Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

xo
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Herman1960
I think you should let your hubby finish the cary first. LOL
Your an idiot.... I have nothing to worry about because I will be centered and direct you say yours is going in with just the new engines but I know you. First it will be just one more thing and one more and one more.............................................. ..... Don't worry if you keep filling the tank I will take you for a ride.

Last edited by mewchat; 05-07-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The complete Nova, Motors and all weigh less than the motors he's wanting ...The Cary is cool, But Not 24' Nova Cool
Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well Said Fastdonzi..... could not have said it better my self.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Here are pics of the first day of work.

The girls and Herman and I got quite a bit done. Will post more tomarrow.

This was the first day we worked on it. Now it really looks naked......
Attached Thumbnails My new Nova Marine 24' project-526.jpg   My new Nova Marine 24' project-529.jpg   My new Nova Marine 24' project-530.jpg  

My new Nova Marine 24' project-537.jpg   My new Nova Marine 24' project-538.jpg   My new Nova Marine 24' project-543.jpg  

My new Nova Marine 24' project-544.jpg   My new Nova Marine 24' project-549.jpg   My new Nova Marine 24' project-551.jpg  

My new Nova Marine 24' project-553.jpg  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Those two motors came out of that boat? Looks like two different setups, Water pumps, alternators etc...

Oh, Cute Kids too.....Herm, Not so much......
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Good eye, alternators were changed over to one wire, hubby says I can even handle that.
As for water pumps one bracket is different, slightly cobbled and quite unique.
Thinking of changing it over to a belt drive what do you think?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Leave the crank drive pumps on it.Worst thing in the world to be running a little hard blow a belt of and over heat a motor before you have time to realize it and shut it down.I run cam drives in our fountain and drag boat never have to worry about blowing a belt.The also keep the water pressure down because they are driven a little slower.Just my 2 cents JOHN SR
Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info makes damn good sense now that you mention it.
Im picking up the engines for the cary next week. It will be a nice 10 hour drive there at the Viking plant in NJ. hope to get chnce to look around.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

One of the reasons you don't have any info on the tag because it was built before 1972 so it was never issued a HIN # (until later). Most cases you will be lucky to find a run # painted on the hull somewhere but is probably covered up by the inner liner by now. It will start with a 24_ _. The blanks would be the number of the boat being built. Like a #2469 would mean it was a 24' model and it was the 69th built. Has nothing with the year it was built. As for what a back then (early 1970's) title says ... Just be happy you have a title that is close to the boat's description. My 1959 Biesemeyer, they must have been drunk when applying for the first title. I can see what happened, guy moves to Florida, goes to register his boat from AZ (a no title state), get told he needs a title or he has to fill out this form, he then goes over to the counter and best guesses on the questions and takes it back to the clerk so he can leave with a registration sticker. Then the clerk entered all the information one box over on the title. Answer 1 was in 2's box and 2's answer was in 3's box and on and on. I guess her typewriter was off a smidgen. Total mess. The new title I just got for it has some of the stuff fixed but there is still issues but being even today with all the computer equipment the Gov has I was still able to change things about the boat with no proof beside filling out the form different and I live in a strict state with titles and boats.
Brownie was not a fan of Chevy back then along with the instrument of the devil, the aluminum outdrive and as for MerCruiser, we'll just leave that one alone but don't let that deter you. The race boat has twin BB Chevy's and my 19 has a stroked 496. They all started as Mercruisers at one time. With the parts that are available today the only reason one would go with another motor besides a Chevy is because you like to spend more money then those of that have them. Exhaust manifolds alone for a Ford or Chrysler could easily double the build cost of a Chevy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.