Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cobalt
343 Cobalt Outboard Open Bow Conversion >

343 Cobalt Outboard Open Bow Conversion

Notices

343 Cobalt Outboard Open Bow Conversion

Old 11-30-2023, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1,916 Likes on 749 Posts

I’ve always considered Cobalts to be near the top of the food chain for a production boat.

Always been i
pressed w/what I’ve seen.

And the transom looks great!
Old 11-30-2023, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 450 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
So I think you might be the right guy to ask this question, what is truly your opinion of the cobalt, the way they're put together, build quality, been thinking about getting one just don't know much about them, I understand the hardware they use seems to be better than others, I'm just wondering about the boat itself how it's put together, is the deck and hull fiberglass together? Thank you.
I have had two Cobalts in the past. For a mass production lake boat they are fantastic. Well built, well designed, and idiot proof. Back in the day when I did deliveries for the local Cobalt dealer I always showed new owners the "Cobalt turn". Full throttle and full lock turn at speed. Those things turned like ski boats. The only problem I had was the colored gel coat graphics. Cobalt was proud of the fact that the colors were in the gelcoat, but they would begin to fade almost instantly with any sun exposure.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Looking great as usual Don. I hope you and Amanda are doing well. I saw you picked up that 21 Shadow from the NE. Thanks again for thinking of me with the 24 Superboat. I needed a cabin. I found a Unicorn 23' Kryptonite with 300XS this summer. We need you to start a thread with all of the hulls you have customized over the years. You truly are an artist. Give Amanda my best. Bob
Old 11-30-2023, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
So I think you might be the right guy to ask this question, what is truly your opinion of the cobalt, the way they're put together, build quality, been thinking about getting one just don't know much about them, I understand the hardware they use seems to be better than others, I'm just wondering about the boat itself how it's put together, is the deck and hull fiberglass together? Thank you.
1st off I just want to say that I am by no means an expert in Fiberglass or the construction of boats. I have cut into a few over the years (Skater's, Doug Wright's, Fountain's and few others) and I will say I am very impressed they way this model of Cobalt is built. The above comments are correct that the structure of the boat is mostly wood free but the cabin area has wood in it.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Looking great as usual Don. I hope you and Amanda are doing well. I saw you picked up that 21 Shadow from the NE. Thanks again for thinking of me with the 24 Superboat. I needed a cabin. I found a Unicorn 23' Kryptonite with 300XS this summer. We need you to start a thread with all of the hulls you have customized over the years. You truly are an artist. Give Amanda my best. Bob
Hi Bob, all is well here in Florida. Yep in the middle of rigging the 21 shadow (Amanda's boat she says) with a flashed 350 Verado. Should be on the water next week. A 23 Kryptonite is an amazing boat, enjoy. I have almost lost count on how many boats we have had in the last 15 years. LOL. Talk to you soon.
The following users liked this post:
bulletbob (11-30-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Status? The suspense of how it will sit in the water is killing me.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 22 Posts

Subscribing to follow along, looking good, keep the pictures coming. I bought the Imco parts off this boat from you.
Old 12-20-2023, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stitch King
Status? The suspense of how it will sit in the water is killing me.
Well the last month has been busy on other projects. We just splashed my wife's boat and it runs really well. Now I will roll this one back out and start working on it. Can't do much until the CC sells. Really surprised it has not sold yet, maybe because of the holidays. We will see over the next couple of weeks. Merry Christmas to the cobalt family.

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 12-21-2023 at 06:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Maritime_Eng:
larslindroth (01-19-2024), rak rua (12-20-2023)
Old 12-21-2023, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

That Shadow sure does look good on your prettier half. How does it run with 400 hp and what prop worked best for you? I have a new friend with a 23' Krypto like myself with the same power as your Shadow (flashed 350SCI to 400). He is at 85+ now looking to hit 90 with prop change. Merry warm Christmas to you both!

B
Old 02-26-2024, 06:09 AM
Registered

So just an update to the project. The Active Thunder officially sold over the weekend and the new owner took delivery. Now we are going to be moving on this project!
Does anyone have a good painter anywhere in Florida south of Orlando? I will need to have the bottom paint removed and then the entire boat painted Pear White.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.