Notices

Oil Extraction System

Old 09-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never have imagined the oil drain hose could have extended into the lower unit or prop. Anything can be screwed up if we try hard enough.
This oil pan drain hose system is the simplest, easiest, and cleanest system I have seen or used.
If the hose can be extended through the hull drain tube, life is great. If you must pump from the hose, life is good.

Note: the Jabsco reversible $200 system is a very good tool. It is however, top heavy, even filled with oil. After the first use it will always have some oil in it.
I will leave that to your imagination, with the comment that a little oil goes a long way, and 5 to 10 qts. will run out the back of your van.

The vacuum systems are really great, because when closed, they do not leak.

Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
ThisIsLivin (05-28-2020)
Old 09-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt
This is the greatest thing I ever bought [ATTACH=CONFIG]526221[/ATTACH]
+1 !! I installed one of these in my boat about a month ago. With three engines, oil changes were pretty time consuming. This unit is fantastic!! Used to take about 2+ hours.. had to hook up the manual pump to drain hose, hook the pump leads to the battery.. drain the oil, disconnect the pump without spilling oil, do the next engine, etc..

This weekend, I had to change the oil on one engine. Came back after running for the day.. engine was nice and hot.. drained the engine completely in less than a few minutes.. new filter, new oil.. no mess.. about 15 minutes start to finish. Great investment..
Old 09-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The $140 harbor freight diesel fuel pumps get down . Might have to prime it to move room temp oil but will pump out 5 qts through dipstick tube in about 30-45 sec .runs off 12v worth its weight in gold for serviceing supercharged jet skii also
Old 09-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
This is what you need. Yeah, a bit pricey but they last forever. I've had mine for 25 yrs.

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/brow...97/4,6280.html

I have the same one. I swear I have to change the fu%^!ng impellor every time I use it. Went with a diaphragm pump and never an issue since.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
If you take the oil drain plug out what you need to do is take a Prestone empty jug and cut a huge square in the side of the jug. Next place that under your oil pan laying down flat with the cut square opening facing up. Take your oil drain plug out and let the oil drain into the jug , while the jug is filling up, use your oil extractor to suck that oil out of the jug while it is draining. When your oil has completely drained form the pan suck the last drops up with you oil extractor or use the oil pick up sheets, then pull the jug out. No mess at all.

Also it is wise to buy an oil drain hose to replace the oil drain plug. You can use a connector to that oil drain hose from your oil extractor to drain the motor oil out. We do this on all wake board boats as the oil drain hose is not long enough to go thru the water drain plug hole in the transom. Again all oil or most gets drain from the oil pan and no mess.

If you want a pump that really can suck and fuels as well google the Slurper. many marine shops use this as well. I use to have one many years ago.

Also www.liquidynamics.com many shops use this as well.
BUP, do you know if that site is still selling slurpers? Or if they are even still being made? I used a friends for years and am thinking I need to get my own. By far the fastest and easiest way I’ve ever changed oil.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Replace drain plug with a 36” hyd line and pump it out from there
Old 05-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nautisouth
i think the op is looking for an oil extractor which screws onto his dipstick tube, rather than one that inserts a smaller tube down the dipstick tube. I have a friend looking for one of these was well. Anybody know where to get one?

dont know the part number but (assuming mercury motors) any mercury dealer can get one....
Old 05-30-2020, 12:57 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by NautiSouth
I think the OP is looking for an oil extractor which screws onto his dipstick tube, rather than one that inserts a smaller tube down the dipstick tube. I have a friend looking for one of these was well. Anybody know where to get one?
These like many with Volvo Penta ‘s use ?
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-30-2020, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazon Amazon
Not fun with hot oil, burns hands, or cold oil, burns triceps.
I use a Mity Vac and hot oil.
https://www.tooldiscounter.com/produ...44fa7d355ceb0a

Last edited by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA; 05-30-2020 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Guys, I revived a nearly six year old thread looking for a specific product. I would hope by now the op has figured out how he is doing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.