38zr comp ? >

38zr comp ?

Notices

38zr comp ?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
The NXT's break regularly if you put 6 blade Herrings on them, and then chase my Comp ZR on the big stuff. In my neck of the woods, the "beak" boats break them regularly. Again, it is a 6 blade Herring issue in the big stuff. The transmission will fail for sure!!!!! The Bravos live only because the weight of the boat is low. Bravo's in a cabined 38 of any brand are junk.

As far as comparable performance, my 575 version is a better comparison to a 700 equipped 39 Top Gun, rather than a 700 ZRC. A ZRC with 700's will dust you bad.

I do go to LOTO, and I we can set something up for 2008.

Last but not least, a 45 Maxum w/1075's smokes 'em both!!!!!
Fountain only built a couple with NXT's then switched to sixes. Im also pretty sure they tried to get all the boats back they out nxt's on and swaped them out for sixes. I think this was due to the very high x dimensions on fountains. There have not been alot of failures at all with the NXT drive and you dont need a six blade hearing to keep them together. Bravos arnt going to last on the your ZRC either. They're not designed to. Everyone knows im a big fan of the ZRC but I dont think you will be dusting a 700 39 in big water!!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Everyone knows im a big fan of the ZRC but I dont think you will be dusting a 700 39 in big water!!
I'll let you know this time next year.

Donzi and Cigarette guys going back and forth are like drunk Irish brothers. They will pick on each other but will team up and pumell anyone who tries to get in their way!

It is going to be a long cold winter.......
Old 01-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bluellama
Looks like I've got to chart a lake run.....
First one to Rochester and back.... :beer:
After your quotes in another thread (Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08??? ) I thought you were changing allegiance and joining the Chicago Crew!
You are part of the Jersey Crew! Don't you know that once you join the family there is only one way out.......
Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
After your quotes in another thread (Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08??? ) I thought you were changing allegiance and joining the Chicago Crew!
You are part of the Jersey Crew! Don't you know that once you join the family there is only one way out.......
I guess I should have been clearer, I've always believed that the 1000 Islands Run and the Jersey Crew go hand in hand, there isn't a 1000 Island Run without the Boyz.

That being said, you were at Juice Bar 2 years ago, and it was a party.

I still think we should work on the Typhoon Lounge.

We could rent a 35" houseboat for less than 2 hotel rooms and an entrance fee. We could register it in the poker run, which would get us docking, and we'd be set. Just leave it there for the weekend.
Tiki bar on the upper deck, chill lounge on the lower, all in the heart of the party.....
Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sleeping on the houseboat could be an option.....
Better yet, we could just charge rent (riffle through their pockets) of all those that pass out from too much Tiki-ing! We could make a fortune off of a few......hmmmm.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Sleeping on the houseboat could be an option.....
Better yet, we could just charge rent (riffle through their pockets) of all those that pass out from too much Tiki-ing! We could make a fortune off of a few......hmmmm.
If we could get a certain NJ Financing Wizard to drag his sorry a$$ back to Canada, we could probably shake enough loose change out of him to fund the whole weekend ......
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am trying to get Big Poppa to drag his Hi-azz back up there. We will need a lot more Jack Daniel's if he comes!

I love the new avitar, now if we could only get you down to Jersey once and awhile.....
Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

I am trying to get Big Poppa to drag his Hi-azz back up there. We will need a lot more Jack Daniel's if he comes!

I love the new avitar, now if we could only get you down to Jersey once and awhile.....
How long do you think we can chirp his Royal Highna$$ before he drags himself out of the Wall Street Journal, and drops into this thread?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Fountain only built a couple with NXT's then switched to sixes. Im also pretty sure they tried to get all the boats back they out nxt's on and swaped them out for sixes. I think this was due to the very high x dimensions on fountains. There have not been alot of failures at all with the NXT drive and you dont need a six blade hearing to keep them together. Bravos arnt going to last on the your ZRC either. They're not designed to. Everyone knows im a big fan of the ZRC but I dont think you will be dusting a 700 39 in big water!!
You are way off. Shogren's sold at least 10 700 NXT's, and they all broke. Some more than others. The current cure is that Mercury is extending the warranttee on their drives. By the way, they all have #6's.....attached to an NXT trans. You forgot to mention why the #6 lowers were attached to the NXT trans in the first place. It has to do with the blunt case hunting at speeds over 100 mph on a fast V. Nothing to do with breakage. The drive does not break, the trans does. After you break it a few times, the trans mount goes next, takes the trans, and the boat is layed up for a month. Saw that too.

Vic from Formula broke one too. Is that what you call a high X dimension???? On a Formula???? No way. Propping for 100 plus on Lake Michigan pot holes is the cause. 120 mile of holes in a boat that is 9600 lbs or heavier will do it. Vic was propping for 100mph, in a 12,000 boat, and bang...

I have not broke a Bravo yet, and I have been at 2007 poker runs where 3 or more NXT's have broke. They were next to us or behind us when they broke. Weekend over....You have to pull the trans. Bravo, unbolt, and hang a new one. $5k vs. $15k. No brainer. The formula to beating both of these **** drives, is the surface drive set up. Like the King of Shaves, or OSG. Notice, no Cig mentioned. I think they have a pace boat for P1. ...LOL!!!! Looks nice.

At the Chicago Poker run, there was a Cig up front, but it was a 46 Tiger, or Muscle boat, with a pair of 1300's, and #6's. Other than the Skaters and the MTI's, the Cigs steal the show in the fashion department. No nicer V on the market!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The drive has not had failures its the tranny like you said. and yes the sixes are mounted to nxt transome assemblies and tranny's on fountains. I also dont think the formula went 100. So how do you explain the awesome performance of the NXT on the ZRC at 115, or the velocity, or on the Nor-tech cats. Its not the drive it the Fountain design. Oh and your five grand for a bravo is going to happen alot. There have been many more success factors with the NXT compared to every bravo failing!! You know chicago isnt the only poker run out there either. The bravo transom assemblies have issues too!! How many hours are on your bravos?? There is no way your going to convince people that a Bravo is better than an NXT! ITS NOT!! I agree with you though on surface drives, but not every hull likes them or can be set up with them.

Quick Reply: 38zr comp ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.