. Been playing with outboard cats and tunnels. I love old school! [IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaholic
Here is my 26' Corsa I just picked up. Has a 502ci with a SSM#3. Im new to the offshore stuff. Been playing with outboard cats and tunnels. I love old school! [IMG][/IMG]

That 26 Corsa is the best single engine rough water boat ever, especially if it was built as a race boat (No inner liner, just added bulkheads) They can suck up some real punishment and not even creek, Check the last 5' of bottom-be sure it's straight, mount everything as far outboard and low as possibe and use a 25gal ballast tank in the front and enjoy. They totally kickazz..
Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Any idea what Make/Model might be comparable to this 31' Corsa/Martini that I can actually look up info on?

Would it have been built with foam in the hull?

Any idea on what the weight might be with (2) big blocks?

or other concerns with these boats?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I believe I found some info on Martini or Corsa on Bucnet - not sure what year I looked up, likely 1986.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also, there's a 94 31' Corsa for sale on Scream and Fly with 250 OBs. Asking 25,000 I believe. Progressive insures my 86 and BoatUS knew what it was.

Last edited by NJThumper; 03-20-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a Martini about a 25-28 footer at the place I put in.I think he said it was a late 1970's...I forget. It cought my eye because of it's style and the oval with the '1' inside it. I thought it was a Cigarette. I've talked to the owner a couple times. Are these boats a predecessor of Cigarette or something totally different? Possibly thinking of trading my Checkmate for it...??
Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Hello, does anyone have any old brochures from Martini or Corsa?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It's actually Robert Michael Bower (my uncle) ... no, "s". The very first original Martini was constructed in his brother's backyard, from a mold Bob had purchased. Years later, after Martini had begun to make a name for themselves (Please note: Martini/Corsa is the only off-shore race boat company, that started in the 70s, that remained in business past the 90s). This boat was a 7 meter boat. A couple years later, they added a 9 meter. The 7M went bye bye and they eventually added a 12M ... However, if you really wanted a 7M, it could be arranged, as all boats were custom made.

As time went by, Martini phased out and by the early to mid 80's, Corsa took it's place - but was based on the original Martini mold. You could say, Martini is to Corsa, as Datsun is to Nissan.

Last edited by Firecat; 01-09-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Firecat, your mistaken a bit about Corsa/Martini being the only offshore race boat company that started in the 70's and continued thru the 90's. Just off the top of my head; Pantera, Magnum, Cigarette, Sutphen, Monza, and Superboat come to mind.
In the late 1970's early 1980's there was a high freeboard 30' Corsa. They made several raceboats; "Boogie Bear", "Tight Rope" "Big Red" and a few others. Was this the same company that manufactured the 26 Corsa in the 1980's and 90's?

Quick Reply: Anyone have any info on Martini boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.