Notices

Blue Thunder?

Old 05-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

CW, that is a very good question. There was supposed to be 2 41 molds. One went to Marc McMannis and one sold at auction to Saber. Not sure which one went where. A third was made from Cuban Ceasar's boat and that's the mold I got... Beau Renfroe has it now.

That aft angle is the lip I am talking about.

Last edited by MidOcean; 05-30-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we could find some good pics of Wickedwon we might be able to see it...
AH-HA... Nope...At least it doesnt appear that they executed a mod the same way... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...aber-pics.html
BUT! and I honestly was going to say this before; at first glance they may have solved the problem with the EX-Boxes.... Wonder if they figured that out before or after the fact...

Last edited by ChineWalker; 05-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutly correct info!!, The fastest One ever clocked?-90-91mph!, Pompi rigged with 1100hp Blower Motors!, We even tried a piece of 4" angle in the tunnel for more lift!!, Problem was surface area of hull wasn't enough to go with narrow tunnel, Witch was never designed to be Aero!, Also, layup was extra heavy to meet Govt' Spec for "Ramming Ability" Lol, Would go through any sea state!!, We rigged them at Harbor1 !!, How Ironic!!, Two were later rigged with Italia V-10-12 Engines!!, Last Two Still in Service today!!, One was later popped from Aronow Mold, Layed up light!, rigged with Arnesons Etc.., Never Any Faster, I studied hull for long time, even did calculations, If you add a extra 10" to bottom of each side, Raise/ Thin Tunnel by 4" all the way back, Increase tunnel width to 28-30", It Would Work!!, Oh & Layup as RACE BOAT!!, Not 1 1/2+ inches thick!!... I have one I'm testing with mods!!, Info I post here is not exact!!, Anyone Interested??, Would Make a great "ARONOW CAT" Racer!!, What a Tribute to One Of The Best Innovators of Our Sport!!!, Stay Tuned!!, Maybe next Year!!