Notices

Bringing some life back to a old 10 meter :D

Old 06-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TooTall
Yeah.... same guy

my Fountain is laid up the same. . . . Top and bottom are glassed together, but not as pretty. I've got a 27ft, and after the recent poker run that was a little over 100 miles, . . . . I'm wanting something a little bigger
I have my 32 for sale, needs power, but looking to make a deal. PM if it interests you.

Originally Posted by sonicss42
Two brothers owned it in the early 90's. They were home builders and part time racers. Used to go on Full Tilt Marine rally's with us back in the day. Will see if I can find old pics. If you need their names I think I can get them foe you.
I am just curious. Seems the boat has a lil history in my area, would be nice to talk to them

John jr
Old 07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We took that boat in trade for a 36 spectre he took all the power 1000s 4 speedmasters with boxes and installed them in the cat,I think it was around 2001 i had the hull surveyed and it checked out ok the only thing he noticed was the bottom sounded different on one side the previous owner had installed 1 new tank and maybe used different foam,so we decided to install a new tank on the other side the center stringer looked fine,we installed a new transom the stringers were fine we installed the bravos with rebuilt merc 500 installed hydromotive 26 4 blades,took the boat for the first sea trial and was amazed how well it ran had and old norskog speedo showed 86-88 mph probably gps speed 80-82 handled great was the nicest riding 10m i have been in
Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
We took that boat in trade for a 36 spectre he took all the power 1000s 4 speedmasters with boxes and installed them in the cat,I think it was around 2001 i had the hull surveyed and it checked out ok the only thing he noticed was the bottom sounded different on one side the previous owner had installed 1 new tank and maybe used different foam,so we decided to install a new tank on the other side the center stringer looked fine,we installed a new transom the stringers were fine we installed the bravos with rebuilt merc 500 installed hydromotive 26 4 blades,took the boat for the first sea trial and was amazed how well it ran had and old norskog speedo showed 86-88 mph probably gps speed 80-82 handled great was the nicest riding 10m i have been in
Great great news to hear. Thanks for posting Did you guys do any work to the bottom of the boat? It looks like it has had some work done to it at some point. I know one thing the G%D D^&M transom assemblies are about impossible to get off. They are stuck good. Was the interior down below all gutted back when you guys did the work? In the final stages of prep work. Stringers still all seem/sound good. We did notice the back bulkhead is a little soft, but nothing were going to even worry about. So then I think with out a doubt it should be a 100mph boat with are 7xx's in there. Thanks again

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 07-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Well, got all the hardware off the back, in the process of sanding it all down, some things I do not like about it, but I guess that is what happens when a boat has been done for over 10 years. It has been to hot an humid to do any sanding or glassing, so I just held off. I did get 2 gallons of white IMRON, should be plenty to do from the rails down to the first strake. Will get some pics up soon.

John jr
Old 08-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I feel I speak for the masses when I say... We NEED MORE PICTURES
Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Finally after getting the transom assemblies off and the trim tabs and steering off must have used crazy glue.The finish under the tabs was all messed up ground out the bad stuff re glassed and filled.Used 3-M premium filler as per glassdave he does know his stuff .That stuff is great to work with.What a job.Now the complete hull is ready for primer.Laid off a few weeks to hot to work.So back on it now.Next will be paint using Emron on hull sides and deck.Just a little update.JOHN SR
Attached Thumbnails Bringing some life back to a old 10 meter :D-photo_4.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Well dad was able to get over today to get a coat of primer on the transom, about 1/2 up each side. Looking better already.

John jr
Attached Thumbnails Bringing some life back to a old 10 meter :D-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered

This is going to be a good one. Do you have a timeframe set to finish? If it looks half as good as that red cc it'll be sick.
Power picked yet?
MD
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by scarab63
This is going to be a good one. Do you have a timeframe set to finish? If it looks half as good as that red cc it'll be sick.
Power picked yet?
MD

Thanks. We are shooting for spring time to be finished. Not in a big rush. Yes we have a pair of 555 dart BBC's that are going in it. They were orig going in the 32 fever, but decided they would be better suited in this, so stock big blocks went in the 32. Will try to getsome pics up in a bit

John jr
Old 09-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Was able to get one side done, still have some to d on the other side, then some block work. Hopefully will have it in paint in a few weeks. Also will have some engine pics up

John jr
Attached Thumbnails Bringing some life back to a old 10 meter :D-boat.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.