Notices

Throttle conversion

Old 03-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks a million times better. Nice work!
Old 03-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike77
Finally got the new Kiekhaefer throttles installed. As you pointed out the old unit was a Morse and therefore no cable change was required. I got lucky and the throttle set I got had a set of four cable ends with it.

All I had to do was enlarge the mounting hole, attach the cable ends and cables, and adjust the rigging a small amount for all four cables. Very straightforward job. Thanks for the advice.

Mike

Looks great! Just watch out not to grab the wrong lever. My first dual lever, I had in reverse and tried to put in neutral and grabbed wrong lever.. vvvrrrooommm... didnt hit anything, but it was close!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike77
Finally got the new Kiekhaefer throttles installed. As you pointed out the old unit was a Morse and therefore no cable change was required. I got lucky and the throttle set I got had a set of four cable ends with it.

All I had to do was enlarge the mounting hole, attach the cable ends and cables, and adjust the rigging a small amount for all four cables. Very straightforward job. Thanks for the advice.

Mike

Where did you find yours, I need one for a 77 scarab 300.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Registered

Ebay
Old 05-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

I'm not sure what to look for. I have the same style throttle you had, I have TRS drives and they shift electronically. Most of what I have found shifts with a cable. Any suggestions?
Here's some photos of what I've got.

img hosting

jpg images

upload a picture
Ignore the horibe wiring the boat is under construction!

Last edited by koryk; 05-06-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by koryk
I'm not sure what to look for. I have the same style throttle you had, I have TRS drives and they shift electronically. Most of what I have found shifts with a cable. Any suggestions?
Unfortunately, no. My setup was 4-cable, two for throttles and two for mechanical transmission shift. I have not seen an electrically shifting setup. The only electrical in my setup are the switches for starter lockout, when not in neutral.

Mike