38zr comp ? >

38zr comp ?

Notices

38zr comp ?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd do it if you were a bit closer to home (LOTO) how 'bout you trailer yours down to Miami and we can go for a run sooner? BTW I also own a 38ZR w/525's but would really like to see how the ZRC would compare.

(My 38ZR is for sale if anyone's interested...it's listed w/Pier 57)
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Omerta, how would you compare you ZR to your 39 Cig??? Honestly. Yea, there have not been many problems with the NXT drive. Alot more reliable than a Bravo!!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 01-09-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Omerta, how would you compare you ZR to your 39 Cig??? Honestly. Yea, there hant been many problems with the NXT drive. Alot more reliable than a Bravo!!
They are hard to compare when you consider the price difference; kind of like being asked to compare a Lamborghini to a Corvette. Also difficult because the power and drives are so different; 525 / ITS Bravo to 700Sci / NXT. The Cig is by far the faster, more agile, and better riding boat of the 2, but that doesn't mean the Donzi is bad...just different.

The best example I can give is when my wife went for her first ride in the Cig...Saturday of Labor Day on LOTO...nasty washing machine rough. We crossed a big wake and went airborne; she had white knuckles and was bracing for the impact...when we landed she just stared at me for a bit and now understands why I wanted the Cig. It feels and rides much more solidly (not to mention the "bling" factor)...but at twice the price.

Another is the KW run we did in November...last segement was 90 miles from Islamorada to KW on the outside in 2-3's. I had six people in the boat and we were cruising at 75-85, save for Tom in the Maximus and Ktron in his 700 39TG like mine...nobody went by (the Cats were in a different group). Others could run as fast or faster, but not for the duration. I think that's one of the strong attributes of the Cig with the NXT's.

I'd really like to sea trial a 700 ZRC though...they are bad lookin' mothers and I imagine a much different boat than the ZR. Do you know what they run top end with 700's?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it seems the drives are not failing but if the x dimension is high it seems to take its toll on the gear box. cpc
Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
They are hard to compare when you consider the price difference; kind of like being asked to compare a Lamborghini to a Corvette. Also difficult because the power and drives are so different; 525 / ITS Bravo to 700Sci / NXT. The Cig is by far the faster, more agile, and better riding boat of the 2, but that doesn't mean the Donzi is bad...just different.

The best example I can give is when my wife went for her first ride in the Cig...Saturday of Labor Day on LOTO...nasty washing machine rough. We crossed a big wake and went airborne; she had white knuckles and was bracing for the impact...when we landed she just stared at me for a bit and now understands why I wanted the Cig. It feels and rides much more solidly (not to mention the "bling" factor)...but at twice the price.

Another is the KW run we did in November...last segement was 90 miles from Islamorada to KW on the outside in 2-3's. I had six people in the boat and we were cruising at 75-85, save for Tom in the Maximus and Ktron in his 700 39TG like mine...nobody went by (the Cats were in a different group). Others could run as fast or faster, but not for the duration. I think that's one of the strong attributes of the Cig with the NXT's.

I'd really like to sea trial a 700 ZRC though...they are bad lookin' mothers and I imagine a much different boat than the ZR. Do you know what they run top end with 700's?
Thanks! The 700 ZRC will run 115mph.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I can't make it down to Florida with the boat, however I will be on the Islamirada run with my friend Charlie and would gladly bench race at the bar over a couple cocktails.
As for the new 38Zrc w/700's, it is an amazing boat. It tops at 115 but what was more impressive, is the overall way it runs. It accellerates like a demon and handles like it is on rails. Last year @ Islamirada I was with the Typhoon Crew and they brought their new 700 38 Comp. With 5 big guys, a full load of fuel, and 85 degrees the boat still broke 110. Even better was carving turns at 95-100mph and the boat didn't skip a beat.
My favorite part about the comps is the way they fly staight and true. All those things is what sold me on the Comp versus a Gladiator.
I have never been in a 39 Cig but have been in a few 38's and I never liked the way they launched nose high. I'm sure the stagger balances the boat much better.
I love Cigarette's but like you said at double the price I can't swallow that right now. Besides, I like a sit down boat and I am looking for max poker run performance. My package gets me a top speed of 103ish with a 70 - 80 cruising speed. During the Sarasota Run this Fall I had no problem running with the 700 Zr's.
Down the road I would like to have Ron Potter build me a couple 777 n/a motors which should get me to the 115 mark.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

The Gladitors fly straight and true as well!! The ZR's are bad ass though with an exceptional hull!! You cant go wrong with the 700 package on either boat.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NXT's break regularly if you put 6 blade Herrings on them, and then chase my Comp ZR on the big stuff. In my neck of the woods, the "beak" boats break them regularly. Again, it is a 6 blade Herring issue in the big stuff. The transmission will fail for sure!!!!! The Bravos live only because the weight of the boat is low. Bravo's in a cabined 38 of any brand are junk.

As far as comparable performance, my 575 version is a better comparison to a 700 equipped 39 Top Gun, rather than a 700 ZRC. A ZRC with 700's will dust you bad.

I do go to LOTO, and I we can set something up for 2008.

Last but not least, a 45 Maxum w/1075's smokes 'em both!!!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I agree Omerta, the NXT is an awesome drive and the 700 motor combo is great. I have no doubt the NXT drive will outlast a Bravo drive.
That being said, why don't we see how the boats run personally.
My 625hp 38 Comp Vs. your 39TG 700NXT
Say 1000 Islands in August! We can take a run in the Lake.
Loser buys the beer back on the docks!
Looks like I've got to chart a lake run.....
First one to Rochester and back.... :beer:
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Tom A.;2399974]I can't make it down to Florida with the boat, however I will be on the Islamirada run with my friend Charlie and would gladly bench race at the bar over a couple cocktails.
QUOTE]

We're doing Islamorada as well (Thursday); hopefully I'll get to see a ZRC there and catch a ride in one. Regardless we'll see you there...first and last ones on me!

Quick Reply: 38zr comp ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.