Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
classic  oldschool wide 24 cigarette vs original 24 martini, where do i start >

classic oldschool wide 24 cigarette vs original 24 martini, where do i start

Notices

classic oldschool wide 24 cigarette vs original 24 martini, where do i start

Old 07-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill, here it is, outside and inside. The mufflers are customs from GGB (great place). Jerry at Stainless Marine is fantastic--he fabbed the long risers. I drew it up and they fit on the first shot. Off-the-shelf Corsa tips with both internal and external flaps. The internal flaps annoy some folks but on my setup, with them partially submerged, they're not so noticeable. Waterline is right across the Corsa logo on the external flaps, so about 1/2 to 2/3 of the 4" pipe is underwater at rest. If I did another, I might set it up like I think Parnell did with his Donzi 21GT, where the full pipe was submerged. I'd like to hear a setup like that.

Between the geometry and the mufflers, mine's very tame to listen to. Makes it easy to go in and out of the marina late at night without bothering anyone, and keeps the DNR happy.

Here's a video with some sound, if it works...

http://vid465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/Ghost06061968/IMG_1075_zpszjyltusj.mp4

Last edited by Ghost24; 07-17-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is so cool. It sounds perfect running at speed! Thanks for the pictures and video.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 244 Posts

Anyone have any idea who owns or where this 25 Martini is located?
Old 07-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I don't know but it sure is pretty!

Padraig
Old 07-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza

Anyone have any idea who owns or where this 25 Martini is located?
Wow.. this takes me back. I actually remember this boat. It was in the late 1970s, originally being showcased in a little marina/showroom/sales/dealership sort of place near the corner of Biscayne Blvd and NE 135th St. in North Miami. I was 16-years-old, attending college (graduated HS early) and spent afternoons working on the boats. There were many days I would be stuck under a boat scraping off barnacles .. NOT a fun job, by the way.

Still, I do seem to remember one man who happened to have a brown paper bag filled with copper slugs - I used them to get free sodas out of the machine at the marina - I think he was the person who may have originally bought that boat.

If this was you... This may be 40 years late, but thank you for those copper slugs. And... Do you remember Miss Italia? (She was the 7M boat we used to run out of that marina for test runs ... aka: MY BOAT! ... LOL)

An interesting note about Miss Italia and how she is relevant to the topic of this entire thread... She was one of the original Martini's and - as a stock boat - managed to finish 2nd in the Gator Nationals. The Budweiser Cigarette 7M - complete with an array of after market add-ons and accessories - managed to win by only a few feet. When the race was over, Miss Italia was able to run back on her own power, the cigarette boat was lifted out of the water, due to blown gaskets and trailered back to undergo a complete engine rebuild.

Please note: to reiterate, Miss Italia was one of the first originals of Martini's 7M boats. The 2nd generation Martini's saw more improvements, PLUS the addition of the 9M boats.