Notices

Cobalt XV-200

Old 04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy Smokes and others

Just got verbal provinance that my boat was "liberated" from
the factory before all of the hulls were to be destroyed in the
Donzi lawsuit. It was finished by 2 employees as a V Drive that Cobalt had plans to produce.

It is a one of a kind and I want to find a home that will restore
it back to showroom condition. Factory trailer and NIB parts
go with it.

Anyone can call me at 913 208 8276

Wayne Siegert
Kansas City
Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Still looking for a home for my 1970 Cobalt. talked with a guy
in Springfield Mo that had some verbal provinance on my boat.

Said it was "liberated" from the Cobalt Factory before all of
the unfinished hulls were destroyed in the Donzi lawsuit and
finished at home by a couple of employees who wanted to complete the V-Drive prototype they were scheduled to make.

I want to find a good home for this boat before I am tempted
to complete the restoration ( paint is the only thing it needs)
and keep it forever.

If you find anyone interested please let me know

Thanks

Wayne Siegert
913 208 8276
[email protected]
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

Default Looking for vintage cobalt

I'm a lover of cobalt boats. I own and use 3 of them. I'm looking to collect older cobalts and maybe rare newer cobalts. Any advice, suggestions, or leads would be appreciated.
Kevin

[email protected]
Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered

Kevin

are you the Canadian I talked with about my 1970 Cobalt??

Thanks
Wayne
913 208 8276
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
I'm looking for a Cobalt XV-200 (16 foot) or XV-500 (18ft). Does anyone on here have one or know where one is located? Cobalt did these boats in the late 60s and early 70s, and they are basically knock offs of the Donzi sweet 16. I've only seen a few in my lifetime and there was probably less then 50-100 ever built as I believe Donzi promtly sued over the design. My dad is a Cobalt nut, and would really like to find one. If any one has one or even knows of one, let me know. Thanks.
Did you ever find one of these XV-200s. I have one that I bought because it looked cool. I have no idea how much they are worth.... I mean no idea. I would be very interested in how much they go for. You can also e-mail me [email protected].
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mack Baker
Did you ever find one of these XV-200s. I have one that I bought because it looked cool. I have no idea how much they are worth.... I mean no idea. I would be very interested in how much they go for. You can also e-mail me [email protected].
My old man is looking/waiting for the "right" one as he says. He is far more patient then me. What do you have?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
My old man is looking/waiting for the "right" one as he says. He is far more patient then me. What do you have?
White with a blue stripe. This one has a 4 cylinder Mercrusier. All the pictures I have seen of the XV-200s have thruogh hole exhast with Volvos. This one was never had through hole exhast. I wanted to find out if the Mercruiser was original but I found that boats before 1972 do not have A HIN. I have the title and the numbers on the engine and outdrive match the title but I think tht stuff can be changed. I grew up on boats in Puget Sound, Wa. I have owned 20 or so boats in my life. I am an outboard guy. This is the first I.O. A good friend of mine here in Austin said I had to buy this boat and he is an I.O.guy so he is helping me with the bellows, u joints, resealing the lower unit..... all that stuff. Do you know of a way to find out what came on this boat out of the factory? This boat will be a blast to redo if that is how the chips fall for me. But I would really like to find out more. Any and all information you would be willing to share with me would be awesome. I have read as much as I can on the computer. I saw the pictures of the ones on the Dozi site and have seen the green one on you tube. Thankyou very much.
Mack
Old 06-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The history of the Cobalt XV-200 was rather short lived, as you may have discovered. Cobalt developed (likely copied) the then popular Donzi's and made their own version. Donzi quickly pursued Cobalt to halt production, but it was too late. Several boats had already made it to the dealers and some consumers.

Would love to see your's. Post some pictures when you can.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Holy Smokes
The history of the Cobalt XV-200 was rather short lived, as you may have discovered. Cobalt developed (likely copied) the then popular Donzi's and made their own version. Donzi quickly pursued Cobalt to halt production, but it was too late. Several boats had already made it to the dealers and some consumers.

Would love to see your's. Post some pictures when you can.
Holy Smokes,
How is the big Cobalt working out for you? I found two more XV-200s in Independence, KS of all places. Neither are for sale. Pac just finished redoing a bubble deck 18 footer. I believe it is a a GT-500 model with 350 HP. Very rare and cool little boat! Still hunting one for my pop. He was not interested in the V-drive.

nick
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The 293 is spoiling us with amenities. In fact, last weekend we had the genset and AC running in the cabin. However, the ride from the old Cigarette was much, much better for the waters at LOTO.

Who has the two in Indy? I'd like to keep my eye out for one too. I found out the V-drive one on this thread went to Canada. I'd love to see that GT-500.

How's your Cig running these days?

Quick Reply: Cobalt XV-200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.