Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Torn between Fountain and Baja >

Torn between Fountain and Baja

Notices

Torn between Fountain and Baja

Old 05-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem with putting them both up for sale is that somebody's much more likely to buy the more desirable boat. This leaves you with the less desirable boat. I don't think that's the outcome you're after, right? Just want to be sure you get what you want in the end... By the way, if I could trade my Baja for a similar-size fountain, I probably would. Don't shoot me, Baja guys...
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered

Pics ?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Registered

I have a non bias opinion for sure cause ive had neither boat. I will just put it out there again. A lot of people asked you what do you do more of, race or party?

That baja looks a little better in my opinion. Its smother and more modern. But from what ive heard and researched is they're wide and heavy.

The fountain looks pretty damn good also. I don't think I have to say much about it as lots already did.

Bajas are pretty likable and I dont think you'll have any problems selling it. If It were me man, I sell the baja and make your fountain more modern. Redo the inside, arneson drive it and supercharge that thing. You will have the ultimate fountain and I think you will not regret it. Ill be jealous of you to if it makes ya feel any better! ha.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

Default Fountain

I drove a 27 fountain that handled waves great,, I was very impressed, and that was 15 years ago or more. I personally would keep the fountain,, sell the Baja, take the money and tell your wife to upgrade anything she wants on the fountain,, redecorate (they seem to love that) and pick out colors for the cabin etc. Heck, you might even be able to have her throw new graphics on the Fountain along with a power adder. Good luck!

I'm sure both are great, but I always liked the Fountains better.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Both are nice. The Baja looks better and newer for the year. With the drive off the fountain it will handle better. But the fountain is a nice boat. Good choice on listing both for sale. Whichever one sells for the most compared to what u have invested goes. But if it was me sell both and move into a 33-35 of any brand that's a smokin deal in this economy.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered

Good advice, that is exactly my plan. i really like the 34' Baja with 500 efi's but not sure of performance. Im looking more for creature comforts and reliability. But still have some giddy-up.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
Good advice, that is exactly my plan. i really like the 34' Baja with 500 efi's but not sure of performance. Im looking more for creature comforts and reliability. But still have some giddy-up.
You don't get many creature comforts with a fountain. I think AT has that one down.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Registered

+1
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

1999 Baja Boss For Sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.