Cobalt XV-200 >

Cobalt XV-200

Notices

Cobalt XV-200

Old 09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
Cool video! You have to be a paying member to post pics, but you can use links. I've tried to contact Mr. Siegert without much luck. I've located a blue one in Kansas, but I'm not sure the guy will sell.
Hey Nick - Sorry the contact number for Wayne Siegert was not current. I tried it after seeing this (thinking I may have gave you the wrong number) and got a "number disconnected" message. If it helps Wayne's company name is/was
Siegert Transportation Services
6817 Stadium Drive
Kansas City, MO 64129

His card also has a fax number of 816-923-3354. The fax number still goes through with the tell-tale squeeks & squelches so maybe sending a fax would work????

Good Luck!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Travis. I'll track him down eventually.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 AM
Registered

Is the red one you're talking about "at your lake" the red one you mentioned above (that belonged to the owner of Cobalt Boats (Pack St. Clair))?

Is it a red deck and white stripe or white deck and red stripe?

Just curious; that might be one I didn't know about if it's not St. Clair's boat.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Registered

Hey Andy -- I'm curious. Who told you there was only one yellow one made?

It makes you wonder, the only colors I've seen more that one of are:
white deck with orange stripe
white deck with red stripe, and white deck with blue stripe.

Nick -- no one has mentioned the XV-500 except you briefly above. Have you ever seen one of those? It's the copy of Donzi's 18-2+3 for readers that aren't familiar with the story.

I was actually (for 20 plus years) becoming convinced that none were ever even built because, though one of the very early Cobalt catalogs showed the XV-200, XV-500, and GT-500 in artist conception drawings that mimicked the Donzi catalog's photo pics of the same years, I had only been able to locate a handful of the XV-200's and GT-500's but no XV-500's after 20 years of looking, mailings, internet, etc.
Then I finally latched on to another early Cobalt catalog that I didn't know existed that had an actual photo picture of an XV-500 in it! I was very surprised! So I know there was at least one made.

With regard to the GT-500's (copy of the DONZI Corsican 18'), I have found a handful of those. I think maybe 4 or 5 now. There were rumors that there were only about 10 of the GT-500's built.

My number (mentioned above) of 40 total for the XV-200's like mine and Andy's is based on a letter I got from Pack St. Clair back in 1985 when I sent a letter requesting info. about the boats. That letter (on fancy Cobalt Marine stationary and signed by Pack) is in my scrap book! Pack responded to it himself with minimal information, but the words "probably only 40 of the one you own" (the XV-200) are part of the letter. Pretty neat stuff.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

More Cobalt "stuff:"

Link to a powder blue decked diesel Volvo XV-200 (a non-original repower)
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=Cobalt

Link to a GT500 (Green)

Old link to some pics of mine – Oh, forgot to mention, mine is the only one I’ve seen with a windshield although I remove it periodically…

A couple more XV-200’s (a red striper and a blue striper) that were at a Cobalt gathering somewhere (used to be on the Cobalt web site a few years back):

There’s a lot of info on the Donzi Registry page about these boats if you do a search there for “Cobalt.”
Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered

And one more link to pics (pic) of my XV-200:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...984&PN=1&TPN=1
Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered

Most of the information I'm getting is coming second hand from my dad. He claims to have seen an XV-500, but says they did not make many (less then 5). He's also ridden in half a dozen of the XV-200s. I showed him a picture of the green GT-500, and he had never seen one of those. Do all of the GT-500's have the hump on the deck?

The one on Grand Lake is white with a red stripe, and yes Mr. Sinclair owns it. It wasn't on his dock this year, but I assume he has it stashed somewhere. Hopefully I will get a chance to talk with him about these boats sometime as his lake house is just up the street from ours.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered

That's pretty cool you live near St. Clair. They say, despite the huge success of the company, he's still a real nice down to earth guy.
Yes, the GT-500's would all look like that (with the raised deck) as they are copies of the DONZI 18' Corsican (just like the XV-200 is a copy of the DONZI 16' Classic (or, as they have been named through the decades, since their beginning, "Ski Sporter" and later "Sweet 16")).
How did your Dad have opportunity to ride in all those XV-200's? Did he work at Cobalt? I think you mentioned above he was involved with a dealership?

Last edited by 69XV200; 09-19-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered

Big Andy -- you mentioned above that a dealer offered to buy the boat from you 3 years ago, but you declined.

How long have you had your XV-200 and what would you sell it for?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Hey everyone. I am also looking for a Cobalt XV or GT series boat.

My father owns a Cobalt dealership in Lake George that he founded in 1982, and he's been looking for an XV for a long time now.

I'm working my tail off trying to find one for sale.

Nick, were you interested in the restoration project xv?

If not, I'd definitely like to get some info on it, because we're willing to purchase one in any shape!

Quick Reply: Cobalt XV-200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.