Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock. >

What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock.

Notices

What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

I was told my boat was equipped with Gale Banks turbo motors from factory. Don't know speeds or too many details but i thought it was pretty cool. Still has the gale banks valve covers.

Last edited by 12meter joe; 02-27-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Stephen,

As stated many times before, that action picture of your father in Hairy Canary says it all and just looking at the attitude of the hull flying above the water with
very little wetted surface it had to be dialed in perfectly!.......Did your father have to compensate with any ballast up front because of the heavier BB's to stern?
Did the BB's through the CG off at all?...............I can't see SB's pushing a 27' sport up and out of the water like that.......must have had tremendous torque!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He had that thing set up for sure !! Jersey offshore snot didn't hurt either !
Old 02-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
I was told my boat was equipped with Gale Banks turbo motors from factory. Don't know speeds or too many details but is thought it was pretty cool. Still has the gale banks valve covers.
Here is how the first of Reggie's boats ran with turbo's..
Attached Thumbnails What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock.-executioner-h2o.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
105Fountain (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 86 Formula 272 with twin 320 EFI's and Alpha SS Drives hit between 70-75. That was VERY quick for the times.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Here is how the first of Reggie's boats ran with turbo's..
I don't know if this boat was one of a kind or if there were many made with that paint and turbo's and SSM II ? I rode on this boat or one just like it on St. Clair around 93-94. It belonged to a very good friends older brother. It was the very difficult to plane as I think the drives had a raised X. Secondly the turbo's has almost no low end torque, after the hull planed the throttles went up and the boat gradually gained momentum and speed......and more ...and more...I think the Nordskog speedo read 89 or 90mph and it was the fast! The fastest I had been on water at that point. However he did stuff a Hatteras wake and sent me out of the left bolster through the teak cabin doors..however still a great ride and it was fast!!!
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2014, 01:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by topprop
I don't know if this boat was one of a kind or if there were many made with that paint and turbo's and SSM II ? I rode on this boat or one just like it on St. Clair around 93-94. It belonged to a very good friends older brother. It was the very difficult to plane as I think the drives had a raised X. Secondly the turbo's has almost no low end torque, after the hull planed the throttles went up and the boat gradually gained momentum and speed......and more ...and more...I think the Nordskog speedo read 89 or 90mph and it was the fast! The fastest I had been on water at that point. However he did stuff a Hatteras wake and sent me out of the left bolster through the teak cabin doors..however still a great ride and it was fast!!!
Joe was it doc Larry Vandamen boat? It looked ruff back around 1989 but it was fast. There was one more Executioner on Lake St Clair that needed lots of work, a friend of mine Terry bought it & now has it in restoration. I was going to buy it but thats when I found my Magnum sport so I passed it on to Terry. Terry is the guy who had the P-111 LaSalle 29' Mirage that Dave Bass now has. Mark
Attached Thumbnails What are some of the fastest old-school boats out there, stock.-ex-cal.jpg  
Old 02-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe was it doc Larry Vandamen boat? It looked ruff back around 1989 but it was fast. There was one more Executioner on Lake St Clair that needed lots of work, a friend of mine Terry bought it & now has it in restoration. I was going to buy it but thats when I found my Magnum sport so I passed it on to Terry. Terry is the guy who had the P-111 LaSalle 29' Mirage that Dave Bass now has. Mark
One of them sat at Huron pointe marine In the in-out storage. Never saw it leave the rack. Late eighties?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Original owner of that boat was Emke.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original Fountain from the brochure above is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtWDywAXZY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.