My new Nova Marine 24' project

Notices

My new Nova Marine 24' project

Old 05-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghost24
Drives?! Ain't no drives.

The tops of the rudders are good footholds for climbing in. A couple of the small Perko steps would probably make it easy even for the little ones, FWIW. And it'd save a bunch of weight back there, which doesn't hurt with the Nova.
Rudders?! Aint no rudders either.
A bunch of weight? I already tossed the rudders...& 1 engine & driveline.
"Weight" will be a custom platform cored w/ Divinycell, and hung on Mastercraft brackets for easy r&r...so, hardly any weight.
It will look good & serve a purpose...both unlike 22" rims on a old, ugly Mercedes!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

LOL, too funny. (I always thought it would be fun to swap mine out to a BIG single and a Bravo XR. Maybe a 572 at around 500HP. I actually talked about a swim platform too, but got an earful from the crowd. )

That said, it's such a cool boat in original form. I'm psyched to see how her project turns out.

Is there a thread on your CC Nova? I recall hearing that was in the works a few years back, from supernova19.com, but I don't think I ever saw her finished.

Regards,

Mike
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love to buy that Cary if my Chris Craft commander sells.If hubby makes up his mind to sell it.He's like me damned if you do and damned if you don't JOHN SR
Old 05-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ghost24
LOL, too funny. (I always thought it would be fun to swap mine out to a BIG single and a Bravo XR. Maybe a 572 at around 500HP. I actually talked about a swim platform too, but got an earful from the crowd. )

That said, it's such a cool boat in original form. I'm psyched to see how her project turns out.

Is there a thread on your CC Nova? I recall hearing that was in the works a few years back, from supernova19.com, but I don't think I ever saw her finished.

Regards,

Mike
Agree 110%. Cool for sure. If a swim platform nets an earful, I reckon I might just get smoked! Id like to see the OP's Nova as well.

I had started a thread but due to some personal health issues, compounded by wicked travel for work, I asked it be deleted. I went through a bit of a rough time, but back working on it finally.
The cap is on & done, inside almost faired out. Just need to install the console & finish the engine box.
8.1 is ready (a ton of work) & just today had the controls & HV1000 hooked up checking for gremlins....and didnt have any.

I appreciate you asking, means alot-...sorry OP for the digression...
Old 05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Her is some pics finally

Okay like I said I bought this project for the girls, and I made them work hard. Its amazing how those little hands can fit in little places and such.
They work really hard, they only thing dad did was yank the rudders off and over see the engines getting pulled out. Such a man thing you know.

I cannot figure out how to down load pics on this thing.

I will try again later, its 10pm and I am getting some food and a bottle of wine.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

For those of you that do not know my husband and myself we are the most competitive couple you will ever meet. But we thrive on it and that is what makes our life exciting whether its cars, boats or business we are so freaking competitive its the electricity that holds us together.

Okay here is my dilema....

Hubby wants me to paint the hull but that gives me a 32 day life in the water if I am not mistaken with imron. I freakin hate rack storage (just looks so damn hard on the hull) and I use my baby too much for trailering so docking is my thought.

The hull is stripped, clean and the windows are out (new glass on the way) and the frame is ready to get yanked off. The interior is all gone.

My question to you is, the hull is in unbelievable shape. There is one scratch and three chips that I have found above the waterline. The bottom so far has shown no signs of blisters and no spider webs. the previous owner said the boat was always trailered. I am thinking fill and wet sand, especially with it being white. I can put the boat up on my crane and have it done in a few days.

Now for the bad news.... I metered the boat and found one place with moisture. On the right support to the starboard engine stringer. The transom looks rock solid and so do the other engine stringers.

Tomarrow after work I am going to lift all of the floor hatches and start testing them. Everything I am unscrewing seems dry and tight. I just want to make sure everything is solid for the trans to bolt into.

I have found a swim platform and yes it is old school teak. I am also setting it up so it can be pulled off if need be for weight reduction.

I am a total bowtie girl.... and to look at all that blue Holman Moody makes me quake. But I am having faith in the fact that Brownie thought that that is the way to go.

One more question for all of you. I found the original Nova hull tag.... guess what it is totally blank. I have a title with the year as 1969 and a hull number but the tag is blank. Does anyone have any idea why?

Damn I miss being 20 again, all I had to do is bend over and I had all the help I wanted LOL
Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I Believe Brownie went on to be the GM for Holman & Moodys Marine division, Could be some connection there. I kinda like the Bowties my self....Odd
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
I Believe Brownie went on to be the GM for Holman & Moodys Marine division, Could be some connection there. I kinda like the Bowties my self....Odd
They had a nice tribute to H&M over the weekend..

http://pinehurstconcours.com/lee-hol...ours-delegance

http://pinehurstconcours.com/pinehur...eatured-marque
Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Trying to recall mine from memory (no pics). I had a capacity plate (which showed the max hp, etc.) but I'm not sure anymore if that had the hull number or anything else on it. Is that the one you mean? What's your hull number, btw? Mine was 2460.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think you should let your hubby finish the cary first. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.