First Boat Selection >

First Boat Selection

Notices

First Boat Selection

Old 04-08-2012, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

This boat does not have the stabin-cabin that you may need but if you want a good performing boat, the 21' Supeboat is an awesome boat (85 mph). There is one that just went up forsale on OSO, and if the adverstisement is completely accurate I think it would be a helluva boat. I do not know the boat or nor do I know the owner, but I do like the set-up, and think it is a great combination and looks nice. My $.02 opinion. And it would more than towable with your truck.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o45036-en.html
Attached Thumbnails First Boat Selection-superboat.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay check out this boat, I have been looking at pachangas for a long time now and considered this last season. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/2878292317.html Now let me say there is not a title for the boat, it could be a hassle maybe not, just be aware. That was the only reason I back away was because it was so far away and If the title was a problem I could not do much about it. These boats are built very well I have been on them before. However they did have some balsa wood which caused some problems, so best to get a survey. But 5k for a pachanga is a really great deal as most are 10k... From the pictures I got the boat looked great. If you want to know a bit more about these PM me. Also add a Baja 24 Sport to your list that would be nice, those boats are a great hull design, some 24 Outlaws go for 13k ....Freshwater too! Good luck in your search.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered

My brother told me there's a Sunsation 24 rocket for 5k on Craigslist grand rapids Michigan section. Needed some motor work. I'll try and find it.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered

That one for 5k was questionable. Found this tho. Call and see what he's got to say.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/2890908367.html
Old 04-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ajexpress
Yes sir. I offered 12k and that was a no go. It's very clean, but how high should I go? 13k tops??
It looks like a nice checkmate. Without seeing it Im thinking $13k or maybe $13500.
Why not tell him about this boat and see if you can use that as leverage to justify the lower price for his boat.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/2893783434.html
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Registered

A quick run down:

Smarty - That boat is nice...but at above my price range....and while I want something with decent performance, I'd like the space under the bow to be useful for something.

Big Boater - Getting titles is a pain....BIG pain. I called the Illinois DMV one time an asked about getting a title if I didn't have one (was looking into something without a title...can't even remember what it was now), and the lady laughed at me on the phone and said don't do it. Also, I like the Pachangas...but most I find have a 454 mated to an alpha...and I'm avoiding that per my instructions on here.

288Kid - The sunsation doesn't look bad...I saw that boat a few weeks ago, and the price continues to drop. Sunsation isn't overly popular around here so it might be lack of name recognition. I'll give him a call this week.

Powerquest - I told him I'd come up to 13K, that was a no too. I love that classic checkmate look, but I'm getting close to needing to cut bait on that one. The only thing I don't like about the boat is the two piece swim platform...would prefer a once piece, but I'd have to have that custom made to fit.

The search continues and thanks again for all the help. I'll report back after I call about that sunsation.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think 15 is high too. 12-13k would be my range. He can sit all summer with an over priced boat, chances are thats what he owes.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

I'd say that both the Checkmate and the Sunsation are fair deals at 12 to 13.
I'd bet with some searching you can find a cleaner Baja, probably perhaps newer with less hours in the same 12 to 13 range.
Not trying to push Baja's on you but during my search I kept coming back to this Mfg because of the affordabilty and the base of ownership. They just seem to be a popular brand with a great following of owners, I'm still a bit confused as to why they're perceived as as stepchildren in the boating community.
After all, children are all children and boats are all boats. Parenting and boat ownership go hand in hand in determining how good a 18 to 21 year old is.

Just my .02

Good luck in your search, I'm certain you'll come up with an awesome boat.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Down at Corvette World looking for another vette, ran across a 96 22 Scarab he traded for, looks clean with some bling, he's asking 19k, but I know it's been there a while, bet he'd work with you ......
Says 0 miles ...... Lol...

Corvetteworlddallas.com Good Luck !!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HotSpare
Down at Corvette World looking for another vette, ran across a 96 22 Scarab he traded for, looks clean with some bling, he's asking 19k, but I know it's been there a while, bet he'd work with you ......
Says 0 miles ...... Lol...

Corvetteworlddallas.com Good Luck !!!!!
The Scarab 22 doesnt have a cabin so it doesnt work for the OP. Also, $19k? they must be crazy! $15k TOPS unless it has a 454 and really low hours!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.