Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock. >

What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock.

Notices

What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock.

Old 02-28-2024, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by green lightning
I have a ZX14 with a turbo that had the speed limiter disabled , The big thing I will tell you don't lift your head above the wind screen at those speeds it will want to rip your helmet off.
GreenLightning,

Come to think of it, I think it was a ZX14 the rider he told me about (262MPH) was riding. It's been a hot minute since we had that convo. We were talking about the 'Busa, though. That I DO remember.

Yup. That's what he was referring to with the "exposed" comment. He said, even at just 200MPH, if you tilt your head up even just a little bit, you can feel the wind trying to suck your head back. He said the helmet is probably not going to do you any good at that speed, but it does keep your ears from bleeding (his words). I guess the buffeting is horrendous. People who have never been at that speed, out in the open, myself included, just simply have no clue. I'm pretty likely to leave it that way.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 88 Posts

Glastron WOW hauling the mail in that boat great video!
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (02-28-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts

The suspense building up, and the display of different approaches to top speed is really something special. Can't believe I hadn't seen this video until now.

Gotta show the Donzi X-18 'Mighty Mouse' that supposedly went North of 125 mph, but then it's a lot tougher to run 125 mph in a shootout format. I know my

younger brother will finally pull the trigger on a Glastron after I share this with him. He's had a problem pulling the trigger on the right one for a year.

The following 5 users liked this post by larslindroth:
105Fountain (03-01-2024), IGetWet (03-01-2024), miller high life (03-01-2024), Smarty (03-01-2024), Twin O/B Sonic (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

Cool videos that I had not seen.

That thing pulls hard when he hammers it!

Tough to out accelerate a light hull.

I love the old video I posted. Have watched it dozens of times.

Some cool old iron.

If you listen, you can hear the Glastron hit the button!

Originally Posted by larslindroth
The suspense building up, and the display of different approaches to top speed is really something special. Can't believe I hadn't seen this video until now.

Gotta show the Donzi X-18 'Mighty Mouse' that supposedly went North of 125 mph, but then it's a lot tougher to run 125 mph in a shootout format. I know my

younger brother will finally pull the trigger on a Glastron after I share this with him. He's had a problem pulling the trigger on the right one for a year.

https://youtu.be/1jKhIXJ0fME?si=uG3LKbxipFQ_s-tu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woQPJ_QY6Bg

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 03-01-2024 at 05:46 AM.
larslindroth (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Thats impressive!!!!
Old 03-01-2024, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I remember the boat and saw it on Barnegat Bay back in the day. That was a cool Donzi.
larslindroth (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 599 Likes on 243 Posts

[QUOTE=Twin O/B Sonic;4891964]Love this video!

From back in the day but shows you what really ran what, in smaller boats anyhow.

Watch to the end as you won’t believe what was fastest or how fast he went.

[/QUOTE
Is that a little Sidewinder jet running 91 mph
The following 2 users liked this post by tommymonza:
AmiableDave (03-01-2024), Smarty (03-01-2024)