38 Flatdecks>>> Cig or Scarab?????? >

38 Flatdecks>>> Cig or Scarab??????

Notices

38 Flatdecks>>> Cig or Scarab??????

Old 10-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zombiescustoms
Yes, and I will have to find a white sports jacket to wear with my t-shirt!
You will have to go with Pastel colors to be like Sonny !
Old 10-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

I believe that I have found a trailer for the Cig, I'm going to be scheduling a survey after I make him an offer on it. Its local, and I have talked to people on here that know the boat and got some good feedback on it, hopefully I will be getting some late October boating in on it!!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Best of luck with going after the Cig. Hopefully it all works out
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Registered

I took the wife and kids down to look at the Cig today, and was able to really dig around on it, it definitely needs some work on the interior in the cockpit area, its usable, but its got alot of wear (to be expected from original 1984 stuff) I did find the frame that holds the bottom of the rear seat is rotten, so I hope that nothing else is. All the trim and drive indicator cables need replaced. The guy has it listed for 25k, he has already come down 3k with out me even bringing up money, with the work it needs and the fact it needs a trailer, what should I offer him? I'm sure he has 18-20k in the motors, but what is one of these old things worth done? I would say it needs an easy 6-8k of work to be real nice.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Depending on condition of the hull and drives 18-22 is fair. I've paid 10 for one with no power or interior.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:01 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by zombiescustoms
I took the wife and kids down to look at the Cig today, and was able to really dig around on it, it definitely needs some work on the interior in the cockpit area, its usable, but its got alot of wear (to be expected from original 1984 stuff) I did find the frame that holds the bottom of the rear seat is rotten, so I hope that nothing else is. All the trim and drive indicator cables need replaced. The guy has it listed for 25k, he has already come down 3k with out me even bringing up money, with the work it needs and the fact it needs a trailer, what should I offer him? I'm sure he has 18-20k in the motors, but what is one of these old things worth done? I would say it needs an easy 6-8k of work to be real nice.
offer him 15k and go from there.its a buyers market out there and hard to sell a old boat with winter coming etc.all he can say is no.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

That was my thinking as well
Old 10-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Zombie, did ya make a deal?
Old 10-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Registered

Just got done looking at the Cig one last time, giong to make an offer tonight.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 372 Likes on 250 Posts

it was also on my project boat list! But I'll let you grab it! just too far for me to go see it in this period of the year!!!

if only people selling all had a recent, a good survey on their boat to present, I'M sure many older boats would move a lot faster !

far from home, no hull survey, no mecanical inspection data, not enough time to organize all this easily, makes buying tougher...

Back a couple years, i paid for 3 survey, on 3 different boats, that were all bad, owner did not want to pay the survey even if his boat was not as good as stated...

I'm done! next one I buy, seller will have to prove me his boat is good, and pay for it! hell, I paid over 1000$ and got nothing except wasting my time!

Good luck and let me know !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.