1969 Sea Ray Pachanga Restoration

Notices

1969 Sea Ray Pachanga Restoration

Old 01-26-2017, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

save your pennies, you've got time, this is a cool project,

don't paint it have the gel matched and repaired where it needs,

the rest may buff out real nice w/ the right compound.

don't get in a hurry and blow paint on this boat,
you will regret it later

put up some more pics showing the whole boat

Last edited by outonsafari; 01-26-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a few more thing done the other weekend. Floor is in the boat. The whole thing is covered with a layer of csm and tabbed in around the edges with a layer of 1708 biax. Before I set the floor on top of the stringers I made sure the edges were coated with plenty of resin to seal any exposed wood, then I made a little channel with duct tape so the peanut butter resin would not fall off as I squirted it onto the stringers. Notice the two wood straps on the bottom side of the floor, the outer stringers ended up sitting slightly lower than the inners, so I had to make a half inch "spacer" to compensate. I used some bondo to make filets for them and glassed over each one with a layer of csm followed by the final layer over the whole floor. The butt joint where the two floor peices meet has a layer of 1708 biax on each side, plus the half inch wood straps on the bottom tie it in. It is very strong. (don't mind the dust it was clean when the glass was being layed lol)

Old 02-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outonsafari
save your pennies, you've got time, this is a cool project,

don't paint it have the gel matched and repaired where it needs,

the rest may buff out real nice w/ the right compound.

don't get in a hurry and blow paint on this boat,
you will regret it later

put up some more pics showing the whole boat
I will try to get some pictures of the entire boat next time I am working on it. It has crossed my mind several times to try and bring the original gel back, it is in decent shape for its age, but there are a lot of areas that need holes filled from previous windshields, mirrors, ladders and whatever else people mounted on this thing over the years. If I end up redoing the entire hull, i am not sure if I am going to go with a re-gel or paint. Whatever get done I am going to make sure it is done right with the right materials. I have not done much research on this yet so any input is appreciated.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

We had two different ones back in the day. My dad bought a new one in the early 70s with the jet drive/455 Olds and later we bought one that was repainted with a big block and a TRS. The first one was yellow with yellow seats and the windshield. The 2nd was painted silver and the windshield came with it but not on it. I would love to have one now, they were so cool. Still have the original brochure for the first one. Good luck with this, it will be worth your trouble.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess it couldn't have been a TRS, no room for the trans. It must have been the stock drive that came with the 327.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Registered

Pachanga's are neat boats with a long history
Old 09-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 590 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by kevlar382
We had two different ones back in the day. My dad bought a new one in the early 70s with the jet drive/455 Olds and later we bought one that was repainted with a big block and a TRS. The first one was yellow with yellow seats and the windshield. The 2nd was painted silver and the windshield came with it but not on it. I would love to have one now, they were so cool. Still have the original brochure for the first one. Good luck with this, it will be worth your trouble.
I remember that silver pachanga running around Holland in the mid to late 70s. Sounded pretty good for the day.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts

Great resto object. Best of luck.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

22 Pachanga was one of the "best of both worlds" boats ever built. Respectable performance on stock power, upper level build construction, fit and finish that one would expect from a quality builder such as Sea Ray. I had a 32 Pac and have many hours of great on water memories with my son in that boat, times that I will never again in my lifetime even begin to replicate. I'd give a nut to have a 22 Pac in the toy box today.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Registered

Update on some progress for those that were following this. Been awhile since Ive been on here but chipping away at this project as much as I can. Here are some pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.